Stamping Issues for FTEs?

urzmunna

... I am a full time employee working in power systems - and was my 7th yr extension this time. This is the 3rd year I am working for the current company. I had a pleasant experience in Chennai 2 days ago. I was asked for my paystubs. I was asked if I was paid higher than the state minimum wage for my job. I was told I will receive the passport in a day. They do check for basic labor laws when it comes to full time employees! Other than that - smile up and go get your stamping done. Do not go around listening to folks from the IT industry - they run around creating this hyped up scare about stamping!

Also, I have had prior stamping experiences outside of India, particularly one in Nassau, The Bahamas. I did notice people there were asked to go to their home country if that was the first time they applied for a visa in the H1 category.

Cheers,

congrats. good news. The lca wage would be higher than the state wage anyway, correct?

@ajexpert

• Yes they asked last 3 years of my w2 forms
  • Yes they asked LCA
  • I don't know why I got 221g, as I told earlier I had all documents on interview time.

Did they ask about your education qualification?

If yes, I guess it could be MCA, since they are aware of "Engineering" term but MCA may sound bit skeptical to them

Overall, you should be good because you have 11+yrs of experience and you might be having a document which says that your experience is equivalent to BS/MS in IT.

How many days elapsed since they took your passport? I feel your VISA should get stamped

Experts,

Please advise, I am FTE and need to go to India for 7 th year extension. Based on the replies in this thread, it looks like FTE's are a bit safe. My problem I have bachelors in Chemical engg, will that cause any issue?

Please advise.

@chennai221g - I think you will receive your passport stamped very soon.

Thanks in advance.

Experts,

Please advise, I am FTE and need to go to India for 7 th year extension. Based on the replies in this thread, it looks like FTE's are a bit safe. My problem I have bachelors in Chemical engg, will that cause any issue?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

There are number of factors for 221g, mainly, if your documents are in place and your employer is ready to support (just in case of query) you shouldn't be worried.

Maximum is they can raise a query and if you or your employer can prove that you have sufficient skills to be needed in US, I guess VO doesn't have any point to hold you back.

If your paper work is in order, just be confident, believe in GOD and hopefully everything will be fine.

Experts,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

really if you have maintained status and your employer follows h1b employee rules, then it should be ok Chem engg degree would be an issue if your job falls in TAL (search on the net for the professions)

The other issue could be name check. Barring these two, do other FTEs anticipate any issues?

really if you have maintained status and your employer follows h1b employee rules, then it should be ok Chem engg degree would be an issue if your job falls in TAL (search on the net for the professions)

The other issue could be name check. Barring these two, do other FTEs anticipate any issues?

WHAT DOES TAL MEAN?

Last Name different in I797 and Passport.

My Husband changed his last name while we married in Sanfrancisco Court. With the marriage certificate as a proof for his name change he got his SSN name changed to new name. He got his indian passport also fixed. Now the question is we are planning to go for H1 B stamping to Canada (We are Indian Citizens). Will this be an issue when we go for H1 stamping in vancouver. We both are FTE working for big companies in the silicon valley. He has a US degree as well. He had his first stamping in Vancouver. This would be his second, mine too.

Can you please tell me if he will have any issues since he has different last name in I797 and his passport.

And for me i did my engineering in Electrical and Electronics, but have been working in IT for the past 8 years right from graduation. (never had worked on my core engg). Will this be an issue?/

Please advice.

Last Name different in I797 and Passport.

My Husband changed his last name while we married in Sanfrancisco Court. With the marriage certificate as a proof for his name change he got his SSN name changed to new name. He got his indian passport also fixed. Now the question is we are planning to go for H1 B stamping to Canada (We are Indian Citizens). Will this be an issue when we go for H1 stamping in vancouver. We both are FTE working for big companies in the silicon valley. He has a US degree as well. He had his first stamping in Vancouver. This would be his second, mine too.

Can you please tell me if he will have any issues since he has different last name in I797 and his passport.

And for me i did my engineering in Electrical and Electronics, but have been working in IT for the past 8 years right from graduation. (never had worked on my core engg). Will this be an issue?/

Please advice.

if the last name was corrected everywhere, why is it different on 797?

He had his 3 year extension last year. So he got an i797 with his old last name. This year he changed in all the other documents except the I797. Technically he shud go for H1 amendment but his attorney is suggesting him that it is fine as long as he carries the legal papers stating his name change. But I am afraid that this would raise questions during his stamping.

I had the same name change. But since I transferred my visa, I got it fixed in new i797.

Archived