Stamping Issues for FTEs?

urzmunna

i am an FTE and got 221g in hyderabad 2 yrs ago. i had to provide info about the work i do and how is it related to what my employer does. i provided all the details in an email and got my visa in 3 weeks.

i am planning to go for my 2nd stamping and not able to decide to get it done in india or canada or mexico.

seeing people getting stuck in both canada and india and have also seen the cases where they get their visas

My first time stamping was as consultant at Nogales, I had a transfer later, which I got stamped in Delhi in 2009. It was very cool. 2 mins for interview. Dont know the current situation though.

I heard its better to get stamped either in Nogales or Tijuana and then go to India. My friend who is also an FTE had his interview yesterday in Toronto and completed it successfully.

what i feel is,

for FTE its better to go to Home Country.

for EC, EVC models there is more possibility of query in India, but for FTE i think its the same.

for FTE they cant ask for Employee/vendor/client relation. the only possibility for a query is if they had questions over financial status of the company our background. the possibility of queries for this scenario are same both in India and abroad.

2 of my friends had stamping done in Hyderabad this august who are FTE. they had no issue. hardly 2-3 questions. i think Luck matters a lot in H1b stamping for FTE.

for consultant even place of stamping also matters.

in this board I saw some FTE getting 221g both in india and also in canada/mexico.

ITS my personal opinion. please do ur own research.

what i feel is,

for FTE its better to go to Home Country.

for EC, EVC models there is more possibility of query in India, but for FTE i think its the same.

for FTE they cant ask for Employee/vendor/client relation. the only possibility for a query is if they had questions over financial status of the company our background. the possibility of queries for this scenario are same both in India and abroad.

2 of my friends had stamping done in Hyderabad this august who are FTE. they had no issue. hardly 2-3 questions. i think Luck matters a lot in H1b stamping for FTE.

for consultant even place of stamping also matters.

in this board I saw some FTE getting 221g both in india and also in canada/mexico.

ITS my personal opinion. please do ur own research.

I think you are right. Actually I am FTE and have already booked appointment at Vancouver. But my attorney came back to me and said that you should go back to your home country since it is your first time stamping F1 - H1B. So I am thinking of paying another 150 USD and go to Delhi.

Hi! I am also an FTE with a US Masters degree and got my previous visa stamped in Chennai in 2009 without any issues. Now its time for new stamping as i changed jobs (FTE again). I am planning to go to Delhi even though I am from HYD. Is anyone planning to attend visa interview in Delhi around December 15th. I still have to wait till the dates are opened for dec. Please share your plans and tips. Thanks

Hi! I am also an FTE with a US Masters degree and got my previous visa stamped in Chennai in 2009 without any issues. Now its time for new stamping as i changed jobs (FTE again). I am planning to go to Delhi even though I am from HYD. Is anyone planning to attend visa interview in Delhi around December 15th. I still have to wait till the dates are opened for dec. Please share your plans and tips. Thanks

i am attending in Hyd.

why are you choosing Delhi over hyd? just a curious question!.

from this forum, what i see is people who attended interview in delhi got queries and also people who attended in hyd.

the only diff is for hyd, u need to submit docs 3 days prior to delhi. not sure of delhi. for FTE's submitting docs 3 days prior to visa interview may be helpfull.

for consultants they may choose to do extra background check based on the answers given by consultants. but for FTE, the VO may not have anything to decide with answers. all he cares is company background, which they can check in the 3 days.

ITS JUST MY OPINION. Please dont go by my words. do ur own research.

To vicky112 :

Thanks for your insight vicky112. I have decided to go to Delhi after hearing some negative reviews, news and feedback from my friends. They were saying that HYD has got lack of resources, employees are pretty new with less experience, small quota for H1B issuance, too crowded etc. Also, do you think they will start looking into the docs prior to interview if you submit them 3 days in advance? I heard Kolkata is also tough these days in H1B cases. So, with whatever i heard and read in forums, I have decided to go to Delhi. I don't know what to do if I am struck with 221G...In the worst case, I am planning to work from India (if my Manager approves) till i have any update on 221g processing. I am still thinking of what to do with my home mortgage, furniture, car etc. Frankly speaking whether its Bombay, Chennai, Hyd or Delhi its just a random decision to issue visa. The factors that help will be US Education, good Employer profile, good employee profile throughout the stay in USA, having all required documents, working fulltime, previous visa approvals and not providing any false information. Good luck.

