H4 visa stamping in Hyd-221(g) issued

anna1912

Hi Everyone,

My wife attended for H4 visa in Hyderabad on Sep 7th and she was given 221(g) and the following was checked on that form.

Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. Your case status will be indicated next to your case number on the website: http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/pending-or-refused-visas.html. You may check your status after a week from the date of interview.

We are past one week now and still that status on the above website is not updated. Every time we go in, it says

We were not able to identify Case #XXXXXXXXXXX, Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly.

But we are entering the right case number that is on 221(g).Does anyone has such case? Does the status get updated on the website at all? Any inputs or similar experiences please share, much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I was on B1 and got transferred to H1B. After few questions, like when did he go and what was his purpose of visit etc, she was asked,

why implementation partner (client) did not sponsor my H1B when they had a project with them and she had replied that she does not know much details of why it was another company and not the implementation partner, so the officer told her that they want to verify the documents and get back to her. She was give a 221(g) while taking the photocopies of I129, LCA, 1797, client letters etc. FYI, she already has a H4 stamping from my earlier H1B.

Thanks,

K

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My wife has gone for a H4 visa stamping on 11th Oct... At the end of intv, she was given a white form where in they checked the box which indicated,, they would be sending in few Questions to her mail and she needs to respond back to those Questions.... and they held back passport... they didnot return the passport to her....

But to my surprise these Questions are no way related to me or her H4 visa... but seems to be asked for someone applying for Student visa...

A complete CV/resume and a complete list of publications and professional/research references. CV/resume should be submitted in text (*.txt) format. If you are retired, you MUST still include a CV/resume listing your past work and any part-time work since retirement.

A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file.

You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files.

I have no clue what to respond to these Questions.... as she is just coming to join me and not for some education purpose....

Can someone help me in this regard.... I am seriously waiting for somehelp.... so as to answer these Questions....

Hi Murli,

Even my spouse is in the same situation as yours. She attended the visa interview on 30th of september and she was given a 221 g. We just answered the questions on the quistoinare and they accepted it. We didnt send any scanned documents, those dont apply for H4 visa applicants. Just anwser the questionaire and you should be fine.If they need anything they will contact you. Dont delay this or else it will delay your visa processing. Its been 1 week for us now and we still dont hear anything. The consular officer gave us a case number but when we try to check the case status online it says the system cannot identify the case. We got married couple of weeks before the visa interview and this was the first H4 visa for my wife.I am back in states now. This is a very frustating thing but you know we have to be patient. I have gone through this Admin processing twice. My first one took 6 months and the second one took 2 months. I hear that H4 visa processing will be quicker.So its just a matter of patientce.

What about your wife?. Is this her first application for a US visa?.And are you guys able to check the status online using the case number that the visa officer gave you?.

Hi amohd,

Thanks for replying back.... Can i know how did u respond to the Question? Since my wife is coming on H4.... I really don't see to send scanned documents.... By the way did u send your wife's resume....

I would really appreciate if you can help me in this regard by telling me what were your responses for each of the 3 Questions i posted in my previous post.... I feel the 3 Questions should be answered with 'Not Applicable'

My wife already had H4.... we got married early this yr and she got her H4 stamped in Mar... but mine gone expired in Sep.. so her visa also got expired.... Now she is in India for some personal work.. so went for her H4 renewal stamping and got stuck.....

Since my wife Intv was on 11th Oct... i feel its too early for us to check for the status....

Anyways once again i request you to share the responses for the 3 questions i posted.... As i don't need the specific answers that you might have given.. but a generic one should help me....

Hi Murli,

My wife is did not work any time so we didnt send any resumes or docs. Neither she applied for any college in US. So we answered not applicable for the questions which dont apply for H4.Looking at your case i think you should also do the same. Just answer not applicable and you should be fine.

I had a friend of mine, his spuose also went through the same additional processing in july and he didnt not anwser the questions that dont apply for H4 applicants. Neither he sent them any scanned docs as his wife never worked. They accepted that and his wife got her visa in 2 weeks.

Hi Murli,

So what did you do?. I mean what did you send to the consulate along with the questionaire?.Did you get any response from them yet?.

Today i contacted the consulate letting them know that i am not able to check the status of the visa application with the case number they gave us. As soon as i sent them the email within an hour we were able to check the status online. But the sad part is we dont see anything new in the case status. It just says its being process currently.Let me know whats from your end?.

Hi Everyone,

We did not receive any update on my wife's H4 visa. Here are the details

Date of Interview: Sep 7, 2011

Visa type: H4

blue slip 221(g) issued with first check box (one week processing time, can check the case status online)

No questionnaire or additional documents requested via email.

Passport returned to my wife

It is over 5 weeks now, no update. Always the case status shown "no case found" and under track your passport, it shows as under processing.

Has anyone in this time frame with 221(g) received any update or called back for submitting the passport?

Please update.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi Anna,

Sorry to hear about your case. Even my wife is going through the same.She attended her interview on september 30. They took her passport and our case number started showing after 8 working days.I contaced the consulate regarding the case not showing on the web site.I am not sure if they looked at my email or not. Did you try contacting them?.

Just out of curiosity what is your employment model?.Do you have any layers in between you and your client?.Mine is a direct client and i got my stamping done just 8 months back in hyderabad. It took 2 months for my adming processing to clear.

Hi,

We are in a similar situation. My wife had an interview on 14th October and was given a 221(g) blue slip with the following option checked:

Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. Your case status will be indicated next to your case number on the website. You may check your status after a week from the date of interview.

I was in the 7th year of H1 and got my H1 extended for the 3rd time till Feb 2014. So the VO asked if I had any immigration issues and my wife said not that she know of. I changed my employer only once in the first year when I was in US, ever since I am working with my current employer with my GC in process. We got an email in the evening asking my wife to submit her passport for further processing. She submitted her passport on the 17th October. I dont know what verifications they are doing but I strongly feel that there should not be any issue as long as we have all our correct documents. But it still makes me nervous. I will keep you guys posted on the status.

Thanks

SS

Hey Njverifier,

Did they send your wife any questionaire to via email?.

Nope, they just sent an email asking her to submit the passport along with copy of the email for further processing. I am hearing from other websites that it is talking atleast 2 weeks to get passports back. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Archived