H4 visa stamping in Hyd-221(g) issued

anna1912

Hi Mohd,

It is 8 weeks past now, since my wife attended for her H4 visa, no response yet from the Hyd Consulate. We received an email saying that they cannot give an exact time frame on administrative processing, guess it is the same message that they copy and paste to everyone contacting them for an update.

So, I would like to find out more about contacting the local congressman and having him send an email to the Consulate. I found the senator information from the following site for the state I am residing (Texas), but wanted to know what is the process to approach them? Did u fillout the contact form online and then meet him/her in person or how did u get in touch with him/her to explain the situation and have him/her respond to ur situation to US consulate office in Hyd. Please let me know the end-to-end process. Appreciated your inputs in this regard as I have no idea about this approach.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Thanks,

Kumar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kumar,

It very simple to contact the congress man.I will advice you to go to his office and meet him personally and explain the situation.He will take your information and your wife's information and then he will contact the consulate. I am sure he will also get the same response we get but still it depends upon the case.I don't know what your case is like. Did your wife get a white slip requesting the questionnaire?. Did the consulate keep her passport?.I am a FTE working in Arkansas for an American firm. Last time i went to stamping was in January 2011. At that time they also put me on hold with the same white slip. I got my visa after 6 weeks and my H1 is still valid for more 2 years and 2 months. Keep us posted about the progress in your case.

Guys..

Finally my wife got her passport with Visa..She collected the passport at VFS office..

Coming to my case which was cleared in september after long wait,I did contact the local congressman then..they were in communication with Consulate checking my status every 3-4 weeks.However consulate had the same answer every time.

But during the wait time I was aking local congressman to contact the consulate .So I dont know whether I got the visa becuase of that or not..but its worth to be in touch with congressman..

I did contact congressman after 5 months..

Murli,

Go ahead and contact the congressman becoz it will take 3 to 4 days for them to write up the email and contact the consulate. If you send them the email today by friday you should be able to hear some thing. There is no harm in seeking the help of congress man.

Mail2Hfz,

Sorry to bug u again ..but i was wanting to know what kind of response did the congress man get when they contacted the consulate on your behalf.The reason i am asking is because when my congress man contacted the consulate he got a response from the chief of the consulate and the chief of the consulate mentioned in the email that he has made a note of the congress mans interest in this case. Did your congress man too get the same kind of response and did the chief of the consulate respond to your congress man.???.Your answer will be of great help. Thanks again.

Guys... You know what... my wife got her passport today.... She was given visa for just 2 yrs....

She went to visa on 11th Oct and got a white slip.... Responded back to Questionaire on 13th Oct

She was granted a visa on 25th Oct Visa...

We got a communication on 1st Nov that passport is ready for pickup at VFS office...

Received the Passport on 2nd Nov with visa stamped...

So this whole process took 3 weeks....

But the twist in the whole story is tht my H1 was approved for 2 yr and 7 months.... But my wife's visa is stamped only for 2 Yrs... Have no clue y they stamped for 2 yrs....

Murli,

Congratulations on your wifes visa. My wife is still waiting and there is no update yet. Thats very wierd that your wife got her visa less than your petition end date.Just out of curiosity did you call the DOS after 25 th october(i.e when her visa was issued) and what was their response when you called them?. I am just trying to see if the DOS has the accurate info or not. I am calling them every alternate day but they always say that it always pending.

Nope buddy...

The status hasn't changed yet... still shows as under processing...

You know what i called DOS on 25th US time.. but they said its still under process and i need to wait atleast 8 weeks....

On 31st Oct IST, i even called the VFS helpline in Hyd and they said case is still under process... but the very next we got communication tht passport is ready for pick up and today we see tht visa was issued on 25th Oct itself...

Donno why they didnot communicate till 1st to VFS folks...

Even my lawyer is surprised tht visa is less then petition times... but he said tht shud not be an issue....

Just keep us updated....

Thanks for the response murli. Your email is giving me some hope. I am very much tensed because of all this.This is becomming very tough for us both now. All i can just do is sit tight and keep praying.I will keep you posted.

One last question - Did they write any think like "clearance received" on your wifes visa?.

Buddy,

Everything wud go fine.... I did not get what you said by "Did they write any think like "clearance received" on your wifes visa?."

Only thing what i did was in the questionaire they gave initially... For the Question "itinerary".... i mentioned abt my wife's itinerary.... She had a flight to return back to US on 2nd Nov IST.... But then since i didnot get any response...i went ahead and cancelled the ticket on 31st oct.... So i feel probably tht cud be one of the reasons to release the passport on Nov 1st.... Probably this logic looks little stupid... But this is wht stuck me 1st in my mind... so wanted to share...

Anyways i had to cancel the ticket as she is india to finish her M.Pharm final seminar... which is not yet finished... So now once she finishes tht i neeed to book the return ticket...

Thanks Murli..you are very caring. You answered each of my question. I really appreciate that.

What i was trying to ask was when a visa applicant goes through admin processing the consulate writes a note as "clearance received on the visa along with the date". This means they received the clearance from DOS to issue the visa. All visas that are stuck in admin processing will be sent to DOS for verification's and once its all done the applicant will be issued a visa.For people who lack in some kind of documentation their case will be a little different.But when the consulate does not ask any additional documentation except the questioner it means that they need to get the clearance from DOS. Most of the people who get stuck in this kind of admin processing are the ones who have a "name hit" in the consulate database or the ones who are studying in some sensitive technology like bio filed. The consulate calls this as TAL clearance you can google this.Similar to your wife even my wife is from bio field. The visa officer put her visa on hold after he asked her about the education and if she did any research.Once the clearance is received the consulate puts a note on the visa. You can take a look at your wife's visa if there was anything written like clearance received. If you would like respond me through email please send me the response their. This will help me to understand how much time it will take for my wife to get her visa.

Hi. everyone...

I am on H4 status and my visa stamp is expired . And I have to go India due to some urgency...

while coming back from India to USA, I need to renew my H4 visa, after reading your answers, I am little bit confused...

Will I get 221g..???? I have all documents mentioned in VFS website except, my husband "valid stamp"....which is already expired in 2009...Do my husband has to come INDIA for stamping along with me..???? I am going to INDIA on coming Nov 7th..2011...

Please guide me...

Thanks

Hi Patil,

My wife's case is still pending. The questions that they asked at the interview are very simple. They ask about the date of the marriage, was it an arranged or love marriage and they asked about my company how long i have been working and he saw my recent 3 pay stubs. At last he asked my wife her education and work. Then he gave her a 221g.You know what if your wife is from science back ground probably she might also get a 221g. The Hyderabad consulate has this on their website itself. See below. Few people who are on this forum got their visa in 3 to 4 weeks and for few it took long time. So all these delays are unpredictable.But we got to be prepared for this.

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/appointments_and_interviews/hitechbs.html

Hi Everyone,

I approached the senator (office) in my the state of Texas, but they are saying that for 221(g) cases they do not contact US Consulate. They are saying that Consulate would not consider their request or does not expedite the process anyway. I am not sure what would be my alternative?? Can I contact any senator or do I have to contact only the one in the state I am residing? Please let me know. It has been over 8 weeks (Sep 7, interview date) and no update so far. It is very frustrating. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar

Archived