221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

Dear All,

Sorry to post my experience again, just in the hope of getting some response based on anyone experience.

Its been more than 2 weeks I submitted my passport after getting a blue slip to submit ppt. Anyone has idea what might be going on...

My H1b experience - Got 221g Green slip issued asking for employers related docs:

Interview Date(Chennai): 14th Oct11 with my Wife and Kid.

Doc Submission Date at VFS Blr: 24th Oct11.

Courier Received from Consulate: 16th Nov11. Received back all the documents I submitted earlier and there was a PINK slip with the option to Submit Passport checked.

Passport Submittion date: 26th Nov11. I submitted the passports along with DS160, Original Pettition, I129 & LCA.

Still waiting to receive back the passport.. Its more than 2 weeks now and the pp tracker status still says - Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

Friends, I am really worried for the delay in getting back the passport..i see in many posts that folks have got Blue slip asking to submit passport but I got a Pink slip asking to submit passport, any diff. u can make out from this ? What are the chances of stamping?

<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_106421" style="margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; float: right; font-size: 11px; ">

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

After going through this forum felt like sharing my experience..

I have been waiting for more than 3 months now since I submitted documents..

• mine is blue 221g.. (but I don't think blue or green matters as both the contents are same..)
  • EC model..

Same response I get from the consulate every time that its under review or administrative processing.. there is no use of mailing or calling..

its really frustrating..

Wanna know, is there any maximum worst case limit for this processing? Am expecting some kind of result from the consulate either positive or negative but am not even getting that.. What if they keep cases pending for years ??

there are options like

• inquiring through attorney (no guarantee of result),
  • withdrawing the petition n file new one..

but I have heard that withdrawing the case creates bad impression for next time with new petition and chances are more of getting 221g again.. is it true?

I found this below link where some body has given some analysis.. I see some % of people waiting for more than 6, 8 months.

http://**********************/

Really don understand this administrative processing..

if possible pls post ur opinion about my concerns..

Vijaisekar, your posts are boosting hope.. thanks.. but I have started making up my mind n to be prepared for the any thing..

thanks

Pammu

@pravani, vijay and all: Looks like 4-6 weeks turn around also doesn't seem to be the case off-late with all 221g cases.. Noone has had any positive responses over the past 2-3 weeks and its all just hanging in there.. Very stressful and frustrating..

Update: I tried contacting VFS today again but asusual the response is something that we pretty much already know. I am puzzled if there is any way they would be able to give a more real time update as to what actually is happening with the papars at consulate than merely saying its under process which we already know... Anybody any word on this.. kindly post here as that could be of great help for many waiting with tons of stress.

Hi friends

some bad news to share with you guys

today i got email from consulate:

As per the US Consulate, your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at their office.

i am in totally out if mind..any one please let me know what is my next step...my case was rejected or need to wait some more time...

Dear All,

Finally we got our stamped passports today. My story in brief( H1B 221g Green Chennai, Small Employer inhouse project)

Interview Date(Chennai): 14th Oct11 with my Wife and Kid.

Doc Submission Date at VFS Blr: 24th Oct11.

Courier Received from Consulate: 16th Nov11. Received back all the documents I submitted earlier and there was a PINK slip with the option to Submit Passport checked.

Passport Submittion date: 26th Nov11. I submitted the passports along with DS160, Original Pettition, I129 & LCA at VFS Blr

Received stamped Passport on: 16th Dec.

Hi all

devrad: i also got the same mail like you please let me know what is the next step ur going to do..

i just informed to my lawyer about this.

if any one have idea about this, what does it mean....?

As per the US Consulate, your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at their office.

@Pranavi,

I called VFS after getting a similar message like you but what they said its still under admin processing and you still have chances of getting visa....chn consulate sents the petition to kcc and then to uscis for review..they may reaffirm or revoke after getting proper docs from our employers...but it usually takes 9- 12 months...

@harinir - Still 4-6 weeks turn around time is the case with many successfull cases just that for few cases, this doesnt seem to apply. Theres nothing in our hands and all we can do is just wait and hope for the best and i know its terrible and really frustrating. The recent updates from the guys in here is disappointing as well and many of them seem to be denied over the last two weeks. Hope all will be good for all in waiting, GOD, PLEASE HELP US

@pranavi - Sorry to hear that buddy and all i can say is its really unfortunate. Well yes your case has been denied and sent back to KCC/USCIS and you dont need to wait for anything more. You can now apply for a new H1 and try your luck again. Again i am really sorry and i know how it feels to be denied but having said that don't give up and apply again with a new H1 and i m sure it will be all good.

Folks,

Really sorry to hear about the denials. Hang in there please.

I got my stamped passport yesterday. Briefly, got a 221g green from Chennai consulate early September - they wanted proof that my previous petition, earlier denied on EVC, was revoked.

Submitted the following at Hyd VFS center on 12/2/2011:

Revocation letter from USCIS, all H1b related docs, and passport.

Hope the wait ends for everyone - it has been an excruciating wait for me the past 6 months (personal reasons).

Good luck all!

@cool_naveen: This is very much relevant to the topic. I got a 221 G green and it followed a petition for amendment. So that is the reason, I asked this question.

"How long does USCIS take for premium processing when filed for amendment? I read that it is 15 calendar days but it is more than that now. What is the best way one can do now? "

@pranavi: sorry to hear on the reply from consulate. it is unfortunate and disappointing. Though processing at KCC takes time I saw some cases being re-affirmed by USCIS. Check with your employer's attorney and proceed as directed. All prayers will come true. All the best.

@221gGR_CNH: congrats and all the best

@vijay: I agree.. most cases have been successfully getting responses within 4-6 weeks. I suppose its the holiday season which slows down regular processing.. anyhow hope all of us hear back positively, soon from consulate.

Hi pranavi2008,

Sorry again n as everyone say its unfortunate, wanted to know that if the consulate has mentioned the reason for sending it to kCC in the email.. ?? also how can u check with USCIS? either ur attorney or employer can do tat..

why an amended petition is required? is ur work location changed as to wt mentioned in LCA?

if its sent to KCC for the reason of change of location still i doubt if amended petition can help..

if not then better to go for fresh petition .. if possible premium one.. not sure if withdrawal is required here or not for cases sent to KCC..

but this case sending back to KCC is not same as sending it to USCIS is wt i thot.. may be tats y u did not receive ur docs.. pls go through this

http://www.********************

once kcc approves it can reaffirm to USCIS.. kcc does more detail checks on petitioner is wt i read.. also read that it wont take much time 15 - 20 days max either for affirmation or revocation..

readers correct me if am wrong..

bottom line is we have to wait which will make us sick..

Hi All,

Sorry for delay reply.

Visa Interview date: Nov 23rd 2011

Direct employee (Pharmaceutical company)

Issued 221g pink slip

documents request: only resume and passport was taken by VO

Same routine questions and at very end the VO told that i have to undergo madatory Admin processing.

My company has requested congressional request to speed up the process and received mail today that passport has been issued and had been couriered.

Good luck to all

Hi ngodugu,

My company has requested senator office from my state of residence and i had to fill the privacy disclosure.

Senator's office mailed the Chennai consulate and it was forwarded to Delhi consulate (because all congressional request are made at delhi). I got mail from senators office that my visa was issued on last friday, it got updated on monday on consulate website and yesterday i got mail from VFS.

Hope this helps and good luck

Archived