Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

State Tax on my Paycheck

Recommended Posts


Iam on H1B VISA and Iam a consultant. I have an question on my Paycheck.

I pay state tax for the state 'A' where Iam resisding/stay.

And my work place is in the State 'B'. I do travel to work in State 'B' from State 'A' daily.

So do I need to pay State tax for the sate 'B' as I work over there. Or paying Tax for state 'A' is fine as I reside/stay in the state 'A'.

PS: Iam planning to go for my H1B VISA Extension Stamping in the Next month to Mexico.



Share this post

Link to post

This depends on the laws in the states involved. You should discuss this with a good CPA.

Share this post

Link to post

I agree with what JoeF said. It depends on the state. For instance, if you live in NJ and work in NY, you end up paying tax for both the states based on some agreement between the states. Talk to a CPA.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this