H4 visa stamping in Hyd-221(g) issued

anna1912

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KSR,

I remember that you had attended the interview on same date as my wife (Sep 7th), so wanted to check if your case progressed?

I wrote couple of times to Consulate office, Hyd and I get the same reply, saying no specific time frame can be given. We were not asked to submit any documents and her passport was returned. Here is the reply we got the second time.

Not sure what to do... it is very frustrating at the moment as we are past 9 weeks now.

Thank you for your correspondence of November 10, 2011 to the U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad, regarding your non-immigrant visa case.

We would like to inform you that your case continues to undergo administrative processing. While we understand your concern and probable frustration, we cannot speed things up. Not all case numbers are listed on our website. We will continue to process your case and quickly notify you if we require any additional documents.

We are required to send many cases for administrative processing. As a result, we regularly receive requests for help. Unfortunately, we cannot give a specific time frame during which processing will be completed. We are well aware how frustrating these delays can be for applicants and do our best to perform the work as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit

U.S. Consulate General

Hyderabad, India

Email: HydNIV@state.gov

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone from September interview dates with 221(g) received an update from Hyd consulate for submiting passport? My wife's interview date was Sep 7 and there has been no update until now. I understand that timelines are case specific, but I hope it can still give me an idea of what is happening on that front.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi Anna,

Not sure whats causing such a long delay for your wifes H4. My wife finally got her visa exactly on 6th week. Her interview was on September 30 and she got her passport on November 14th. She is in states now.I will advice you to find any senator who can contact the consulate and find out whats going on.

Hi,

We are in a similar situation. My wife attended H4 interivew on 31-OCT-2011 and after the interview the VO informed her visa was approved and asked to collect her passport in 3 business days. But till today we did not receive her passport and her passport tracking status shows as "your passport is under process at u.s embassy/consulate". I am worried about the long delay and contacting VFS regularly. Are there any options to contact and get response form consulate ? please help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My wife attended for H4 visa in Hyderabad on Sep 7th and she was given 221(g) and the following was checked on that form.

Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. Your case status will be indicated next to your case number on the website: http://hyderabad.usc...sed-visas.html. You may check your status after a week from the date of interview.

We are past one week now and still that status on the above website is not updated. Every time we go in, it says

We were not able to identify Case #XXXXXXXXXXX, Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly.

But we are entering the right case number that is on 221(g).Does anyone has such case? Does the status get updated on the website at all? Any inputs or similar experiences please share, much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar

Hi

mine is also same position i attented interview on oct31st they give 221g blue sheet for h4 visa......did ur wift got her visa......please reply soon

Hi Everyone,

My wife attended for H4 visa in Hyderabad on Sep 7th and she was given 221(g) and the following was checked on that form.

Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. Your case status will be indicated next to your case number on the website: http://hyderabad.usc...sed-visas.html. You may check your status after a week from the date of interview.

We are past one week now and still that status on the above website is not updated. Every time we go in, it says

We were not able to identify Case #XXXXXXXXXXX, Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly.

But we are entering the right case number that is on 221(g).Does anyone has such case? Does the status get updated on the website at all? Any inputs or similar experiences please share, much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar

hi....did ur wife got her visa? please reply

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar

hi

Did ur wift got her visa.....please reply mine is also same position

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My Wife was issued with a 221g Yellow Slip with all boxes ticked, This was issued in April 2011 but since then I changed the client I work for, my old H1B expired and I was approved for the extension of my H1B. My Attorney who was working on the response now realizes and says "Since the 221g was on the old H1B, My wife will have to attend for the H4 as she attended in the past, Attorney also says the 221g notice is no more valid as I got a H1B extension recently."

I would like to know if this argument is true and if I provide all the documents required for the H4 will that be sufficient. How do I cancel the old 221g Query to apply a fresh one?

Appreciate a quick and thorough answer on this,

Naresh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Murali , anna 1912,amohd, and dec21ap i am also same bota pleas ehelp me i got 221g blue slip to name corrdction of my pasport and i submitted new one its already 5+ months till now i didn get my pp back i sent a mail so many times i getting same answer from consulate .. unfortunatel your case went to admin process there is no time frame .. i am very much depressed any one help me please

Hi Anna,chowdary and all,

My h4 case is still pending.I attended interview on Sep 7th at hyd and received blue slip.

Anna : Please let me know which senator you contacted. Please let me know the procedure.

