H1B Interview Sucess but Passport Stamp Pending

punyapurush

Guys,

you can check by calling DOL and try to find some information. sometimes it takes around 3 weeks to get the passport even after successful visa stamping. so don't worry bcoz u r going to get nothing from worrying...

[This message was edited by Admin on September 23, 2011 at 06:58 AM.]

• 1 month later...

@punyapurush

I am in the same boat.I gave my Visa Interview on 24th August at chennai and I was told that the Visa was approved and I will receive the passport in 5-6 business days.

Today is 31st october and I did not get my Stamped Visa Yet.

Did you try contacting the Consulate / VFS to get a status about ur visa & passport. Many cases have been such & later when applicant sent an inquiry - they got a 221g. Also call the DOS to know the status.

@kiran

Mine is similar to your case. The VO acknowledged our visa is approved but upon verification he is going to send my PP in 2-3days.However the VO kept my PP,I-797,I-129,LCA,paystubs and client letters. Here the interview details

Date:-09/30/2011

Place:-Hyderabad

Model-EVC

company :-desi

no of employees:- <50

Visa status:-H1B

Visa result:- Visa is approved

221g:- N/A

Expected PP delivery:- 10/11/2011

Actual delivery: Not recieved

Upon writing an email to VFS hyderabad upon delay of PP delivery, The US consulate,Hyderabad responded that my case went straight away into admin processing and he issued me a case#.

Did the VO returned your H1b document,I-129,LCA,client letters?

Could pls provide your contact info to my email

I can be reached at nbendi et ******(zmail, replace 'z' with 'g')

Thanks & Regards

winter21

tejalks,

I dropped several E-mails to chennainiv@state.gov on the status of my passport.They infomed me that my case is under admin processing .I don't know how many days will it take.

almost 70 days (10 weeks) are over.Now, I am scaring on whether I will get the passport with Visa or not ? are you facing similar situation?

Kiran,

221g & admin processing is an endless wait, one cant predict the time frames for the same. I am in the same situation. My case is under processing with USCIS now, so the wait is still on for me.

@kiran

Mine is similar to your case. The VO acknowledged our visa is approved but upon verification he is going to send my PP in 2-3days.However the VO kept my PP,I-797,I-129,LCA,paystubs and client letters. Here the interview details

Date:-09/30/2011

Place:-Hyderabad

Model-EVC

company :-desi

no of employees:- <50

Expected PP delivery:- 10/11/2011

Upon writing an email to VFS hyderabad upon delay of PP delivery, The US consulate,Hyderabad responded that my case went straight away into admin processing and he issued me a case#.

Did the VO returned your H1b document,I-129,LCA,client letters?

Could pls provide your contact info to my email

I can be reached at nbendi aet (zmail, replace 'z' with 'g')

Thanks & Regards

winter21

Did you try contacting the Consulate / VFS to get a status about ur visa & passport. Many cases have been such & later when applicant sent an inquiry - they got a 221g. Also call the DOS to know the status.

@tejalks

what is the possibility of getting 221(G) of my case. visa was approved ,but still waiting for the passport from last 10 weeks(from aug 24 th). if i get 221(g),what are the documents that Consulate people will ask.

@tejalks

what is the possibility of getting 221(G) of my case. visa was approved ,but still waiting for the passport from last 10 weeks(from aug 24 th). if i get 221(g),what are the documents that Consulate people will ask.

@ Kiran -

Since you have not rcvd ur passport from 10 weeks, I would take it that u have a 221g already or a admin processing. No Consulate takes 10 weeks for the visa to be stamped. I can understand that if the passport is not returned back till 1 week, but 10 week is 99.99 % a 221g. Just that the consulate has not issued you a 221g letter, keep probing by asking the VFS or consulate on ur status, so that atleast they tell u if its admin processing or not.

Its not a alwez necessary that you have to submit the documents. Admin processing or 221g is given randomly & documents may or may not be requested.

Having said this, I sincerely hope that you dont get into admin processing ( hope for a miracle - that after 10 weeks of delay too u get a visa stamped).. If you have any more questions, do let me know & I will try to assist you to the best of my knowledge.

@ Kiran -

Since you have not rcvd ur passport from 10 weeks, I would take it that u have a 221g already or a admin processing. No Consulate takes 10 weeks for the visa to be stamped. I can understand that if the passport is not returned back till 1 week, but 10 week is 99.99 % a 221g. Just that the consulate has not issued you a 221g letter, keep probing by asking the VFS or consulate on ur status, so that atleast they tell u if its admin processing or not.

Its not a alwez necessary that you have to submit the documents. Admin processing or 221g is given randomly & documents may or may not be requested.

Having said this, I sincerely hope that you dont get into admin processing ( hope for a miracle - that after 10 weeks of delay too u get a visa stamped).. If you have any more questions, do let me know & I will try to assist you to the best of my knowledge.

@tejalks

Date:-08/24/2011

Place:-Chennai

Model-EC

Expected PP delivery:- 08/31/2011

I know that my case is under adminstrative Processing.But Ididn't get any 221(G) till now..can you provide your contactdetails.(emailid)

Archived