October Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

GC_JRNY

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long should one continue to wait? It was comparatively easier to wait the last 5 years than last 2 weeks!

When is it prudent to contact USCIS to remind them of my case? Many people keep mentioning about SR or Infopass, would anybody care to explain what are these things?

PD : 21 June 2007

Category : EB2

Center : NSC

Congratulations to all !! When do you think people who applied for 485 in 2011 will start getting approvals? Some of the approved cases have PD later than that for my case. Do you think they reserve visa numbers for 2011 applied cases too?

Congrats!!! to all those got approved in October bulletin...

As there will be only 2800 per employment category per country, most of these visa numbers will go to all the applications applied in July/Aug '07 fiasco and are current in Oct, Nov bulletins... If there are any visa numbers left out then new 485's might see approvals...

I think (this is just my feeling and I don't know the exact demand data) most of the 485's applied after July/Aug '11 might see the approvals after the spill over starts or if there is a quarterly spill over then it might start before.... My spouse's application was filed in July 2011....

As usual we cannot predict USCIS way of working....

PD: Apr 17, 2007

Category: EB2 India

Center: TSC

I140 AND 485: Packed reached TSC on Oct 6th

How long does it take to get the;

1. Case Number

2. Biometrics appointment letter

3. GC itself

Please share your experiences. Good luck to everyone and keep posting the updates. Will be helpful for everyone.

I see a very slow movement for the OCT numbers if at all, my PD: 15th May 2007 and still no updates, however I have seen some members getting approved with earlier/later PDs.

How does this process work: does USCIS usually clear most of the applicants before the "current" month ends? Or in our case can the approval process spill into Nov and Dec months? I understand there are always exceptions based on the complexities of the case that might delay things.

Can someone shed some light on how USCIS actually picks up and processes the applications?

Is it based on 485 filing date or 485 received date/notice date?

My 485 Received date: Aug 15th 2007 and Notice Date: Oct 11th 2007

PD : 15 Jun 2007

Category : EB2

Center : TSC

I got an e-mail with change in my application status from 'Initial Review' to 'Decision' on 10/14.On October 14, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Hello All,

In the same boat as many on this forum I guess. No news from TSC (my receipt notice starts with SRC)

My priority date: April 23, 2007

Received by service center: Oct 6, 2007

All biometrics done in 2008.

Online status: Initial review

Is everything normal? Should we contact USCIS proactively on this? Do I have to wait till November or December?

Any shared experience will probably give some insight - although it does appear that the entire movement of approvals has been very random.

Best wishes to all

Hello all,

In the same boat as many on this forum I guess.

Service center- TSC

PD: April 23, 2007

All biometrics done

No RFE

2 changes in jobs since then

I guess all approvals are happening pretty randomly - but any shared experience may help. Should we contact USCIS proactively? Should we wait until October is over?

Best wishes to all..

Hello all,

In the same boat as many on this forum I guess.

Service center- TSC

PD: April 23, 2007

All biometrics done

No RFE

2 changes in jobs since then

I guess all approvals are happening pretty randomly - but any shared experience may help. Should we contact USCIS proactively? Should we wait until October is over?

Best wishes to all..

My PD was 05/17/2007 and I did contact USCIS after seeing some approvals with later PD (mine was NSC).

Immediately after creating the SR I got the emails about Decision and Card Production the very next day. Not really sure if the SR caused this or not though!

Hope that helps!

Archived