100% Successful visa stamping in Vancouver

srinathchowdary

Hi Guyz,

I have visa appointment on oct 13th thursday 9:30 AM.I went to ambassy at 9:00 and it is quite long line.After verifying the appointment timings they are sending one by one and some how i got into floor1 after security verification.!st floor they taken your passport and i-797 document and written PIMS not verified and gave token number.When my number came they taken 10 fingers prints intially 4 of right and 4 of left avoiding thumbs and later seperately 2 thumbs at a time.After 15 minutes i was asked to go to 20th floor where visa interviews take place. Here there are 3 counters counter2, counter 5 and counter 6.Counter 5 and counter 6 are active.

i was asked to go to counter 5.Then started my visa interview

VisaOfficer(VO):Hi how are you

Me: I am good and how about you

VO:i am doing well so what you do

Me: answered what i do

VO:What is your jobtitle

Me:answered

VO:Which company you work for?

Me:Answered about the company who hold my Visa

VO:what kind of company is this?

Me: It is IT Company

VO:since how long have been working with this company?

Me:answered since how much time i have been with this company

VO:Do you work directly for this company ?

Me:Answered yes saying sometimes i go to client location for developing some of the applications

VO:Did you do Masters in USA?

Me:Yes

VO:what is the university name and where is it?

Me:gave the details

VO:Congrats! Your Visa has been approved and you will collect the passport within 2 business days.

Me:Thankyou sir

This is how the visa interview done without any issues.I suggest Vancouver is good choice if your company dont have bad remarks and you are good with your w2 and paystubs.

I received my passport on tuesday oct 18th due to PIMS delay.so i suggest please update PIMS atleast 2weeks before visa stamping.

All of you guyz share your experiences who ever attended to Vancouver for visa stamping so that it is useful for others.

Any further questions you can reach me on srionet with google extension

Regards,

Sri

Hi Guyz,

I have visa appointment on oct 13th thursday 9:30 AM.I went to ambassy at 9:00 and it is quite long line.After verifying the appointment timings they are sending one by one and some how i got into floor1 after security verification.!st floor they taken your passport and i-797 document and written PIMS not verified and gave token number.When my number came they taken 10 fingers prints intially 4 of right and 4 of left avoiding thumbs and later seperately 2 thumbs at a time.After 15 minutes i was asked to go to 20th floor where visa interviews take place. Here there are 3 counters counter2, counter 5 and counter 6.Counter 5 and counter 6 are active.

i was asked to go to counter 5.Then started my visa interview

VisaOfficer(VO):Hi how are you

Me: I am good and how about you

VO:i am doing well so what you do

Me: answered what i do

VO:What is your jobtitle

Me:answered

VO:Which company you work for?

Me:Answered about the company who hold my Visa

VO:what kind of company is this?

Me: It is IT Company

VO:since how long have been working with this company?

Me:answered since how much time i have been with this company

Me:Answered yes saying sometimes i go to client location for developing some of the applications

VO:Did you do Masters in USA?

Me:Yes

VO:what is the university name and where is it?

Me:gave the details

VO:Congrats! Your Visa has been approved and you will collect the passport within 2 business days.

Me:Thankyou sir

This is how the visa interview done without any issues.I suggest Vancouver is good choice if your company dont have bad remarks and you are good with your w2 and paystubs.

I received my passport on tuesday oct 18th due to PIMS delay.so i suggest please update PIMS atleast 2weeks before visa stamping.

All of you guyz share your experiences who ever attended to Vancouver for visa stamping so that it is useful for others.

Any further questions you can reach me on srionet with google extension

Regards,

Sri

Hi Srinath,

Are you working on EVC model or FTE?

