Please share your EC Model experience

Diorsdune

@ romeo 18 ,

Thanks for sharing your experience !! But I am still confused with

VO: Where will you work ?

ME: I will work in 2 locations, ABC's location and XYZ office.

Why did you Mention @ two locations just curious .... Instead you should have mentioned just @ XYZ office right ? May the Vo used to trust you ? dont you think so ? and he wouldnt have any further more questions ? May be I am wrong in understanding your intention ...

Just wanted to know as I am also planing for EC model for second attempt sometime soon ...

Thanks ,

Vidhya !!

@ vidhya18

My case.. my employer... also wanted to show that there is a employer-employee relation... so in LCA he mentioned both locations... and both locations are 40 miles away.... and the project is with my employer... so he wanted to convey that .. i will also be going at client site..as per the project requirement.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Romeo18 - Thanks for sharing your experience.

A few questions..

1) In the DS160 form what did you mention as your Work location?

2) What is your work location as per the I129?

3) What work location Client/Employer do you have the LCA approved for?

4) Finally, did you carry a document (like Client letter...etc) that stated that you would be working out of the 2 locations..?

Thanks in advance.

@ Diorsdune

1) In the DS160 form what did you mention as your Work location?

I mentioned as my employers address , i,e XYZ's address

2) What is your work location as per the I129?

Work location in I129 is both... even LCA has both locations.

3) What work location Client/Employer do you have the LCA approved for?

Both locations.

4) Finally, did you carry a document (like Client letter...etc) that stated that you would be working out of the 2 locations..?

No i did not have a client letter , since i got this employment from india, so unless i join them they would give me a client letter.

UPDATE :

After my interview on 18th , My case started showing up on the website

Case Number:

Date Submitted:

Response Date: 2011286-XXX-X

13/10/2011

N/A Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website.

I observed one thing, It says that the date received is 13th Oct. This was the date when i submitted my documents to VFS office.. @ hyderabad before my interview.

So does it mean that... it was pre decided that my case will be put under 221G ??? Strange how Consulate is working...... are the targeting us ??

I ask the question.. 'cos the VO didn't sound convinced with the kind of work you'd be delivering at the 2 locations.

Given that you didn't have a client letter.. the other project related documentation you carried for the stamping becomes critical.

@ Diorsdune

Yes i was carrying Master service agreement between the client and my employer. But he did not ask me that.. he gave me blue form.. and then asked me about the client letter and agreement.

Then he told me that ... they will verify with the client.

@Diorsdune

I went for stamping to Chennai consulate on 12th Oct 2011 on EC model. I had all my documents with me and below is what the VO asked:

VO: How long have you worked for XXXXX?

Me: answered

VO: Whats your salary?

Me: Answered

VO; Is there any vendors in between?

Me: No

VO: Have you ever been to US?

Me: Yes

VO:Which visa were you in US?

Me: L1 and my wife L2 with my previous employer

VO: Location?

Me: Answered

VO (to my wife): How long have you two been married?

My wife: Answered

VO: Your visa is approved we will stamp and send it back to you, thank you.

She (VO) didnt even ask for the client letter, payslips, employer IT docs, etc etc. Just the I-797, LCA and passports. Thats it.

Best of luck to all who will be appearing for stamping interviews. :)

Hope you wouldn't mind sharing some details..

a) Will you be working at the client location?

b) If your will be reporting to your employer.. will he also be based out of the client's location?

c) Finally, how many of your employers employees will be allocated to the project you will be working on?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I had my H1B extension interview in Delhi on 8th April 2011. Got a green 221g with employer related docs & wage analysis to be submitted.

I submitted the said docs on 28th April.

Mid May - received 221g by email - asking to submit the same docs again. Did so by the end of May.

Mid June - received email to submit 3 docs from the above list (again) along with my educational credential eval & license to practice in US (I am a physical therapist). Submitted on 20th June.

End of July - employer got to know thru senator inquiry that case sent back to USCIS & status on USCIS website changed on 11th Aug'11

On 15 Sep 2011, got email to collect passport, rcvd my passport with the original I797. After 3 days received a standard denial letter from Embassy which was dated 27th July 2011.

Current Status - Still waiting to hear from USCIS.

My rejection letter is also dated 27'th july and i got this letter in september.

Model: EC

Had my interview on Sep 26th in Toronto. VO issued a 221g yellow and said it might take a couple of weeks to make a decision. My client was contacted on the same day for verification.

Got an email on Oct 19th to drop the passport and got it back with visa the following week. I don't mean to disappoint others planning for a stamping in Toronto, but be prepared for a delay if VO finds your answers or any documentation inconclusive.

Best wishes!

@ sreddy123 - Hope you wouldn't mind sharing some details..

a) Will you be working at the client location?

b) If your will be reporting to your employer.. will he also be based out of the client's location?

c) Finally, how many of your employers employees will be allocated to the project you will be working on?

Thank you in advance.

Archived