My priority date is Nov 1st 2007 EB2

Hi Guys,

With the latest bulletin, initially i was glad to know that my date has become current since my priority date is Nov 1st 2007 and according to the bulletin, the date it is showing is Nov 1st 2007. But i came to know that though it shows Nov 1st 2007, my date is not current according to my company since that particular day won't be considered as current , only the day before which is Oct 30 2007 becomes current.

I just want to find out and see if anybody has date same like me and if you hear the same thing from your company/lawyer. I just want to double check.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This is from the visa bulletin website, please read and unfortunately your company/lawyer is right.

A. STATUTORY NUMBERS

1. This bulletin summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers duringNovember. Consular officers are required to report to the Department of State documentarily qualified applicants for numerically limited visas; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security reports applicants for adjustment of status. Allocations were made, to the extent possible, in chronological order of reported priority dates, for demand received by October 5th. If not all demand could be satisfied, the category or foreign state in which demand was excessive was deemed oversubscribed. The cut-off date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who could not be reached within the numerical limits. Only applicants who have a priority dateearlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number. If it becomes necessary during the monthly allocation process to retrogress a cut-off date, supplemental requests for numbers will be honored only if the priority date falls within the new cut-off date announced in this bulletin.

Archived