221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Friends

Thanks for all the posts. My knowledge of the current visa stamping process in India is very outdated. Please can someone describe to me the below items:

1) What is EVC model?

2) What is 221 G Green with passport?

3) What is 221 G Green without passport?

4) What are the other possible cases of 221Gs?

Is the visa stamping process not the same old anymore? Are we really expected to carry so many documents?

I haven't been to usa consulate after 2008 and it appears that the whole process of visa stamping has undergone numerous changes.

Thank you

This posting is just to track 221g's after visa interview....please post your doubts/questions in other appropriate forum

finally, I have received my passport with stamp. This forum in particular has been a real moral booster for me. thanks to @vijaisekar for starting this thread. I wish all the best for all the people who are waiting for the visa.

Visa Interview: Dec16th, 2011 (issued 221g green and returned passport)

Docs requested: documents submitted to USCIS + Employement offer letter + letter from petitioner to USCIS

Docs submitted: Dec 19th, 2011

Employment type: EVC, MS from US.

passport submitted: Feb 24th

passport received: March 3rd

Hi All,

I have been to Stamping(H1) in chennai visa center on 1st march 2012 with my husband(H4)..

They hv asked few questions like.. where u r going? who is ur empl? salary? where u wil stay? which proj u r working for? etc.. interview went well.. they asked few questions like where is ur spouse born? in lws detail? birthday of spouse etc for my husband..

later he gave green form asking to submit ticked doc via courier.. doc asked were wage reports of employer, itenrery of service, job notice, project manual.. etc.. i had all doc there in hand..

i hv submitted them with my passport..

in hurry i didnt make a note of batch id which was on green form.. i hope it is 221g.. i didnt even see what is that form is...

How do i track the status of visa now?

my passport status says- passport is with US embassy in process..

some 1 help me if u knw any details..

Thanks,

Shwetha

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and let me share my experience

Visa Interview Date: Feb 16th (Received a 221g Green asking for some additional docs)

Doc Submitted: Feb 22nd

Wait time: 2 weeks still waiting

I have called DOS and they said it is under admin process, not sure how long will it take.

Thanks

@vijaisekar: what would you suggest me to do other than waiting?

should i resubmit all the documents even if i wasnt asked for any docs?

its been 4.5 months wait...

Same here been waiting for 4+ months now. if docs wasn't asked then don't submit. At this point there's nothing much we can do rather than wait. hope all will be good and that we will get our visa stamping soon

I went for Visa stamping at Chennai today morning. The officer asked me about my employer, client and client letter (I had a client letter and she checked the client letter). She returned my I797 form and took the passport and visa application forms with her. She told me that she needs to verify my Visa application and the passports will be couriered after 10 days. I was neither given any 221g forms nor asked to submit any additional documents. I am little nervous about my visa stamping. I am not sure if someone else is in the same situation. Should I consider my case as approved?

I went for Visa stamping at Chennai today morning. The officer asked me about my employer, client and client letter (I had a client letter and she checked the client letter). She returned my I797 form and took the passport and visa application forms with her. She told me that she needs to verify my Visa application and the passports will be couriered after 10 days. I was neither given any 221g forms nor asked to submit any additional documents. I am little nervous about my visa stamping. I am not sure if someone else is in the same situation. Should I consider my case as approved?

If she said that she needs to verify your application then chances are that your case maybe put under AP. All you can do is hope for the best. keep us updated

i got mail frm chennai center.. saying ur visa status is in 'send information'.... n u need to submit documents.. but i hv submitted all doc..listed below

- Passport

- I129

-LCA

- Offer letter

- Notice of job opening

- Employee list in the company

- Itinerary of service

- Employee agreement

- Letter to US consulate Chennai, to issue visa

- Project manual

- Tax returns 2008, 2009, 2010 as 2011 tax is not files yet.

i hv replied them tat above mentioned doc r submitted.. wt else u need? n i hv requested them to give case number..

i tried calling again us consulate.. they told ur visa is still under process.. n is wit US consulate.. i told them abut email.. they said to mail back so that they wl forward it to us consulate..

I hv replied them today.. hope wil get reply asap..

My employer attorney got the email below when asked for the status. Any idea what could this represent?

"As per the US Consulate, your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review.  Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. "

My employer attorney got the email below when asked for the status. Any idea what could this represent?

"As per the US Consulate, your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review. Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. "

It means that your case is under AP. this is a normal reply from consulate when a case is under 221g. All we can do is just wait until this gets resolved and hope for the best

Hello,

Got a Call from VFS Helpdesk Chennai, To pick up a sealed Envelope after waiting for 4 months on 221g Green!!!

What do you guys think might be in there ??? Any Idea , Please Help !!

h1bReject Notice , PassPort Submission or More documents to Submit !!

Please Help.

Regards,

Priya

Archived