changed EVC - EC visa approved (Hyderabad consulate)

May_17_221g_yellow

First interview (EVC model, Hyderabad consulate)

Interview Date - May 17th (given 221g yellow form)

Docs submitted - June 27th

Client Verification done - July13th (DOS contacted my client manager by email)

And on Aug 24th i received a call from US consulate, Hyd and asked few questions abt my client, project and employee - employer relation. After that no updates from the consulate...

----------------------------------------------

In the mean time my prime vendor initiated another H1-B for the same client, project and position and i got approval in 2-3 weeks. Then i scheduled my interview on Oct4th.

----------------------------------------------

Second interview (EC model, Hyderabad consulate)

Interview Date - Oct4th

I went to the same VO, but said he has already interviewed earlier and should not interview again and asked me to go to another window. went to window number 11.

Interview questions

1) Employer name?

2) who is your client

3) Who is you manager? is he an employee of client or my employer?

4) how many ppl from you company are working at client location? do all of them report to the same person?

5) where do your manager work (will he be working at client location)?

6) Highest qualification?

7) Do you report to client manager? (i said "no, i would report to my manager and he will report to client manager")

Then he said everything looks good and approving your visa.I received my passport with stamped.

And he did not ask anything about my previous visa application. earlier a week before my 2nd interview i have send mail to Hyderabad consulate stating my intention to withdraw my previous visa application. Guess, it has taken care off.

Note - Also i noticed, almost all the people who attended on that day got stamped. pls make sure you have all the documents and your current employment is as per the documents (LCA, I129)

Thanks.

@ May ....

Congrats !! So nice to hear , thanks for sharing the the visa experience over here . It gives us lot of information and above all kind of support and hope . Really appreciate the forum and the guys posting over here .

Can you please take a moment and share the list of documentation You carried over with you?

Thanks ,

Vidhya

@Diorsdune

3) Who is you manager? is he an employee of client or my employer?

My response - i told my manager's name and he is an employee of my employer

4) how many ppl from you company are working at client location? do all of them report to the same person?

My response - I said all are reporting to the same person.

5) where do your manager work (will he be working at client location)? my response - Yes

7) Do you report to client manager? my response - i said "no, i would report to my manager and he will report to client manager"

@kuku82

for your question - "when you applied for new h1b for the same employer what did you fill up in the form where it was asked to chose if your visa refused in the past ?? you checked "yes" or "no" to that question."

Ans - I have applied new H1 through new employer for the same client which i was working earlier. Since my previous visa was still pending and not refused/rejected i have checked "no"

@vidhya18

List of documents i carried -

I 797, Company offer letter, Letter to USCIS, I 129, LCA, All Pay stubs, all W2 forms, Client letter, employer letter to Consulate, contract between employer and client, last 6 months bank statements, employer tax returns and employers w2 documents.

@221g_processing

for your question - "I also would like to withdraw my pending application.I have a question on this.Did you book your new visa slot after withdrawing your pending H1 or before withdrawing? "

Ans - nope, i booked the slot before withdrawing my pending H1. Also in few of the posts i saw that the the previous case is not withdrawn VO are asking a written document to "revoke the previous H1". It's better you carry a letter stating Consulate to revoke your previous/pending visa application and you can submit if they ask one.

Thanks,

@may

thanks for answering questions !!!

just a quick question -- even my h1b is pending and it has not been refused yet ..it has been sent to the USCIS after 1 year for further review which could take up to 6 more months according to them and I am going to apply new H1b with the same employer...

Did visa officer asked you anything about your previous pending 221g or previous interview why were you given 221g or something like that?

Archived