H1B Visa in Toronto, Cananda

Everest123

Hello,

I have a visa appointment @ Toronto on Oct 12th. I work in E-V-C model for an american talent solutions firm. Has anyone recently been to Toronto consulate? Also, how do you show employer_employee relationship when you are working in this kind of job model?

I would very much appreciate any of your responses. What needs to be included in a client verification and vendor letters?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have mine on Oct 11th driving from Edison, Newjersey.

I attended my visa interview on Oct 11th, 2011. I was told that my visa is approved and I gave me a white sheet to track passport.

As of Oct 12th, @ 11:00 AM no update from DHL.

Please let me know if someone else is waiting or received any update.

pls share ur interview?

10/11/2011 @ 8:00 AM – My appointment was at 8:45 Am

I drove to the consulate and parked my car in public parking right opposite to the embassy. I even dropped my keys in the public parking as we are not supposed to take any electronics in to the consulate.

I went in they took my passport and asked to stand in line where they collected my I797 and photo and gave me a token.

They asked me to take picture again as they needed picture with bright white background.

Carry $10 Canadian in case they ask you to take photo again.

My number was called and they took my fingerprints.

Later I was called to the counter and they asked me.

What do you do?

Which company?

How is it related to what I have studied in MS?

It took 2 min and they told my visa was approved and gave me a paper to track the passport with DHL.

I was out by 9:30 AM

I picked Brampton for Passport pick up.

On 10/12/2011 I received email at 7:30 that my passport was picked up by DHL by is not ready for pick up yet.

Waiting for the status to change so that I can pick up my passport

Good luck I have seen some folks get grilled for 5-10 min.

I-797, passport, paystubs, employer letter, paystubs, H1B packet, bank statements, certificates.

I Hope this helps.

10/11/2011 @ 8:00 AM – My appointment was at 8:45 Am

I drove to the consulate and parked my car in public parking right opposite to the embassy. I even dropped my keys in the public parking as we are not supposed to take any electronics in to the consulate.

I went in they took my passport and asked to stand in line where they collected my I797 and photo and gave me a token.

They asked me to take picture again as they needed picture with bright white background.

Carry $10 Canadian in case they ask you to take photo again.

My number was called and they took my fingerprints.

Later I was called to the counter and they asked me.

What do you do?

Which company?

How is it related to what I have studied in MS?

It took 2 min and they told my visa was approved and gave me a paper to track the passport with DHL.

I was out by 9:30 AM

I picked Brampton for Passport pick up.

On 10/12/2011 I received email at 7:30 that my passport was picked up by DHL by is not ready for pick up yet.

Waiting for the status to change so that I can pick up my passport

Good luck I have seen some folks get grilled for 5-10 min.

I-797, passport, paystubs, employer letter, paystubs, H1B packet, bank statements, certificates.

I Hope this helps.

Hey Dude, I also interviewed on the same day. I didn't get any email about my passport. Airway bill number isn't ready either. Have you already got your passport? If you are in Toronto, let me know if can meet up or talk on phone.

Gaurav

I have MS in USA. Second time H1B stamping as I changed employer.

We should tell the officers at the border to take I-94 when leaving. They did not take mine while entering canada. I submitted I-94 while returning to USA and got new one.

In the same way you should request them for New I-94 when entering back in USA.

I attended my visa interview on Oct 11th, 2011. I was told that my visa is approved and I gave me a white sheet to track passport.

As of Oct 12th, @ 11:00 AM no update from DHL.

Please let me know if someone else is waiting or received any update.

Hi, I am also planning to go for stamping in second week of November. Planning to go for Ottawa consulate.. can you please share your Contact details and please help me.

Hey Dude, I also interviewed on the same day. I didn't get any email about my passport. Airway bill number isn't ready either. Have you already got your passport? If you are in Toronto, let me know if can meet up or talk on phone.

Gaurav

Gaurav,

Please check the email. Once you receive email please call DHL/ Loomis Express, you can contact them and find out if you can pick up your passport. Dont wait till something shows up on the canada us-visa info website. My case is still not updated by I already have passport and back in US.

I received email from Loomis Express. You will find your way bill # in that email.

Raj.

ayoshida and jimmy01 (Gaurav) ... did you guys get any email regarding waybill # yet.

I also had my visa interview on 11th Oct ( @ 9.15AM) but so far I haven't received any email from DHL nor any thing is updated on CSC visa site. Let me know if you guys get an email.

thanks

As raj_cup said... guys have $10 CAD ( the photo machine accepts only Canadian $5 or $10 and i think it also accepts coins. I had $20 so I had to go out and get $10 bill). In Toronto they are very particular about the photo. Even if there is little shadow or the background is not completely white, they ask to bring another photo.

I am working for a large automotive supplier ( full time employee).

First they took fingerprints next after some time I had the interview

what do u do

how many years u have been working for that company

how come i was allowed to be on H1B over 6years ( I had to explain about the approved I140 and green card)

why my wife didn't come for visa ( Told her she is on EAD, AP)

Why is she on AP and I am on H1B ( I explained my situation)

then she said the visa is approved and I should get my passport in 3-7 days. She gave me a white paper to track the passport

I got a mail from DHL/Loomis on Friday @8PM. It shows its in Brampton. So planning on picking it up on Monday.

Hi all, I assume that to travel to Canada you needed a visa? how long did the visitor's visa to Canada take?

You need a Visa to Travel to Canada. If you live close to canadian embassy you can walk in and get the visa. Otherwise send them your documents and you should get it back with visa in it.

Documents:

passport, I-797

Bank statements

emloyer letter

A letter telling your intention - Mine was to visit Niagara or Us Embassy for Visa

@prasnil24

This is my First time Stamping and I don't have much knowledge about how to book as visa slot in Canada

Can you please help me with this ?

Just let me know the Website address to book a slot for H1b stamping in Canda

I really appreciate if you could reply me.

It is my first time stamping as well and I would like to know the same information,...

1)steps to book the visa slot(including visiting visa steps).

2) Is it preferable to book ur first time stamping in canada?

3)Any preference to what embassy is better?

your response will be greatly appreciated.

Archived