H4 visa stamping in Hyd-221(g) issued

anna1912

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

My wife attended the intv on 11th Oct and its only since today(21st Oct) that i see her case status as still under admin processing.... god knows when she might return back... she has return ticket booked for 2nd Nov... will wait for another week and then cancel her ticket...

amohd/mail2hfz/njverfiier..... Just keep posted abt the developments.... its been like 10 days.... no response.... no clue why have a concern with H4 folks... don't they know that they r just in US to stay with their spouse...

But u know what guys.... I see this is happening only for consultants... I know couple of my friend's wives who have gone to stamping in last 2 to 3 weeks.. they got their H4 stamped... they were all working for Infosys.. and their spouses got visa....

Hey Murli,

You dissapeared totally man. Good to hear from you. My wife completed 3 weeks today and no update yet.I have sent a letter to the consulate yesterday to speed up the process as we are a newly married couple.We got the same automated response. I came back to states right after my marriage (In a week)due to my project commitments and being a critical resource to my client. This is getting very hard for me to handle. I have gone through this **** earlier but i was alone at that time i waited for 6 months first US stamping and 2 months in my next stamping. Now since being newly married i feel i am tore apart from this saga. Cant concentrate on work...no sleep...frustated ,but cant do anything except wait.I am thinking of contacting a local congress man and see if it helps speed up the case.

Keep us posted...and dont dissapear dude even if you get your visa...please spare few mins to write in this forum.

Hi,

I got email from COnsulate to submit my wife passport. Earlier on interview date they asked my wife to get new passport...

She got her new passport from Passport Office under Lost/Damaged Passprt Case.

However Now I am confused which passport to submit since new passport has new no.

However new passport last page says it is new one and also have previous passport no in it.

Should I submit both? What do you think Guys

I am trying all the diff possible ways to get the status updates.... I mailed them, called the help line... just today itself i called DOS... lady DOS said its just been 2 weeks since ur wife got a query.... Admin processing can take anytime between 6 to 8 weeks.... But the VFS Help line said admin processing takes 2 to 3 weeks atleast minimum.... so donno when she might get her visa...

Murli, Hfz and njverifier - Any update from your end guys?..Nothing from my end BTW:-(.

Sorry I got busy with work. My wife submitted the passport on 17th Oct (Monday). The following Monday which is 24th October we got an email from the consulate that my wife's passport was handed over to VFS. on 25th October we got the passport delivered in HYD. Got the visa for the full term till Feb 2014. What a relief, we can celebrate Diwali peacefully. I wish and pray that everyone of you guys will get through all the hurdles soon and get united with your families. Good luck and wish you a very Happy Diwali.

Murli,

It means the congress person of the state in USA where you live. Google local congress man in your state and you should be able to get the info.You can either write to them or go and meet them personally. I met them pesonally and explained them the situation.They will ask all your details on a sheet of paper and you have to breifly write down what the issue is. Then they will contact the consulate.

BTW...its not the indian congress man its here in USA. Forget about going to Indian politicians..they are useless.

Murli,

It means the congress person of the state in USA where you live. Google local congress man in your state and you should be able to get the info.You can either write to them or go and meet them personally. I met them pesonally and explained them the situation.They will ask all your details on a sheet of paper and you have to breifly write down what the issue is. Then they will contact the consulate.

BTW...its not the indian congress man its here in USA. Forget about going to Indian politicians..they are useless.

What amohd said is absolutely true. Please contact your local congressmen and explain them the situation. They will try to help you as much as they can. Good luck.

My congress man forwarded me the email from the consulate today. He received a response regarding the case for my wife. In thier response the cheif of the consular section wrote that he has made a note of the case and cogress mans interest in it. But he mentioned that the case is still under administrative review and he cannot speed things up. He said that the consulate is doing its best to complete the processing of the admin cases and they will contact my wife once the processing is complete.

Bottom line - its the same response i received when i contacted the consulate. The only part in this email gives me hopes that the email was responded by the chief of the consulate and he also mentioned that he has "made a note of congress mans interest in this case". These 2 things are giving me some hope. So i would say contacting the congress man is not a bad idea. Its worth giving a try.

Congrats njverifier..

.We submnitted passport on 24th October..but still the website says to submit the passport..actually we gor email on 21st friday to submit and we did on monday on 24th October....since then we did not hear anything from them

@mail2hfz: It will take at least a week for the consulate to handover the PP to VFS. Since you guys submitted your PP on 24th and with a holiday on 26th I dont expect the consulate will return the PP to VFS till 1st Nov. BTW you will get an email alert when your PP is handed over to VFS and on that day when you receive the email you may actually walk into VFS to collect your passport between 3 pm to 4 pm. If you miss this timeslot your PP will be handed over to Bluedart for delivery.

mail2Hfz,

I read about you some where regarding your H1 stamping this year. You had to wait for months and then you contacted the local congress man after which you got the visa in 2 weeks. Can you please let me know what response your congress man get when he contacted the US consulate in hyderabad or did your congresman contact the DOS?. Your answer will be of greater help for people who are reading this forum every day.Thanks again.

Hi Amohd,

Nope.... its still saying "Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website."

I haven't contacted the congressman... may be i will wait for a week and then contact him....

@mail2fhz... can you please let me know after how many days did u contact the local congressman... And how did the congressman respond back to you....

Archived