tracking all 221G ottawa candiates from oct 17th

isk007

Hi,

I was looking for some sort of tracker for 221g cases at Ottawa embassy and hit this page. I know each case is different and takes different time. But at least it gives some satisfaction watching others getting AP cleared.

Interview Date: 24th Oct 2011

Job: Full time employee in one of the biggest financial company

Documents Kept: Passport and DS-160 Printed Copy

VO replied I am more than willing to grant you visa but it will go under Administrative Processing and handed me blue 221g slip. He told me it could take from 2-3 weeks to months. No further document was required. Interview was pretty simple My Role and Position in the company? How many siblings I have? What I do at my current position? VO asked for the latest pay stubs (only document he asked for). I will update my status as soon as I hear something from embassy.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

I had my interview on Oct 25th 2011. The interview went well and the VO did not ask too many questions. He did give the 221 g for further processing. Anyone received their approval yet after being handed the 221 g?

I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything from them.

@Raghuvar

He gave me my passport back because of my status in Canada (visitor) but he said then when the visa is approved I will have to be physically in Ottawa to pick it up. He said there is nothing wrong with docs and there was nothing wrong with the interview.. It's just a process that they have to go through.. Let's hope that this process does't take long.. Anybody else got their approval yet?

@Raghuvar

Don't know why my earlier reply was not posted here but I'll reply again. He gave me my passport back coz of my visitor status here in Canada. He said everything looks fine and there is nothing wrong with docs and the interview. It's just a process that they have to do so hopefully it doesn't take too long. Are you also in the same situation?

@arslan , @saif: Can You Please tell us if we are issued 221(G) can we withdraw from visa interview or can we withdraw our application .In What Cases do they take our Passport .Is it with 221(G) yellow or 221(G) blue.Please help me in answering this question.Iam in desperate for this answer

I don't think it makes sense to withdraw interview or visa application. You will have to go through this whole process again and who knows they will scrutinize you more. You can withdraw before your interview. Mine is 221g blue slip. I am on Multiple Entry Visit Visa in Canada. I think if they keep your passport you can get it back by sending an email (address mentioned on Blue Slip) to embassy. But you have to send it back to embassy when your visa is approved. The slip says it will take further work days to process your visa after we receive your material.

@isk007

Congrats on your approval. I wanted to ask you if they had kept your passport during the processing time? It seems like they had your passport all the while and asked you to collect it after it was done. Am i interpreting it correctly? Please clarify.

I had appeared for the interview today (Oct 24th) and was told by the VO that all my paper work was good and interview went well but he would have to send it for administrative processing. They have my resume and letter from employer only. Have to wait and watch.

Has anyone else obtained approval yet?

@Akansha n other ppl here

the officer gave me the passport back, initially he kept it with him, but i asked if there is any timeframe for admin processing, then he said u have to be patient n i am giving u the passport incase you want to travel. i know atleast 5 ppl who got 221G on oct 17th & 18th.

@ isk007

Hey. I know you got your visa approved. How long did you have to wait after the interview? He also gave me the blue 221 g and told me the same exact stuff. He said your case is legit and the interview went well. Just be patient and wait for the admin process to clear. If you could tell how long you had to wait that would be helpful.

Thanks

@Raghuvar: I did see a few people with another kind of letter that probably had a tracking number, so they got approval. There was another person who went for interview to Window 2 and sitting close to their, I could clearly hear the VO explain how he could track his passport in mail. So to answer your questions, some people did get approval.

my interview was on 25th Oct. i was given my passport back.

An update:Today morning (26th) I heard from my prime vendor that he received a call from Visa Consulate to confirm my employment. Has anyone encountered such thing?

Also, did anyone have their visa approved.

I am on single entry visa to Ottawa. and i am afraid going out of canada might harm my case as might not be able to come back. plz help with more info on such cases. :(

@All, the initial few posts seem to be from candidates that appeared for interview on Oct 17th. Have any of you, apart from isk2007, received approvals yet?

@isk2007, after you received the email from the Embassy about the completion of processing, what was the time frame within which you had to reappear? and what exactly did you have to do? another appointment, DS 160?

@suman_mca: VO asked me who is employer and where do I work and he asked me letter from employer and letter from client and also he asked my roles and responsibilities. I showed all the documents, but client letter was in good format, VO said they need in good format, so he took passport, I797, employer letter, client letter and gave me email id and asked me to send client to that email.

Hi Ravi,

Me to staying in seperate room...if u wish u can join...me staying at WelcomeINNS.

Thanks and Regards

Udhay

Update ur profile we can talk by phone...

Hi , I had intereview on 25th morning and given 221g asking for client letter. I had clinet letter but they want in proper format.

I am staying alone in motel and paying more and also do not know when this issue will get resolve, could I share room with any one or any one interested to join me, so that we can share the motel rent.

If interested contact me at ravi.visa.interview@******.com

Archived