PIMS verification need to be done Prior to H1B visa Interview to avoid Passport Delays

srinathchowdary

@ Srinath ,

Thanks for the information .but how do you know if the PIMS verification is done or not ? Seems to be a silly question but wanted to know if I have to ask my employer or some one to know about this ?

I am going to with a new company for my second attempt so just wanted to know about this in advance ...

Can you please share some information about this .

Thanks ,

Vidhya !!

Hi Guyz,

This topic is mainly to all the people who ever visting to canada or mexico or India.It is better to have PIMS done atleast 2 to 3 weeks before Prior to H1B visa interview.Otherwise there are Issues causing in delay of passports taking from Days to weeks and months.

Regards,

Sri

Sri

Please let us know how can PIMS be done. Is there way to do it before hand.

Thanks

While filing for H1 or Extension, we need to send a duplicate copy of the petition to update KCC. This is done by the lawyers. So you canfirm with your company attorney.

In India, PIMS verification is not done before the interview. But in other contries they do that. Just few days back, i got a reply from the Consolate regarding PIMS and attached for refference.

---------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

This is in response to your inquiry. Regret our inability to assist you. PIMS will be verified only when you come in for the interview and not before that.

Thanks

Sincerely

Visa Information Unit

American Consulate General

Chennai 600006, India

Telephone: 91 44 2857 4242

Fax: 91 44 2811 2027

vn

@Vidya,@h1 and H4,@kg,@gagar,@vicky1

Here is the information shown in murthy forumn

http://www.murthy.co...s/n_pimsde.html

PIMS usually taken care by company attorneys who ever filed h1b.They need to send duplicate copy of your approved i797 petition and related documents. There will be no issues as long as you are with in usa but when you planned to go for stamping better to check with company attorneys if they already send PIMS. if not you can send scanned copeis through email to the consulate that you are attending to interview atleast 2 weeks so that there will not be any passport delays.

You can call consulate too if you have any questions related to PIMS.

if you guyz have any more clarifications needed you can reach me on srionet with ******** extension

It used to be an issue when they introduced PIMS in 2007 and 2008. I think now most employers will take care of it. but you can also call consulate or send an email with copy of I-797 requesting PIMS be done, but no guarantee it will be done. I sent an email to Ottawa consulate last year, all I got was automated reply.

• 2 years later...

Archived