EAD renewal time

amitshar2

I applied for my EAD renewal on 03/24 at Nebraska.

My current EAD expires in 06/09....Does anyone has any idea how much time it is taking now a days for renewal?

In case, I do not receive my EAD by 06/09, Is it legal to work ?

I heard various opinions saying you can work till 180 days past the expiry..Can some one please confirm?

I also heard that you will have to be on leave of absence (without pay) but still continue to be employed?

Please advise what is a better option

For people with pending I-485/AOS: if the current EAD expires, and the I-765 application to renew employment authorization is still pending, then one is NOT authorized to work on the EAD. Basically, in order for an I-485 adjustment of status (AOS) applicant to work on EAD, the EAD must be approved.

• 1 month later...

Hi Attorney 19

Thanks a lot. This help. Suppose the EAD is approved but the cards have not yet arrived,as the cards are getting delayed, in such scenario, it is legal to work? or I can work only once I have EAD cards in my hand

Appreciate your reply

Thanks

Sidharth

Originally posted by Murthy Law Firm Attorney 19:

For people with pending I-485/AOS: if the current EAD expires, and the I-765 application to renew employment authorization is still pending, then one is NOT authorized to work on the EAD. Basically, in order for an I-485 adjustment of status (AOS) applicant to work on EAD, the EAD must be approved.

Archived