221g white form tijuana mexico

madhandc30

sitting in tijuana mexico for the second day. Got a 221g form that says they need additonal time for administrative processing.

is there anyway i can get a temporary i-94 at the border?

they have all my h1b original, mark sheets, and a bunch of original documents.

any suggestions on what i could do?

After 10 years in the US, this is bull ****.

Originally posted by Prem.chn:

you can get a temporary i-94 @ the border... i hope you have already left mexico.. you will have to pay 600+ $ for temp i-94

Hi Prem, can you give more details about temp I-94 (boarder security webiste url about this I-94 helps.), i am going to visa renewal next month and helps this information just in case.

Thanks in Advance.

I got the same 221g white form on 21 Sep. It is the same case with my friend as well, who attended the interview on the same day. The VO asked regular questions like employer name, client letter, educational certificates, W-2s etc. Then he said your case requires a lil more time so please hav

We are stuck in Tijuana with 221(g) admin processing. Attended interview on 21 Sep and we were told to expect a call within 2 days. Staying at Marriott. Whoever is in the same situation, can you please respond with your mailID/phone.

king003, Madhan - please get in touch or let us know if your case is resolved. It would be of great help.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to post little late , below is my entire tijuana trip :

sep2nd 2011 : had my ASC , went back to sandiego since i had a valid visa to go back.

sep6th 2011: consulate interview, was given 221g for futher administrative processing (EVC Model)

after 40 mts of interview by a young mexican lady . She said " we will contact you by email once we have an update on ur case".

sep7th 2011: employer verification done ( project details, vendor details, start date with the employer, start date with the client, no of employees , no of employees in h1-b status, pictures of employers office , roles and responsibilties of the employee at client site)

Note: The same format which has abt 12-15 questions is being sent out to everyone's employer recieving 221g. They are very specific abt dates ( start date , end dates)

sep 8th 2011 ; client verification done.

About 6-8 questions regarding Job duties, relationship between employer and client, start date, end date and If will be assigned to some other projects in the future, once the current one ends. Again, they are very specific abt dates.The same format is being sent to almost all 221g cases.

sep 30th 2011: Got an email from the consulate for final interview.

oct3rd 2011: Visa approved after few questions abt status reports and client, vendor details.

Oct4th 2011: collected passport.

As far as the processing times, every case is different was there for almost a month and i have seen cases being resolved in 2 days, 1 day , 1 week and 3 weeks after client verification. It all depends upon the visa officer and case . Last week ,along with me 3 cases were approved.

I would recommend tijuana, if ur client is fine with u working remotely in case of delays.

theres no specific reason why a case is picked up for administrative processing , there could be many reasons( employer , fraud alert, name check , history etc..)

Regarding Temp I-94 , a couple of guys tried at Tijuana border and they were not given any sort of permit. Your visa would be cancelled (CWOP) when u are given 221g , regardless of ur visa being expired or active.

At the end , I would say its luck, and ur client needs to be very supportive in this crisis.I had all the documents related to h-1b still got 221g . Rest all is Fate....

Regards

Venkat

Archived