tracking all 221G ottawa candiates from oct 17th

isk007

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my approval email today at 11.30 am and they've asked me to pick up the passport from the dhl office in the next two days.

(I interviewed for F-1 renewal at ottawa on 31st oct and got 221g blue admin processing).

My wife still hasn't got the consular email yet. She interviewed on 31st oct and got the 221g blue form too- she's applied for H1 (F1-H1).

But thats some good news for us ;). Really hoping hers is round the corner.

Hi all,

My wife received an email from the consulate this morning at 11.35am saying her admin processing was complete and she can pick up the visa/passport from DHL within 72 hours.

(she had applied for H1 (F1-H1) on 31st October 2011 and its basically taken 8 weeks ( or about 35 business days). We will be driving back to NJ tomorrow or latest friday depending on when she gets the passport.

Good luck to all.

Hello All, I need some information. I am also planning to Canada for my H1B VISA for 2nd time. I am working on EVC model.

My Existing VISA was expired more than a year ago.I heard from my friend that if existing was expired more than an year ago, then we are supposed to go Home land (India) for Stamping.

Does any one has any idea is this information is true?

I attended the Ottawa Embassy on Oct 11th. I got 221g blue slip and VO said they will reply though the email after administrative process. I had the prior DUI conviction in 2008 and the question only revolve around that. He asked me for the court document which I supplied with. Haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know how long the administrative process taking these days in Ottawa.

Hi, am also same boat of DUI conviction, please let me know the update of your case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just got my approval email asking to submit passport for visa stamping!! this is great news.

interview date : 9th January

Approval: 9th March

goodluck to everyone. if your case is straightforward you should definitely get the visa!!!

Congrats !!! Can you tell more about your case? Were you a direct employee? Got 221g white? If EVC- was your clinet contacted- if so when? I see it took you 2 months more than the usual trend in Ottawa..so I am curious.

@frozeninn: Congrats buddy......it took almost 2 months for you to get approval..........can I know did u got 221G white or blue????

when did ur client or employer verification has been completed???

Do you have any idea why did it took this much time in your case?? Please reply dude...

guys i got 221g blue. direct employee and interview was straightforward. the visa officer said everything is good with my case but they need to do administrative processing and i was handed a 221g blue.

now i am back in the US and those two months dont seem too much now.

good luck guys!

Archived