tracking all 221G ottawa candiates from oct 17th

isk007

Hi all,

I got approval email today at around 11:30 AM. Appeared for interview on 24th Oct (Monday) got approval on 3rd Nov (Thursday). Best of luck to everyone here.

@Arslan

Congratulations to you. Would you mind sharing what is your profession? I am trying to find out if anyone who has obtained approval works in R&D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Friends

Finally I got approval email from embassy. It seems if you can have your client send the letter with contact number then there is little surety that you will get approval.

I received email at 10 am.. and saw it at 10:45 am. Consulate ppl only work till 11am and they are closed tomorrow so I will need to wait until Monday to drop my passport.

@Kanny

Congrats to you, would you mind sharing your profession?

I got 221g blue form checked for pending further processing.

I am in EVC model( F1-H1).

any updates on the time lines? any idea how long this takes?

@immi_kk

I am also on the same boat and planning to attend visa at OTTAWA. Can you please suggest me how the process in OTTAWA. Do you know any other consulate in CANADA for easy processing of F1-H1B.

I really appreciate your help. Can you please share your contact details.

HI all,

i had my interview on 7th Nov and VO issued me 221g white form.

I submitted my client letter as well.

My wait time starts now.

Friend don't worry. I am in Ottawa downtown and stuck with 221g since last 2 weeks. You can contact me on asr.visa@g****.com for any information or accommodation.

Hi All,

I had interview today on November 8th 2011, I got 221g. Please let me know if anybody want to share room with me or I am ready to join the room.

Friend don't worry. I am in Ottawa downtown and stuck with 221g since last 2 weeks. You can contact me on asr.visa@g****.com for any information or accommodation.

@Saif

Nothing so far. What about you? Can you also share what your profession is?

I am probably flagged under Technology Alert, do not know if your case might be getting delayed for same reasons as mine.

keep posting

@Aakanksha

I work in the accounting field. I am not in the R&D or Computer field. I have been waiting for the last 2 weeks. Were you issued a blue 221g? I wonder what kind of background check they have to do that takes this long. I am kind of confused.

I received the approval email today. I wanted to ask you guys what happens when you go to drop off your passport fro stamping.

Are you only required to carry the printed copy of the email and passport and stand in the same line?

Do we need to schedule another appointment?

Did anyone request that the passport be returned by hand? Do they ever agrree to do so and if not, in how many days does it arrive by dhl?

Hi

Both my wife and I got 221g Blue forms in ottawa on 31st Oct.

My case: I'm a phd student and i came here for F1 renewal.

My wife: is here for first time H1 stamping.

We had our interviews same day 31st oct with the same VO.

We both are in science field.

Is there anyone in similar situation as us from the same field and is anyone willing to share accomodation with us?

we have been here for a week and a half now in ottawa. Contact me at ar.312011@******.com

Hello All,

I received the following email from embassy.....

In order to continue processing your US visa application, we need you to return to the Embassy Monday to Thursday between 2:00-3:00pm (except on US and Canadian holidays).

Please print this e-mail and present it to the guards in order to be admitted into the building.

please let me know if anyone else received it earlier?

Hello All,

I got an update from my client manager that the consulate contacted them. Can anyone let me know how long does it take them to take the decision or they gonna contact vendors and employer too?

Please let me know.

Hey rockerz,

I got 221g white and didn't submit client letter. my interview was on Nov. 8th. where do u stay? we can share the accommodation.

I hope u get approval this week end.all the best..rsvp to: ghanshyamd at gxxx com

Hi

Attended interview for H1 stamping on 1st November, was issued 221g blue for TAL, He returned my I797, also took back my passport, he only wanted my resume and the export license that was issued to me for my work. It has been a week now. Hopefully will not take too much time

Both my wife and I got 221g Blue forms in Ottawa on 31st Oct 2011. She's applying for first time H1 (changing from F1) and I'm here to renew my F1(i've been in a PhD program for 5 years now). We both are in the biosciences field. The VO was the same for us on 31st. He didn't ask us much, we didn't have to provide him anything additionally. He even said in both our cases that the visa will be granted but required further processing. Its 10th Nov now and we've not heard from the consulate as yet.

Archived