221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

Its been more than 2 months now and I have no update.

VI Date: 19th Oct 2011

Received 221g green with No Documents asked for submission, No Passport

Hence, I did not submit any documents to the consolate.

Now its been 10 weeks, they havent asked for anything and there is no movement at all. No status update.

What can be done? Can we mail anyone for case status?

Atleast if they would have requested documents and I had submitted, there would be some action leading to peace of mind. Now, I feel like they have forgotten the case itself...

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Today I got call from VFS that, they sent the letter 10 days back with my landline number. It was out of order and courier is returned back to Chennai. Today they resending again with my mobile number. Have to call them at 5 PM to get tracking number and hope it will reach bluedart office tomorrow. If not have to wait till monday/tuesday. Hoping for positive news. Here are my details.

Here are my 221g green details.

model: EC

Visa interview date: 3-Oct-2011

Consulate: Chennai

221g - Green

Docs req: client letter , technical project description, lease agreement for job location , employer financial stmts etc.

Doc submitted date: 13-Oct-2011

Will update after seeing the reply. All the best for everyone. Lets hope for the best !!

I got the following response from VFS yesterday. I am working on EVC model.

As per the US Consulate, your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at Chennai Consulate office

My employer's attorney told the chances for reaffirmation are very low. As some of other posted it will take at least 6 months to get either refusal or reaffirmation.

Guys I have question, if my current employer has an in house project and if he applies for a new petition with FT position. What are the chances of getting Visa as my previous petition has been rejected with same employer working on EVC model ?

I received the mail. They returned all papers I submitted and a green 221g asking payslips for current employer, ds160, visa docs, passport. Going to submit them tomorrow. Any idea how long will the reply take ? I am concerned as they asked for payslips ANC it may longer to process ..

I received the mail. They returned all papers I submitted and a green 221g asking payslips for current employer, ds160, visa docs, passport. Going to submit them tomorrow. Any idea how long will the reply take ? I am concerned as they asked for payslips with passport and so it may longer to process ..

Also - my petition I'd approved in march, I joined my current employerr in may. Can I submit the payslips of previous employer as well though they didn't ask ? Any help is much appreciated.

Hi,

Me and my wife went for H1B stamping on 23/11/2011. I got my visa (Full time employee- Extension) without any hassle, but my wife(EVC- F1 to H1B) got 221g-Green requesting additional documents. We submitted all the required documents on the same day and waiting to hear from US consulate thereafter. We contacted both vfs Chennai and DOS, but dint help much. After going through this post looks like the only option is to wait. Please let me know if otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

I got call from VFS that my courier came back so come and receive it and after taking back the courier came to know that they provided new 221g green against my previous 221g and the same documents they need this time

Friends,

Good news from my side.... third time i submitted all pritition related docs on 22nd Nov 2011. and today got courior back asking to submit my Passport on my 221g Green Form.

Need to wait untill get it stamped.

Finally got some relif.

@221g_SEP9_2011: Congrats! Very happy for you.. keep us updated..

@Vijay: As you said.. its been a long depressing wait.. but hope 2012 brings good news to all of us soon.

@All: Happy new year to all of you.. Hope all prayers are heard and the misery of waiting in the dark ends soon positively this year..

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 12/09/2011

221g : Blue Slip

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs , Paystubs & Bank statements for 2011 & Passport.

Docs Submitted Date : 12/23/2011

Email Receipt Date : Waiting...

Can any one please tell me the difference between green & blue slips.

I was also asked to submit my passport along with the documents. Is it a good sign?

Thank You.

Ranjith

I too received 221g green which asked for passport...it was checked in the back. I submitted my 221g with all the docs to VFS bangalore on 27th december. I still havent received any response yet.

I have few questions:-

1> For people who submitted 221g with their passport, is there a way to track it online?

2> Does submitting passport mean faster processing times for 221g?

Hi guys

my interview is not even 3minutes, here it follows

which company ur going to work:: told

who is your client: told

have u ever been to US: told

can i c your LCA:; showed

about your project: told

finally took 221g and marked all the petitioner docs and told your application will go through ADMIN PROCESSING

interview date: 20th december

documents submitted: 3rd jan

221g GREEN : documents asked: all the petitioner docs along with passport

I too received 221g green which asked for passport...it was checked in the back. I submitted my 221g with all the docs to VFS bangalore on 27th december. I still havent received any response yet.

I have few questions:-

1> For people who submitted 221g with their passport, is there a way to track it online?

2> Does submitting passport mean faster processing times for 221g?

Hi even am asked to submit passport along with the docs as mentioned in 221g , plz let us know if you get any reply, can i have your email id, where we can discuss the case

Hi even am asked to submit passport along with the docs as mentioned in 221g , plz let us know if you get any reply, can i have your email id, where we can discuss the case

Hey vishal, I havent received any response yet. Contacted VFS helpline...but they give a generic answer that your passport is with the consulate. I called again today and guy on the phone told me to email VFS. But I am expecting a generic answer again as other people have received.

At this point, there is nothing we can do. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best. The duration might be 3-6 weeks from what I have been reading here. Mine has been close to 2 weeks now. Hoping atleast I get some response by mid-jan. Will update you if I receive any response. My email id is deepu3@gmail.com if you want to contact me.

guys any more updates here?....all the recent updates by people here havent been good. Crossing my fingers. From next time onwards I am planning to go to canada or mexico where its much quicker. Even people with 221g are getting stamping within a week in canada/mexico. Dont want to get stuck in india again for months again.

Archived