221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vijai,

This is Madhavi.

Interview Date: Nov 21 2011

Response: No slips and took Documents and Passport(VO said they need to verify)

Passport returned with 221(g )on Jan 31 2012

Help me in understanding what are the documents that I need to send. Do I need to send only the tick marks or all the documents listed in the slip that I got. They dint tick anything for me. I am confused. Please help me in understanding.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

madhu0219

am glad you updated your case details at least now...i am surprised they sent u 221g without anything checked after 2 months. have they written anything? normally u shd send only whatever that is checked

@Madhu: from what you have mentioned I infer they have returned your passport alone on Jan 31st along with a 221g. In that case they have retained the documents collected after your interview. Is that true? Just to be doubly sure just send an email or call VFS for confirmation that no further documentation is needed from your side since none has been checked on the 221g.

@vijai: totally agree.. its such a painful wait and never seems to end.. hope its answered positively soon.

Hi all,

I had my interview at chennai consulate on 28/11/2011. they took my passport & documents and did not any issue any 221g.Yesterday, i recieved my passport with out stamping and got 221 g green form in which they ticked" your petition is being sent to uscis for further review". I am not undersatnd what to do now.

My employer says its better to file for a new petition, dont know if this works ?

can I attend for F1 visa if I have a valid i-20 for doing MBA ?

@H1b_Stamping_Pending - Sorry to hear that. Yes you can file for a new petition but then try to go with a different employer since your case has been denied with present employer. Yes, you can go for f1 visa, but its going to be difficult to convince the VO about this as to why F1 after H1 got denied...good luck anyway

All, I'm one of victim of the admin processing; wanted to post something postive to the thread and hence held up so far.

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 11/10/2011

221g : Green Slip - Doc submitted for h1 ext, Client contract and employer-employee agreement.

Model: EVC

Docs Submitted Date : 11/14/2011

Even after multiple follow-up with DOS and VFS, no update was recieved on my case.

After almost three months of agonizing wait, recently tried the option of going for H4 stamping, and suprisingly it was approved with no questions asked on my pending H1 by VO. Only general H4 question regarding spouse was being asked.

I'm not sure on the exact status of my H1, but I guess it would be on PENDING state.

I intend to travel into US with H4 now and my employer would do an amendment. Hope it helps if anybody having the H4 option.

All, I'm one of victim of the admin processing; wanted to post something postive to the thread and hence held up so far.

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 11/10/2011

221g : Green Slip - Doc submitted for h1 ext, Client contract and employer-employee agreement.

Model: EVC

Docs Submitted Date : 11/14/2011

Even after multiple follow-up with DOS and VFS, no update was recieved on my case.

After almost three months of agonizing wait, recently tried the option of going for H4 stamping, and suprisingly it was approved with no questions asked on my pending H1 by VO. Only general H4 question regarding spouse was being asked.

I'm not sure on the exact status of my H1, but I guess it would be on PENDING state.

I intend to travel into US with H4 now and my employer would do an amendment. Hope it helps if anybody having the H4 option.

Hi VVK,

did you withdraw your pending H1 application? or is it still under processing?

@lilgem : Is your Employment type an EC model and is it a first time H1B ?

Actually my case is a EC model plus first time H1B . Perhaps my case processing time would be longer.

Yes, my case is EC model and it is my first H1b stamping (F1 to H1) . Is it known to take longer if it is first time stamping?

I am sorry if I am in wrong thread ..but I am a victim of 221g at chennai in october....

Since my case has been sent back to USCIS with employer1...I am applying for new petition with employer2 .....I am thinking abt the worst case over here...what happens if my second attempt gets rejected and got reaffirmation for case1....please respond as my employer1 is very confident that he will fight and try to reaffirm the case once he gets some information from USCIS which might be after 6 months or so...

@vijay: I haven't seen any updates offlate.. as of my case.. 14+ weeks and still waiting with hopes.. not really sure whats taking so long..

have tried enquiring with VFS but only response is "will forward to consulate and get back" or "have forwarded and waiting to hear will get back".. I really pray and wish our wait can end soon on a happy note in favor for us.. GOD please do!

@lilgem: I have had my attorney contact them through the month of Dec and till date he has not got a single response to his emails.. almost 8 mails he has sent and none got a reply.

Hope all of us waiting and going through the pain can get a positive response and head back to our cities in US..

Archived