Successful stamping at Ottawa

dejavu126

Wanted to share my experience at Ottawa. I was reading into Murthy forums before heading over to Ottawa and was helpful. Hope my experience at Ottawa helps other heading over to Canada.

I am on my 7th year H1B with a 3 year extension till 2014. I work for an American financial services firm as a full time employee.

My appt date was Aug 9th. As soon as you check-in at the consulate, embassy staff will validate your 797 and DS-160 confirmation. They will ask you to get seated before you are called out for finger printing. Next step is finger printing. Once your finger prints are registered, you are asked to resume waiting for consular officer to call you for the visa interview.

My interview was quick. May be 4 to 5 mins max.

VO: Good Morning.

Self: Good Morning...

VO: I see you moved from L1 to H1. Can you give me the dates where transferred from L1 to H1?

Self: yadda yadda yadda...

VO: Where do you work now?

VO: What do you do?

VO: When did you graduate and where did you do your MBA from?

Self: yadda yadda yadda... (I did my MBA at a US B-school).

VO: Please show me your I-140 approval notice and pay slips..

VO: Let me issue the visa and here is how you can track it on the website.

Self: Thank you and thanks for sharing this info..

I was waiting for two days and no updates on the CSC website. I finally called the consulate contact number on Friday and they told me way bill number. Not sure why the CSC website did not update the DHL way bill number. Glad I called the consulate to check the status of my passport.

I picked up my passport Monday morning Aug 15th from DHL and back to US.

Good luck to anyone heading over to Ottawa...

Archived