I have visa appointment on oct 17th Monday 9:30 AM.I went to ambassy at 8.45 and it is quite long line.After verifying the appointment timings they do the security check after completing security check they send you to the 1st floor. on floor took both mine and my wifes passport and I 797. I felt like they are rushing you to submit it quickly. You will be given a token number for your document submission

Some how they were not taking the finger prints on First floor that day. They will call your number to return your passports and I 797. Here is the trouble come to me. I have indian passport and my wife is Australian. Australians are required to pay $105 additional fee if the visa is approved. I had only $40 with me. I was scared... I checked with the lady who took my documents earlier and she told me if the visa is approved they will let me go out and come back. I was keeping my figures crossed.

Few minutes later our number was called to go to 20th floor. few folks were waiting in the line to get their number called for the Visa interview.

after few minutes ournumber was called for window X . We reached the window and here starts the interview. our interview was the most amazing interview i ever had with US consulate.

Me: How are you?

VO: Good. How are you?

Me: Good!

VO: your Company (X) insurance company!

Me: Yes

VO: started taking our finger prints

After we completed the figure prints. he asked us to pay the additional fee for my wife. I explained i do not have the cash or credit card (I left everything at the hotel due to the security )

VO: handed me 221g to pay for the fee and allow me to come back to consulate

Me: Do i need to bring my wife with me ?

VO: No, either one of you can come and pay the fee

after that we came back to hotel and I got the money with me(my wife stayed at the hotel). after reaching the consulate showed the 221g (white) and was allowed to go to the 20th floor straight after passing the security from the 1st floor. No wait in line either.

Paid the fees and went to the counter and I was handed how to track my passport.

We received the passport pick up notification next day Tuesday 18th around 7.10 PM. Picked up the passport in the morning and was back to seattle in few hours.

It was really nice experience.

Additonal Info: I stayed at the Sutton Place, Since I had to back and forth from hotel and consulate. I would recommend getting a hotel near by. Sutton Place was not far from the consulate. It was about 10 minute walk but I took cab since I did not wanted to waist time . I wanted to pay the fees before they close their doors... Not sure what time they close the door down stair

There is a Marriot next to the Consulate and Hayat few blocks away. Also Pacific rim is a block or two away.

I am an FTE and this is my 7th year in H1 and now good for another almost 3 years.

Good luck everyone going for their stamping. this forum has helped a lot reading others experience

@ Srinath ,

Cngrts !!! Just have a quick question ,

Me:Answered yes saying sometimes i go to client location for developing some of the applications .

Hey does your LCA ,I129 Contains both client and employer address or you just have Your employers Address in that?

Thanks ,

Vidhya !!

Hi All,

I have visa stamping appointment in Vancouver, Canada on 11/08/2011.

I have original I-797C but not even a copy of I-797A or I-797B.

Original/Copy of I-797A is required ? or I- 797C is ok?

I would really appreciate if anyone who went to the interview can let me know about this!

Thanks,

Sam

@itsmeraj001 -- Hey... there is no email update on your profile, update your profile with the email address... or else you can email me, get my email address from my profile... kiranumb@g****.com

sent you an email to kirannumb@ ****** .com but its getting bounced...please mail me to ravirajk21 @ ********* extention

Last Name different in I797 and Passport.

My Husband changed his last name while we married in Sanfrancisco Court. With the marriage certificate as a proof for his name change he got his SSN name changed to new name. He got his indian passport also fixed. Now the question is we are planning to go for H1 B stamping to Canada (We are Indian Citizens). Will this be an issue when we go for H1 stamping in vancouver. We both are FTE working for big companies in the silicon valley. He has a US degree as well. He had his first stamping in Vancouver. This would be his second.

Can you please tell me if he will have any issues since he has different last name in I797 and his passport.

I had a H1B visa interview, last week at the US Consulate, Vancouver and was successful. I have, since returned to the US now. I work under the EVC model and was not asked many questions. The questions were pretty standard ones like -

- Who is my employer?

- What does my employer do (his business)?

- My location, designation, and since when was I working for my employer

- Do I work for an end client or the employer?

I was not asked any additional documents to be shown.

My advise, remains the same, as many have advised in this forum - stay calm, do not panic, speak truthfully and have faith in yourself and Almighty. Things will be fine. Good Luck to everyone!

• 1 month later...

Archived