Please share your EC Model experience

Diorsdune

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@svadala - Congratulations!

Were you asked the hot favorite Employer-Employee questions :) ?

If you don't mind request you to please share the questions you were asked along with your responses.

Thanks ahead.

Ohh yeah! They did focus a lot on empler-empee relationship...

a) I see you got an extension of 3 years. So from when are you in US?

-- Sep 2006

b) It would be more than 6 years. Is your green card in process? If yes I need to see a copy of it.

-- Gave copy of 140

c) What exactly does your company do?

-- Answered briefly

d) What is the project you are working on and your role?

-- Answered briefly

e) Will you be working at the client location?

-- Yes. I do have a letter from the client stating my job duties and handed it over.

f) Whom do you report your day to day activities and who exactly assigns you the work on your project?

-- Client manager, but I do report to my company's manager on a weekly basis regarding the status and issues if any.

g) How many employees from your company are allocated to the project you are working on? is there a manager from your company onsite working in the same project?

-- None. I am the only one at my client's location

h) Do u have masters from US? If not how did u find an employer and a job in US?

-- Answered

j) Can I see your recent pay stubs?

-- Gave pay slips for the last 1 yr

Finally I was asked to write down my client manager's name on ds 160 with his role, and list of all my previous employers and the dates I have worked for them. Later the officer handed me a 221(g) yellow slip and said it should take around a couple of weeks to conclude your application.

@ Vidhya - I am still waiting for the documents. The delay is with the client documents.

Are you looking to attend the interview in Hyderabad? I've been checking on dates the last couple of days. As of now the earliest available is 28th Nov.

I don't want to book a date till I get all the documents from my employer. Which means.. this could actually slip into December.

@Vidhya and @Diorsdune,

Is this ur second h1 visa interview? Would u guys please put give ur details here.

I am working on getting a new H1 in EC Model since my 221g was suspended and case is sent back to USCIS. Probably will attend interview in thrid week of dec if everthing goes smooth on H1 processing.

Do I need to provide more documents at HYD consulate?

Currently I am on H1B visa (Visa stamp expired) and I am planing to Visit INDIA early next year. I need to go for Visa stamping. When I looked at US consulate, HYD it is showing me provide Export License:

and some other documents. The link is below

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/appointments_and_interviews/hitechbs.html

1) Do we need to provide all these documents? Any one attended Visa interview HYD consulate can share their experience?

2) Is it better to skip HYD consulate and look for Chennai or other consulate ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@diorsdune and @vidhya :

Hello,

I am following you post and need help from you guys to know if shall i change form evc to EC model..... did you guys went for stamping or still waiting for documents to come .. Please let me know ,... i am in same boat and your experince will help deciding mine ... your reply is appreciated ,..

Thanks

@ h1bmo1 - You should definitely change from EVC to EC model.

I will be working the EC model.. but the client is causing a lotta delays & is taking its own time to issue the letters (the project start is on a future date). I'm now tired of waiting for the documents. And am in fact talking to another company now.. for a full time role.. as that's considered even better than EC.

I will be working the EC model.. but the client is causing a lotta delays & is taking its own time to issue the letters (the project start is on a future date). I'm now tired of waiting for the documents. And am in fact talking to another company now.. for a full time role.. as that's considered even better than EC.

@Vidya, Please post ur updates too.

@Diorsdune :

thanks .. I hope EC is better ..did you hear anything EVC to EC ..getting rejected ..

ALso what to do you mean by client letter - the project start is on a future ....should on client letter the start date should be future or present .......as i am working for my cleint for 3 yrs ...and they have written that i am working since 3 yrs and will be wokring for next yrs.....is it enough or i need to write start date ...?

• 2 weeks later...

@ h1bmo1 - If you've been working with the same client for 3 years.. & the client letter clearly states that, then you are covered. Perhaps you could request them to additionally mention the date that you had started working with them, however, it is not critical that they mention the date as long as they are clearly saying that you have been working with them & will continue to do so..

When do you plan on going for the stamping?

@ h1bmo1 - If you've been working with the same client for 3 years.. & the client letter clearly states that, then you are covered. Perhaps you could request them to additionally mention the date that you had started working with them, however, it is not critical that they mention the date as long as they are clearly saying that you have been working with them & will continue to do so..

When do you plan on going for the stamping?

Hi Diorsdune

Any updates on ur end ??

Archived