tracking all 221G ottawa candiates from oct 17th

isk007

i attended the visa interview on oct 17th n got 221g admin processing, i have seen few other ppl as well with similar thing happening to them, so looking to track here to see the timelines in ottawa consulate.

Interview date: Oct 17th

221G admin processing checked on blue form

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all of you asking for the interview process, the intention for this thread is not to explain this but to track the timelines in resolving other cases at ottawa, anyway im stating here, my interview was normal, asked for all the contract docs (EVC) and said admin processing. my advice is Ottawa consulate is no better than any indian consulate so its upto you ppl to make a decision, also please dont write back asking again about interview process :-)

I attended the Ottawa Embassy on Oct 11th. I got 221g blue slip and VO said they will reply though the email after administrative process. I had the prior DUI conviction in 2008 and the question only revolve around that. He asked me for the court document which I supplied with. Haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know how long the administrative process taking these days in Ottawa.

I attended the Ottawa Embassy on Oct 11th. I got 221g blue slip and VO said they will reply though the email after administrative process. I had the prior DUI conviction in 2008 and the question only revolve around that. He asked me for the court document which I supplied with. Haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know how long the administrative process taking these days in Ottawa.

Guys

my visa is approved today and officer said everything looks fine,my admin process is completed n passport will be available for pickup in 2-3 days, my 2 cents here if you are in EVC model n have all the contracts from end-to-end, client letter with telephone numbers on it, pay stubs, i think they wont take longer for admin processing. my client didnt get any call. Anyway i wish good luck for rest of the 221g candidates at ottawa.

Guys

my visa is approved today and officer said everything looks fine,my admin process is completed n passport will be available for pickup in 2-3 days, my 2 cents here if you are in EVC model n have all the contracts from end-to-end, client letter with telephone numbers on it, pay stubs, i think they wont take longer for admin processing. my client didnt get any call. Anyway i wish good luck for rest of the 221g candidates at ottawa.

even i was struck from Oct17..hopefully things go fine with me and everyone else struck...heard a fellow guy saying same thing..all being issued 221g cases..I am surprised as many of them from that day at Ottawa not posting anything related..

any update with your case?..Do you have any idea about others struck in ottawa on Oct17th

@CanStruck i spoke to one guy after interview who also got 221G n the officer mentioned to him that it will be 4 weeks max before it will be resolved, Also google for admin process + uscis, there its mentioned that all cases with admin process will be resolved within 60 days.

@isk007

Congrats on your approval. I wanted to ask you if they had kept your passport during the processing time? It seems like they had your passport all the while and asked you to collect it after it was done. Am i interpreting it correctly? Please clarify.

I had appeared for the interview today (Oct 24th) and was told by the VO that all my paper work was good and interview went well but he would have to send it for administrative processing. They have my resume and letter from employer only. Have to wait and watch.

Has anyone else obtained approval yet?

Guys

Pls share ur interview.

It seems like a couple of people who appeared for interview onm Oct 24th have received 221G notice. I think we could help each other's cause or ease the anxiety by posting updates for approvals. This will give some idea of processign times and hopefully they will be short. It is my request to all.

Can people share what documents did the VO keep with them. In my case they returned the passport, just kept with them DS 160, technology alert letter/ letter from employer and resume.

Can people share what documents did the VO keep with them. In my case they returned the passport, just kept with them DS 160, technology alert letter/ letter from employer and resume.

@Akanksha,

Yes. VO gave my passport back and held back my employment letters, prime vendor letter, PO, my original I-797.

I attented interview on 24th october. I think that day many other guys were getting the same blue form for admin processing. lets all keep posting each other on the updates so we know at least how long this is going to take.

Archived