LPR husbad to sponsor Canadian citizen wife?

Hello senior members

I got my GC approved under EB1 MM almost an year ago. Now I am pursuing an arranged marriage with a Canadian citizen girl. If I am reading this right I should apply under 'F2A category - Spouse of LPR" and the Jul11 visa bulletin says the PD is Mar2008.

- Does this mean I am looking at 3-4 year horizon before she can legally move to US?

- Does cross-chargeability apply based on her country of birth or citizenship as in case of EB based applications?

- What other viable options exist besides H1/L1/F1?

Thanks and please advise

Originally posted by Joeschmo:

Hello senior members

I got my GC approved under EB1 MM almost an year ago. Now I am pursuing an arranged marriage with a Canadian citizen girl. If I am reading this right I should apply under 'F2A category - Spouse of LPR" and the Jul11 visa bulletin says the PD is Mar2008.

- Does this mean I am looking at 3-4 year horizon before she can legally move to US?

Yes.

- Does cross-chargeability apply based on her country of birth or citizenship as in case of EB based applications?

You already have a GC, so cross-chargeability is irrelevant. It also doesn't apply for spouse cases.

- What other viable options exist besides H1/L1/F1?

None. Even F1 is unlikely to work.

Archived