Adm. Processing - how best to avoid?

ramelya85

@ramelya85

Admin processing is not given randomly. There can be different reasons for an application to undergo admin processing, but of late the main reason is the employer. If your employer is under the Consulate/KCC radar then there is a high possiblity of admin processing or some kind of 221g. Ofcourse, Admin processing is also given for a variety of other reasons like name check, TAL, education etc, but the % is very very low.

The traffic or the size of the embassy doesn't matter at all at this time. There are several posts in this forum where people have got admin processing in places like Ireland, Calgary where the volume of visa applications is very low when compared to the Indian embassies. I myself have been to Calgary twice for my stamping earlier and there were hardly only 20 or 30 people who come to that consulate for their visa processing.

Bottom line - If your petitioner is a good company and doesn't have any history of fraud or malpractices then you should be fine.

I think having all the documents is the key also.

In addition to the general docs, pls pay careful attention to the following:

- org chart of your team (get it notarized)

-annual report or company financial statements

-letter of offer from the employer

-employer's filing with the unemployment office in the state (not sure where to get this; but will repost after some research).

-resume

-clear description of your role

I do not know the issues in case of layered employments.

@tusharvk: I went for Visa Interview on June 10th in Chennai. The VO asked me for few documents like my petition papers, pay slip which I didn't take with me. She then asked me whether I work at a client location and I said no - since I am a direct employee. She then aksed me whether I work for a product company. I told her that I work for a brand marketing company and described her my roles and responsibilities. She then told me that since I don't have all the documents with me she cannot issue me a visa. She then issued me a blue 221G slip and marked few documents that needs to be submitted. The documents that was suppose to be submitted was my petition papers, pay slips, W2 form and bank statements along with my passports. I submitted it on 13th June and the Chennai consulate received it on 16th June. Then I got a mail from the Chennai consulate on 5th July stating the my process has undergone further administrative processing and they asked me few questions like my previous employment history, educational background, countries I visited and my sibling information. The next week I got all my documents back except for the passport. Till then I heard nothing from them and am still waiting.

So the question is: did my case underwent AP because I didn't take documents with me? If that is the case then I couriered them all the documents that they asked for and after reviewing they should have taken the decision. But even after reviewing the documents they put my case under further administrative processing which puzzles me.

• 2 weeks later...

@*****, no offense, but how on earth did you not take petition papers and pay slips with you for stamping buddy? They are the basic requirement for everything to get processed. I strongly believe that was the reason. Else every fulltime employee that I know had a very smooth stamping process.

Having said that, I myself did a stupid thing and travelled on EVC model for stamping, knowing that EVC guys are having trouble.

@northwest.bobby: I agree with you. No offense taken - BTW, I am assuming you are referring to me:)

The reason might have been that 2 years back when I went for the Visa stamping, the VO just took my passport and I797 paper and then said you are good.

This might have made me complacent, I guess?

Also, one thing in my passport, my entire name is under the surname field. The name field is blank.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived