DS160 Correction and W2 Question

Aegan

Hello All,

I have my Visa Stamping on 22nd(ASC) + 23rd August 2011 in MERIDA Mexico COnsulate.

I came on F1 in Jan 2005 and Started My Employment from Mar 2007. I have not Changed my Employer so far. I have Successfully HAd my stamping in Chennai 2009 ( 1st Term) Which Expired on Sept 2010.

I have Applied for my 2nd Term and I got Approval Notice ( Form I 797) till Sept 2013. As I cannot Travel To india for stamping,Considering the Present Scenario in American Embassy's in India, I thought I will Go to Mexico to get my Visa Stamped.

I have Some Basic Questions to ask regarding The VISA Interview.

a)I have my F1 visa Denied 4 times, Usually I sued to Fill the Paper Based Forms And I used to Mention about this under " Have my Visa Ever Refused" section.

But During this Time while filling Online DS 160 Form, I assumed that there was no such question as I continued and Submitted and Booked the Confirmation and Appointment too.I realised this Only When I was Talking a Friend Of mine Regarding this and he did Told me That there is a Place to fill that . ALAS! I came home and checked now i saw that Question,

1."CAN YOU FOLKS PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS i.e HOW TO MAKE CORRECTIONS FOR ANY WRONG ENTRY IN DS 160 EVEN AFTER BOOKING THE APPOINTMENT"

2." WHEN THE VISA OFFICER ASKS ABOUT THIS WHAT SHOULD BE MY EXPLAINATION"

b)I have Entered my (GROSSSALARY/12) from my 2010 W2 as my Monthly Income. After checking with my Friends and Employer they have advised me to enter BASIC PAY, but it is Too late now to repend as I have already submitted and Schduled the Appt.

"CAN YOU FOLKS GIVE ME SOME SUGESTIONS ON THIS how to Anser this question"

C)My 2009 W2 has Higher Salary than my 2010 W2 Salary"

"MAY I KNOW WHAT SHOULD BE MY ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION WHEN ASKED".

Last But not Least I will be happy to see Some Visa Interview Questions that are asked in Mexico Consulates.

Thanks in advance.

your speedy reply Will help preparing myself for the best as possible..

I am not an expert but 4 years back I went to Toronto for stamping and I did mention my student visa was denied first time 10 years back in the form. They didnt seem to bother (may be because I was standing for H1B and because they eventually approved my F1 visa).

For income, I think I would just write my current monthly income (yearly gross/12).

Originally posted by Aegan:

Hello All,

I have my Visa Stamping on 22nd(ASC) + 23rd August 2011 in MERIDA Mexico COnsulate.

I came on F1 in Jan 2005 and Started My Employment from Mar 2007. I have not Changed my Employer so far. I have Successfully HAd my stamping in Chennai 2009 ( 1st Term) Which Expired on Sept 2010.

I have Applied for my 2nd Term and I got Approval Notice ( Form I 797) till Sept 2013. As I cannot Travel To india for stamping,Considering the Present Scenario in American Embassy's in India, I thought I will Go to Mexico to get my Visa Stamped.

I have Some Basic Questions to ask regarding The VISA Interview.

a)I have my F1 visa Denied 4 times, Usually I sued to Fill the Paper Based Forms And I used to Mention about this under " Have my Visa Ever Refused" section.

But During this Time while filling Online DS 160 Form, I assumed that there was no such question as I continued and Submitted and Booked the Confirmation and Appointment too.I realised this Only When I was Talking a Friend Of mine Regarding this and he did Told me That there is a Place to fill that . ALAS! I came home and checked now i saw that Question,

1."CAN YOU FOLKS PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS i.e HOW TO MAKE CORRECTIONS FOR ANY WRONG ENTRY IN DS 160 EVEN AFTER BOOKING THE APPOINTMENT"

2." WHEN THE VISA OFFICER ASKS ABOUT THIS WHAT SHOULD BE MY EXPLAINATION"

b)I have Entered my (GROSSSALARY/12) from my 2010 W2 as my Monthly Income. After checking with my Friends and Employer they have advised me to enter BASIC PAY, but it is Too late now to repend as I have already submitted and Schduled the Appt.

"CAN YOU FOLKS GIVE ME SOME SUGESTIONS ON THIS how to Anser this question"

C)My 2009 W2 has Higher Salary than my 2010 W2 Salary"

"MAY I KNOW WHAT SHOULD BE MY ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION WHEN ASKED".

Last But not Least I will be happy to see Some Visa Interview Questions that are asked in Mexico Consulates.

Thanks in advance.

your speedy reply Will help preparing myself for the best as possible..

Archived