OR shall I file new h4 with old h4 still pending?. Please suggest.

regards,

KSR

My Wife attended H4 Visa on Feb 24th th they handed her 221G then i got an email questionaire asking about her education research etc, she has masters in microbiology, my wife responded to the questionaire on Feb 29th. Havent Heard since.

Any idea how long does it take for TAL.

Appreciate your input.

Hi Pogaru,

I submitted passport and got back with H4 stamped. Below are my case details

Interview date : 07th Sep 2011 at HYD

Slip given : Blue color

Email from consulate for passport : 13th March 2012

Passport submitted : 15th March 2012

Passport received : 21st March 2012

Its relief time after painful wait of 7 months.

Regards

KSR

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Yesturday I got a mail from hyd consulate asking me to submit my passport.

Do I need to submit my 221g letter along with my passport or just passport and email copy is enough?

Regards

KSR

Hi KSR

Congrats

please can you let me know did they mention you got visa in the email send you passport for stamping or any thing else . because my wife got a email saying submit your passport for further processing of your case.

Hi svb_H4,

VFS will not and unauthorised to mention anything about visa approval or rejection. They just communicate for the passport/documents as asked by the consulate. As I have read in the forum and by personal experience can say that it is a good sign. Your wife will get the visa. I already replied to your same topic in this forum. Carry the mail copy from VFS and submit passport asap. Let us know the result.

Regards,

KSR

Hi svb_H4,

VFS will not and unauthorised to mention anything about visa approval or rejection. They just communicate for the passport/documents as asked by the consulate. As I have read in the forum and by personal experience can say that it is a good sign. Your wife will get the visa. I already replied to your same topic in this forum. Carry the mail copy from VFS and submit passport asap. Let us know the result.

Regards,

KSR

Thank you for the response KSR , will keep you posted .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

@Ramyarajesh

My wife got her visa....

Interview date Sep 7th..

issued 221(g) blue slip..

After contacting the senator...we got an email from embassay on 26th October to submit the passport...

Received passport with visa stamped on 30th october...

anna, how did you finally contact Senator, you mentioned in your previous post , Senator will not contact consulate. Did you meet in person or sent an email?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I initially went to US on F1 VISA. After my graduation i stayed there for an year in search of job and due to recession i couldnt find any. So i have joined in another university where I paid all the fee for 1 semister but did the courses online and then came back to india for good as I came to know that the uni is not a good one. I stayed here for almost 8 months and I got married. I went back to US on L2 visa in DEC 2010. Recently in Nov 2011 my hubby changed his visa to H1 and in march I came to india for my sis wedding. I went for H4 stamping on April 9 2012 and I had to answer a lot of questions about my hubby, my second university. He wanted to whether i was always legal in US or not. So he took my passport and gave me 221(g) white form with a tick mark on " administrative processing required before making a final decision." He asked me for certain documents during interview and i gave everything whatever I have, Its been exactly 4 weeks and just 2days back I postponed my trip for a month. I am still worried looking at the forums and people waiting for so long. Right now I am carrying (5th month). Its so frustrating to wait here and I never know when will I get and as the time passes I cannt even travel. So people please let me know if anyone else had the same situation and also let me know how much time will this usually takes.

Thank You So much

Swathi

Hi

Any one please let me know , 221g blue slip is issues most of the master degree holders. I am planing to book slot h4 visa for my wife in hyd. She worked 4 years in MNC after finished her Btech computers degree.

Please advice, is there any change to get 221g slip. I am more concern about this because she is attending along with my son.

what about Chennai consulate?.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My husband went for H4 visa interview at hyderabad consultate on september 4rth 2012.

He was given 221g white slip under administrative processing. They asked him to send the following documents from my employer asap.

1) A copy of petition with all supporting documents as filed with USCIS.

2) A detailed description of the project which you will be assigned to. Include technical description of the project, employer,timeline, current status, number of employees assigned.

3) A complete itenary of services or engagements(including both internal and client projects) that specifies dates of each service, names and addresses of actual employers, names and addresses of locations where services will be performed.

Also in the email which they have sent, they asked the following documents as well.

A complete CV/resume and a complete list of publications and professional/research references. CV/resume should be submitted in text (*.txt) format. If you are retired, you MUST still include a CV/resume listing your past work and any part-time work since retirement.

A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file.

You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files.

I am not sure of what A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file is

Can any body please let me know what is this? Also what are the chances of getting his h4 visa approved?

My project may end any day. they are extending it for every 2 weeks. Will the vfs people contact my client for my employment verification? Right now my project is there, but dont know when its going to end.

Please help...I am confused...

Archived