Note: This is just my own opinion and not intended to influence anyone's decision making ability.

chennai_221g,

Thanks for your reply.

what is your higher degree and in which branch? Is it your 7th year extension?

I am from chemical engg background, but shifted to software 8 yrs back. I need to go for 7th year extension, not sure whether my education qualifications will cause any issue.

Please share information.

Thanks in advance.

@srinius

They asked my petition, I-797, Payslip, w2 forms and bank statements. Even I had all the document on interview time. Still they gave 221-g. Currently chennai consulate having only my passport, they returned all my original documents which I submit on time.

Hi Chennai_221g

Do you think yuor case is of TAL Check. What type of Master do you have. Will really appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

@srinius

They asked my petition, I-797, Payslip, w2 forms and bank statements. Even I had all the document on interview time. Still they gave 221-g. Currently chennai consulate having only my passport, they returned all my original documents which I submit on time.

As they have kept your passport, chances are they will approve your VISA.

Few questions, appreciate if you can answer

Did they ask all year's W2 or previous year?

Did they ask for LCA?

What's your gut feel of why you got 221g?

Are you able to track the status?

To vicky112 :

Thanks for your insight vicky112. I have decided to go to Delhi after hearing some negative reviews, news and feedback from my friends. They were saying that HYD has got lack of resources, employees are pretty new with less experience, small quota for H1B issuance, too crowded etc. Also, do you think they will start looking into the docs prior to interview if you submit them 3 days in advance? I heard Kolkata is also tough these days in H1B cases. So, with whatever i heard and read in forums, I have decided to go to Delhi. I don't know what to do if I am struck with 221G...In the worst case, I am planning to work from India (if my Manager approves) till i have any update on 221g processing. I am still thinking of what to do with my home mortgage, furniture, car etc. Frankly speaking whether its Bombay, Chennai, Hyd or Delhi its just a random decision to issue visa. The factors that help will be US Education, good Employer profile, good employee profile throughout the stay in USA, having all required documents, working fulltime, previous visa approvals and not providing any false information. Good luck.

Note: This is just my own opinion and not intended to influence anyone's decision making ability.

all the best buddy.

keep us posted. i will do the same.

To vicky112 :

That is a good question. Do they review the documents before the interview? This requirement is a little bit strange for mumbai and hyd consulates; I speculate this is primarily driven by the large number of people who showed up in the past at these consualtes for the interview and did not have the documents. So, they ask you to submit 3 or 4 days prior.

For people who are renewing the visa and have been to US on h1b, the option is to choose whereever they want to go in India. Hyd is closest to me; but thank you for sharing your insights on the staff. I think you have covered all the factors well.

One should always check with the lawyer and have discussion with his\her manager and set right expectations before departing.

... I am a full time employee working in power systems - and was my 7th yr extension this time. This is the 3rd year I am working for the current company. I had a pleasant experience in Chennai 2 days ago. I was asked for my paystubs. I was asked if I was paid higher than the state minimum wage for my job. I was told I will receive the passport in a day. They do check for basic labor laws when it comes to full time employees! Other than that - smile up and go get your stamping done. Do not go around listening to folks from the IT industry - they run around creating this hyped up scare about stamping!

Also, I have had prior stamping experiences outside of India, particularly one in Nassau, The Bahamas. I did notice people there were asked to go to their home country if that was the first time they applied for a visa in the H1 category.

Cheers,

Sorry for late reply. I did MCA, having 11+ years of IT experiences. Still another two years left in my H1b Visa.

Could you please answer these:

Few questions, appreciate if you can answer

Did they ask all year's W2 or previous year?

Did they ask for LCA?

What's your gut feel of why you got 221g?

Archived