First time H1B Stamping in Canada (COS: F1 -> H1)?

222cool

Hi,

I'm planning to go to H1B stamping in Canada.

• Entered US: 2006 on F1 Visa
  • Degree: Masters
  • Completed Masters in: Aug 2008
  • F1 Expiry: Dec 2008
  • Model: EVC
  • Worked on OPT,OPT extension with the same employer. H1B is approved and started from Feb-2011.

Can I go to Canada for H1B stamping?

Did anyone go to Canada for stamping in similar situation (after the F1 visa expired)?

Hi Lucky-

I decided to go to Canada only yesterday. So, I didnot get a chance to find out all the information yet. Did you research any other websites/forums/people about this. If so, can you please post the links.

Also, is there any visa approval percentages (80%-90%,50%)that you know of at Canada.

If possible can you please share your contact number so that we can discuss more about this.

Hi Tushar-

OPT is now valid for 29 mnths for students belonging to STEM - Science Technology Engineering And Mathematics. This rule is effective from 2008. They issue 1 yr regular OPT in the beginning. After 12mnths, we can apply for extension that is valid for 17 mnths.

SPKID : i m also planning to go Canada next month.Which embassy are you going to??? Can we share our infomation??

222Cool: whats your email , we can talk offline

I stay in Baltimore , so the closer one is Toronto , tomorrow my friend has a interview in vanocover.

will decide based on how well his interview is gone.

for now i will be going to D.C Canadian Consulate to apply a Canada Visiting visa.

Did you apply Canadian visiting Visa?

how long does it take to get visitor visa if we go for in person in DC? Do they hold your passport or so? for long?

I dont know , my friend attended in Seattle , they hold his passport for 1 day , i read somewhere some attended in Buffalo,NY and they gave him his passport same day.

about , DC i will only able to update you on friday evening

Hi SPKID,

Can you share the information if your friend was issued Visa in Vancouver. Also, I assume from your e-mail that it is first H1-B stamping. Really appreciate your reply in this regard.

Thanks

Avasi

Yes he got his visa yesterday and its his first H1-B visa stamping

thanks

Archived