221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

Some +ve news to share from my side.I was away on a vacation over the weekend, so could not post my updates earlier. I got my visa stamped today .

Details :

Employment Model : EC (First time H1B)

Interview Date : 11th Jan 2012 (Issued 221g with request for employer related documentation)

Docs submission : 17th Jan

Another 221g to submit passport : 9th Feb (23 calender days)

Submitted Passport : 10th Feb

This forum has been a moral support for me during the 221g processing. I sincerely hope that all folks waiting do get their visa stamped soon. All the best.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mystery: if you are referring to the PDF on the chennai consulate site for tracking, that is not for 221g Green Form. Those are for administrative processing (I suppose Pink Form). I have a green 221g aswell and my case number is not on that PDF.

That being said, the tracking is by emails or calls to VFS. If you have submitted your passport then you have the Passport tracker on the consulate page.

@vijai: any update?? I have none.. 15 weeks and waiting :-(

@221G@Jan11 - congrats and all the best. that was a very quick turnaround for u..3 weeks wow, anyway good luck.

God when will my turn come. Please show some mercy lord, its been so long but still i have faith in you

@cool_arian - no updates buddy. 16+ week for me :( but pls still be hopeful, we will get our stamping soon

some news to share

My story:

Chennai

Interveiw date: sep 2nd 2011 Green form for employer related docs.

Docs submitted: sep 20th 2011.

Docs returned : 16th feb 2012 (after )19 weeks with a blue form

I got all my documents back with a blue form requesting for

"A letter from the client company sponsering the project and a copy of the contract between the us-based petitioner and the client company, stating the timing, terms and agreement for your project"

My last client letter ends on march 31st 2012 this might be the reason for a new one.

good luck to all.

@221G@Jan11: congrats.. that was super fast I should say and very happy for you.. have a safe flight back!

@visa torturemay2011: its nice to see you got a response and it should be quick after you submit the document.. all the very best.. keep us updated.

@vijai: I have not lost hope and am sure we will head back very soon.. but the wait kind of kills! :-(

Hello All,Below is my case with 221g Blue from chennai on 2nd attempt.First one sent back to uscis for revirew.Later transferred my petetion to prime vendor (E-C)to work for the same client.

My interview at chennai-17 Feb 2012(E-C model)

VO:Hi

ME:Hello Good Morning

VO:Pass on the folder

ME:Passed

VO:Is this your first H1B

ME:I was already working in H1B before.

VO:Who is your petetioner

ME:XXX Company

VO:Where is it located

ME:City name,State

VO:Do you work at client location

ME:Yes,at xyz company

VO:Where did you do your masters

VO:Told

VO:Where is it located

ME:xyz(Same City as my employer)

VO:How much your company pay

ME:Told

VO:What do you do for the client

ME:mentioned

VO:Do you have end client letter

ME:yes,Passed the same

VO:went through the letter and asked me when did you start this company

ME:Its an new employment,joined recently,will stasrt working on ce in US

VO:Took green slip first and was seeing what documents he can ask me ,Sir we will need to do some additional administrative processing on your case,it will take 2-3 weeks.

ME:Will you be needing any documents at this moment.

VO:Looked into the green slip and asked me if I have contract

ME:Since its a confidential document I was not provided at this moment

VO:He asked me to be seated for few min,then came back and gave me 221G Blue with case number and said admin processing(2-3 weeks).He asked me to contact them if no response in 2-3 weeks

Btw during this time he returned back my I-797,LCA,I-129 ,just kept the client letter

Can someone assist me if I will be able to get the visa.Also If I am rejected twice can I apply for visa again with another new petetion from another prime vendor to the same client?

Here's an update on my case:

I got an email from VFS stating the following

Your passport with ref no XXXXXXXXXXXX is ready for delivery by courier except H.A.L.You may also collect it Today from the VFS Chennai centre between 4 p.m. - 5 p.m. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email

Interview Date: 12/02/2011

221g Green slip with passport: Petitioner related documents

Docs submitted: 12/23/2011

Email receipt about passport delivery: 02/21/2012

Calendar days: 60

Hoping this is good news! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Bad news from my side.. last week got an email from consulate that my case has been sent to KCC and I would need to contact the approving USCIS office. The reason for refusal of visa under 221g was not stated.

I sent a mail this week asking for the reason behind refusal and I get a reply saying that my case is still under mandatory administrative processing. I am not sure which of the two mails I should believe.

Hi All,

I went for H1B (extension) stamping along with my wife (Fresh H4). I am working for my company and not for any clients. I received 221(g) green with case number.

Below is my interview details.

Interview Date : 04 Oct 2011.

Docs requested : Tax documents company and self. Notarised list of employees, project details etc.

Docs Submitted with passport on 06 Oct 2011.

17th October 2011 - Received Passport with same green slip saying "Returning Passports no actions required", returned both mine and my wifes passport.

I am wondering whats happening in the consulate for a long time. I am worried with Obama's word not to hire CHINDIAN's into USA.

Its been four months and no updates yet. This wait sucks as i have to pay for my car loan and insurance.

I am worried if it would take a long time with the case not moving any furthur.

Hi All,

I went for H1B (extension) stamping along with my wife (Fresh H4). I am working for my company and not for any clients. I received 221(g) green with case number.

Below is my interview details.

Interview Date : 04 Oct 2011.

Docs requested : Tax documents company and self. Notarised list of employees, project details etc.

Docs Submitted with passport on 06 Oct 2011.

17th October 2011 - Received Passport with same green slip saying "Returning Passports no actions required", returned both mine and my wifes passport.

I am wondering whats happening in the consulate for a long time. I am worried with Obama's word not to hire CHINDIAN's into USA.

Its been four months and no updates yet. This wait sucks as i have to pay for my car loan and insurance.

I am worried if it would take a long time with the case not moving any furthur.

I am also waiting since more than 4 months(18 weeks). i know the pain but there's nothing much we can do. just be patient and hope for the best. keep us updated and thx for posting your case details atleast now

hello all,

I had my interview on feb 14th(EC model) I had been in us for the past 9years.

got a green slip, submited documents and passport feb 16th.

Feb 23rd -- received passport with a blue slip no documents required. but it says your case needs adminprocessing.

I dont see my case number in the pdf. how can i track my status.

thanks

hello all,

I had my interview on feb 14th(EC model) I had been in us for the past 9years.

got a green slip, submited documents and passport feb 16th.

Feb 23rd -- received passport with a blue slip no documents required. but it says your case needs adminprocessing.

I dont see my case number in the pdf. how can i track my status.

thanks

i guess it will take some time to show up on the site

Yes, i believe you made it finally. yours ppt will be stamped. All the best. I dont think you have posted ur visa interview exp along with the time frame. can you post that as well atleast now

Visa Interview: Dec16th, 2011 (issued 221g green and returned passport)

Docs requested: documents submitted to USCIS + Employement offer letter + letter from petitioner to USCIS

Docs submitted: Dec 19th, 2011

Employment type: EVC, MS from US.

passport submitted: Feb 24th

Hello Friends

Thanks for all the posts. My knowledge of the current visa stamping process in India is very outdated. Please can someone describe to me the below items:

1) What is EVC model?

2) What is 221 G Green with passport?

3) What is 221 G Green without passport?

4) What are the other possible cases of 221Gs?

Is the visa stamping process not the same old anymore? Are we really expected to carry so many documents?

I haven't been to usa consulate after 2008 and it appears that the whole process of visa stamping has undergone numerous changes.

Thank you

Archived