October Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

GC_JRNY

My wife and I received the Green Cards today by mail. (EB2 / 07June2007 / NSC).

Previous Status Emails:

10/14 6:30PM: Card/ Document Production

10/14 9:30PM: Decision

My online status still shows 'Decision'. So, people on this boat, don't worry, good news is on the way.

The strange thing was we had changed our address 6 months back and updated it on USCIS website and also in the local Post Office. USCIS even sent us acknowledgement by mail of the address change to our new address. For some reason, I got my card to my new address and my wife's card was delivered to my old address. Fortunately, my own friends had moved in to my previous apartment and they contacted us to deliver the card.

So, if anyone had their address changed recently, please keep tabs on your old address too. It might even be worth a trip to the local post office again to re-confirm change of address.

Good luck to all.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

PD: Feb 14, 2007

Center: NSC

I-485 applied: July 19, 2011

RFE: Sep 28, 2011 (Name was not there on DOB certificate. I had to show another proof)

RFE Response: Oct 13, 2011

Card in production: Oct 18, 2011

I got an email yesterday that the card was in production. I am hoping that this means that i should get the GC shortly on mail.

Thanks to everyone on this forum.

KK.

Guys,

PD: 05/15/2007

As some of you suggested, I raised a Service Request with USCIS a couple of days back. The customer service agent was very generous with her time and asked me for the following:

1. I-485 receipt#

2. A#

3. I-485 filing date and receive date

4. Email and current mailing address

She then created the SR based on my "beyond normal processing time" pending I-485 application.

Just a minute back, I received the following email from USCIS:

" On October 19, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

I am almost certain this was due to my recent inquiry and SR. I think "current" applicant are better off opening a SR than not. - just my 2cents on the process.

Hi,

PD: April 15, 2007

Center: NSC

I-485 applied: Jul 25, 2007

RFE: NO

Card in production: Oct 18, 2011

I got an email yesterday that the card was in production. This case was approved with no SR's and nothing.

It's straight forward approval, i am with same employer from the begining.

Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Good luck for the guys waiting for Approvals.

Finally got my card in the mail today.

Case Details:

EB2 India

PD: 05/18/2007

NSC

Previous Status Emails/SMS:

Oct 13th: Decision & Card Production

Oct 17th: Decision

Good luck to all and thanks to all the experts on this forum!

Hi Andydufresne, Congrats!!!

Here are my questions.

1. Did you received any Tracking info from USCIS?

2. Did USPS delivered at your door step or mail box?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I received an email notification from USCIS saying my application was approved and was in the "post-decision activity".

I have seen some posts going on between the different statuses-decision, post-decision and card production. When can I assume my application has been fully approved & everything is done with.

Can someone please advise?

thank you

Satish

Hi,

I received an email notification from USCIS saying my application was approved and was in the "post-decision activity".

I have seen some posts going on between the different statuses-decision, post-decision and card production. When can I assume my application has been fully approved & everything is done with.

Can someone please advise?

thank you

Satish

yes Satish..just wait for the mail man to arrive......now no more worries...

I got the status emails yesterday

PD: Jul 6th' 07

10/21: 6:30PM : DECISION

10/21: 9:30PM : CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

Anybody with jul'07 PD got approvals yet ? Mine's Jul 6th. Good to see some approvals with late june PDs. I'm hoping we will get to jul in the next couple of weeks.

Finally received the golden emails yesterday. Now waiting for the green cards. Both my and wife's status changed simultaneously. Good luck to all those waiting and yes, definitely raise a SR. I did it at 10AM in the morning and received the "Decision" email at 8.30 at night.

Oct.21, 8.30PM: Decision

Oct.21, 11.30PM: Card production.

PD : 21 June 2007

Category : EB2

Center : NSC

Priority date 2April 07 under EB3 in NSC

Ported to EB2 two moths back -same Priority date obtained

Done interfiling too.

Satus : RFE review - for the last two years

Regarding SR, Looks like it is purely depends on luck.

I also raised SR couple of weeks back and went for "infopass" three weeks back, nothing happened.

Any other options except to keep raising SR's ? I do not wish to go to congressman/senator.

I am worried if we keep raising SR's they get irritated throw the applications into a black hole of no return

Thanks

Anthoni

Hello GCwaiter99, same with me - had opened SR 6 days ago - no info yet - still under initial review. When I did open the SR, they asked me to wait for 15 days before contacting again - have a tickle that I should contact now, but then, I wonder if I should rather wait... since I will get the same response that I should just wait for 15 days to be over.

category : EB2 (India)

PD : June 6, 2007

I-485/I-140 concurrently applied: 7/27/2007

I-140 Approved : 4/9/2008

Encourage everyone to file service requests saying "I-485 is outside the normal processing time since it was filed in July 2007".

There was no status update on my case after my PD became current in October. So, after seeing the resposes on this website, I called up my lawyer to ask them to file a service request. He said since my PD became current on October 1st, he can only file a service request 60 days later which is December 1st. So, instead of waiting for the lawyer, I filed a service request on my own with USCIS. The USCIS person was very helpful and opened the case under "outside of normal processing time". I am glad I did that because I am sure that is what triggerred my GC approval.

I had registered for case updates and the following are the emails that I got from USCIS. Note, the follow-up email to my service request was received just before the approvals for my GC. I would advise everybody to file service requests. Basically you need to bring your case to the notice of USCIS. I had tried to do the same by filing for my Advance Parole's too. I had read that sometimes they just send you the green card instead of the Advance Parole. But in my case it must have been the service request, since I applied for the Advance Parole about 2 weeks ago and based on the past 3 year experience USCIS doesn't get to the Advance Parole's till 2 months.

10/12/2011 - Service request raised

10/24/2011 ( 2.25pm ) - You raised service request ....... USCIS records show your case has been approved. ......

10/24/2011 ( 6.02pm) - Case status : Decision. We mailed you a notice .....

10/24/2011 ( 7:46pm) - Case Status : Card/Document production

Me and my wife's emails had the exact same time stamps.

for my service request i got the following reply. not sure what it means but sure does not sound good

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below."

Priority date 2April 07 under EB3 in NSC

Ported to EB2 two moths back -same Priority date obtained

Done interfiling too.

Satus : RFE review - for the last two years

Anyone got similar messages ???

Will do.. yes, still no news!! I am loath to call right now since they asked me to wait.. but lets see. Will keep all posted!

Hey just to keep everyone in the loop. Although I had given my email ID to USCIS to communicate with me anything on my status (and also signed up for text message updates), I got nothing sent to my email / phone. However, I just checked and my status went from Initial Review to 'Decision' at this point.. "On Oct 26, we mailed you a... " It also says that final decision will be made later?? "During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner..."

Wonder what that means... and how much time will actually lapse between now and getting the GC in hand.

Anyway, wanted to keep all of you updated.. (this happened 9 days after I raised a SR).

Best regards all and happy belated Diwali.

Guys,

Got my card in USPS priority mail today along with the approval notice mail delivered in the mailbox.

PD: Jun 20th' 07

10/20: 9:30PM : DECISION

10/20: 11:30PM : CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

10/24: 9:00PM : DECISION

I raised SR on 10/17.

This is great forum. Thank you all and good luck !

Guys,

Finally received my card today in USPS priority mail along with approval notice in a separate mail.

Category: EB2 India

PD: Jun 20, 2007

10/20 9:30PM - Decision

10/20 11:30PM - Card Production

10/24 9:00PM - Decision

Raised SR on 10/17.

This is great forum. Thanks you all and good luck!

Archived