What does this mean - Have i got the GC?

All,

What does the below mean?

On October 04, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center.

Few days back, the status was, Card Ordered for Production, but now, i see the above status.

I am confused! Is my GC in the mail or first i need to get the stamp in my passport then, my GC will be mailed to me??

Thanks for all the input in advance!

ravi,

Did you enter on an Immigrant Visa or did you go through adjustment of status inside the U.S.?

In either case, it seems pretty obvious. You will either get a card in the mail or instructions to get fingerprinted at an ASC or report for ADIT processing.

There's no context or history in your post.

Thanks for the reply!

Mine is Employment Based Appln (Adjustment of status within US)

Below are the details of the emails, i got from USCIS

Oct 3

======

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On October 03, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Oct 04

===================

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On October 13, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Is this a normal process of sending emails? i am lost with reference to why USCIS sent a second mail on Oct 04???

Thanks for your help!

Thanks Ravi. I see that your PD was current as per July 2011 bulletin. Any reason why it took this long for you to get GC? Not sure if it takes 2 to 3 months for card issuance after the PD becomes current. I heard that we should receive updates on the GC approval within 15 to 20 days after the PD has become current. Isn't that true?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Ravi. I see that your PD was current as per July 2011 bulletin. Any reason why it took this long for you to get GC? Not sure if it takes 2 to 3 months for card issuance after the PD becomes current. I heard that we should receive updates on the GC approval within 15 to 20 days after the PD has become current. Isn't that true?

Posted processing dates are poorly understood (even by USCIS). The posted time frames are best guesses of when someone will actually open up the file and take a look. What happens after that is case specific.

Archived