All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vijaisekar

221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

@221g_SEP9_2011- did u try calling the consulate and DOS? They should have some kind of update for u since u r already in 6th week after submitting the documents listed in 221g as the typical wait time to get some kind of response from the Chennai consulate once all the documents are submitted is 4-6 weeks. Try calling DOS and keep us updated and be optimistic

OK, I wanted to know if all have got a Reference number written on the 221g given? In my case there was no reference or tracking number written on the 221g green

Guys, please answer this question?

OK, I wanted to know if all have got a Reference number written on the 221g given? In my case there was no reference or tracking number written on the 221g green

Hi Vijay,

My 221g green slip had reference number written on it. Its somthing like 11 2XX XXX 01.

Finally i have a good news to share... The wait is over...

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 08/26/2011

221g : Green Slip (No passport)

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs (client letter, list of employees, employee-employer contract etc)

Docs Submitted Date : 09/02/2011

Model : EC

Email Receipt Date : 10/13/2011 (43 calendar daysss) (Asking to submit to passport)

Stamped Passport Received : 10/19/2011

-Srini

@221g_SEP9_2011- did u try calling the consulate and DOS? They should have some kind of update for u since u r already in 6th week after submitting the documents listed in 221g as the typical wait time to get some kind of response from the Chennai consulate once all the documents are submitted is 4-6 weeks. Try calling DOS and keep us updated and be optimistic

@vijaisekar

i tried calling to vfs center they said that my case is under administration process the consulate will direclty contect you via email or phone.

Let hope for the best :)

Vijai,

Yes my wife received a reference number on the 221g green form. Below is the format for the case number I guess.

11-XXX-XXX-XX

We have dropped all the required documents at hyd consulate on Oct 14th. I hope chennai consulate might already received. We will contact next week with our case number. Did you get a chance to submit your documents.

@Srini_221G@Aug26 - Congrats dude. You are the first to get the stamping successfully done in this post. Hopefully all of us will also get the visa stamping soon. Wish u the best buddy and have a safe flight back to US and hopefully we all will follow u soon :):):)

Vijai

Guys, Srini_221G@Aug26 got his visa stamped and it took him exactly 6 weeks after the documents were submitted. It is a great news for all of us in the same boat and gives hope that all will get the same result soon. Lets be optimistic

@devrad, i don't know why there was no reference number written on my 221g, anyway i am yet to submit the documents and will do it this week or early next week. I am just making sure i am submitting the right set of documents without any hurry. Will keep u guys updated once i am done.

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 09/08/2011

Docs Submitted :All petitioner (Employer related) docs

Docs Submitted Date : 10/11/2011

Waiting

Direct US employer in the manufacturing industry.No common muslim name.first time H1B.

Hope to get an update in 4-6 weeks.

Neo

Hi guys,

I attended visa interview on Oct 4th at Chennai consulate and got 221g requesting for all petitioner documents. I submitted the docs on Oct 18th at VFS Hyderabad. I was wondering how long does it take for my case number to show up on case status report of Chennai consulate.

I don't know if it matters a lot but what I observed from this list is that most of the case statuses are issued prior to day 266(sep 24th). Lets hope for the best and wish good luck for all of us.

My case:

Visa Interview Date : 08/30/2011

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs

Docs Submitted Date : 09/06/2011

Email Receipt Date : Waiting...

I tried calling the DOS number but I am getting only voice recorded menu options. I am not sure how to get to a live person? This is the 7th week and I am still waiting..

@h1sticky - After calling the 202 number i guess u should press 1 and 0 to talk to someone. Listen to the menu options carefully and press the number accordingly. Since u r already in 7th week u shd be receiving somekind of response soon. Hope for the best

@ssis - after 2-3 weeks start calling the consulate and DOS. Dont go by the case status number and all because normally it wont show up or is not updated on a regular basis. Good luck to u and lets all hope for the best and i am sure we all will get the visa stamping soon. Keep us updated

@h1sticky - Me too in the same boat... this is my 7th week of waiting.

admin. processing cases will be resolved within 60 business days

Technically speaking in your case you would have crossed only 20+ days. So dont fret. Let's be positive and hope for the best

@221G Green,

How is the admin processing different from others? I suppose the usual wait time is 4-6 weeks right? So why should it take 60 business days?

Hi All,

A news to share.

My case details are as below.

My case details:

Visa Interview Date : 09/09/2011

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs (client letter, employee-employer contract etc)

Docs Submitted Date : 09/14/2011

Employee verification : 09/30/2011

Model : Full time, Masters in US

Got courier from VFS today to submit my passport for stamping : 38 days (Wait time)

I submitted my passport immediately and hope to get the stamping on my passport soon. Also I sincerely hope everyone here gets a positive result soon.

Thanks

Hi all

this is my 8 th week still no responce

i spoke to my Lawyer to check status with DOS, when i called DOS simply they are telling under review.

will see if any update from DOS

Hi All,

A news to share.

My case details are as below.

My case details:

Visa Interview Date : 09/09/2011

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs (client letter, employee-employer contract etc)

Docs Submitted Date : 09/14/2011

Employee verification : 09/30/2011

Model : Full time, Masters in US

Got courier from VFS today to submit my passport for stamping : 38 days (Wait time)

I submitted my passport immediately and hope to get the stamping on my passport soon. Also I sincerely hope everyone here gets a positive result soon.

Thanks

Hi chn_221g_green

I have a question for you. If you are a direct full time employee then how can they ask you for client letter. Does client letter have any meaning in case of direct full time employees.

Please let me know, are you working in a direct model or EC model.

Thanks,

My case details:

Interview date: May 15, 2011

Docs submitted: May 26

Second request for additional docs: June 5

Submitted: June 29

Rejected: OCtober 15, 2011 - even though rejection letter was dated July 29, 2011

They have made a decision in July and not informed the applicant of the decision until after 3 months. Cheap tricks by the Consulate..

My personal opinion is only 10% of EVC model are getting approved after 221g. Even then, they are making an early decision and not letting the applicant know.

Good luck to the rest of you..