Please share your EC Model experience

Diorsdune

Hello Everyone,

I will be going for stamping in the next couple of weeks... and would like to know of both positive as well as bad experiences that you may have faced when you recently went to a Consulate/Embassy for the Visa stamping.

In this forum I see there are a lot of people like me who will be going for stamping in Oct and your inputs will greatly help us.

Thank you in advance.

------------------ This topic is for EC Model stamping experiences only -----------------

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had my 4th time H1B extension this May in chennai consulate (all other stamping was in mumbai consulate) and handed over blue and pink slip for admin processing. (initially blue given for submitting a document and later got blue again with AAP checked with submitted document). Got visa stamped after 17 weeks.

Hi,

I had my H1B extension interview in Delhi on 8th April 2011. Got a green 221g with employer related docs & wage analysis to be submitted.

I submitted the said docs on 28th April.

Mid May - received 221g by email - asking to submit the same docs again. Did so by the end of May.

Mid June - received email to submit 3 docs from the above list (again) along with my educational credential eval & license to practice in US (I am a physical therapist). Submitted on 20th June.

End of July - employer got to know thru senator inquiry that case sent back to USCIS & status on USCIS website changed on 11th Aug'11

On 15 Sep 2011, got email to collect passport, rcvd my passport with the original I797. After 3 days received a standard denial letter from Embassy which was dated 27th July 2011.

Current Status - Still waiting to hear from USCIS.

@ Tejalks - Aren't you planning on filing a new H1?

I am looking at that option, but since this 221g thing is so much heated up, most employers & immigration attorney's say that there are 50-50 chances of landing into another 221g & then wait period begins from square 1. My current employer is of the opinion that since my case moved fast from KCC to the Vermont Center, they are hoping positively on it, since the longest delay is from cases going to respective centers from KCC.

Also since some of them who have tried filing new H1 have not been successful, I am really confused if its appropriate after such a long wait or should I just wait few more days...

I had my interview today... with EC model.. This is my experience below.

ABC = Client , XYZ = Employer

VO: Is this is a new employment ?

Me: yes

VO : Is there a client involved ?

Me: Yes, its ABC

VO: What will you be doing?

ME: I explained the duties in offer letter.

VO: Where will you work ?

ME: I will work in 2 locations, ABC's location and XYZ office.

VO: What work will you do at XYZ ?

ME: I will be managing Wide area network elements and regards to this project i will also be involved in FIOS network management testing.

VO: ABC never gives away their equipment to third party to test , how will you do that at XYZ'slab ?

ME: I will be visiting ABC's office for testing , and As per my conversation with My manager at XYZ , he said i would be working at both the locations with respect to this project.

VO: This is not making any sense, Is there anything you are hiding ?

ME: No sir, as per my interview with XYZ i was told that i will be working at ABC and XYZ premises.

VO : I am warning you for the last time , if you have anything that you need to say.. I will verify this with ABC, and if its Wrong, I will BAN you from coming to USA for life time.

Me: I am not telling any lie sir. As per my discussion with my manager, I would be working at two locations.

VO: Ok , give me the documents related to H1 , we will have to verify with ABC, if something comes up wrong, i will BAN you from going to USA for life time.

ME: I gave the documents , he gave me BLUE form with CASE number.

=> I think VO thought i was lying with regards to my employment, because i had found this job from india after being rejected once on H1B in july..... I said there should verification done !!.. fingers Crossed :(

@ romeo 18 ,

Thanks for sharing your experience !! But I am still confused with

VO: Where will you work ?

ME: I will work in 2 locations, ABC's location and XYZ office.

Why did you Mention @ two locations just curious .... Instead you should have mentioned just @ XYZ office right ? May the Vo used to trust you ? dont you think so ? and he wouldnt have any further more questions ? May be I am wrong in understanding your intention ...

Just wanted to know as I am also planing for EC model for second attempt sometime soon ...

Thanks ,

Vidhya !!

@ Romeo18 - Thanks for sharing your experience.

A few questions..

1) In the DS160 form what did you mention as your Work location?

2) What is your work location as per the I129?

3) What work location Client/Employer do you have the LCA approved for?

4) Finally, did you carry a document (like Client letter...etc) that stated that you would be working out of the 2 locations..?

Thanks in advance.

Archived