Meaning of VFS email saying application is processed

Blue484

I got an email this morning from VFS with the subject "US-Passport".

The email says "Processed visa application XXXX has been collected from the US Visa Application Centre on 08/22/2011. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email."

Does this mean a good thing? I had appeared from my interview in May and got a yellow slip and was given my passport back.

Did anyone get a similar email? Does it mean they could ask for more documents for processing or is the processing complete...

I am hoping for a good outcome now after about 100 days of waiting but a call to DoS, and the lady said my application is still under process. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

@blue484, I too was excited when I got the same email, but finally it meant nothing to me. My passport was submitted along with docs on June 20th. I got this kind of email on July 11th. But the twist is, the passport was returned without any stamp and another blue form mentioning 'Additional Admin Processing'. I am not expecting a denial letter in 1 or 2 weeks based on other people's experiences.

Hope it is not the case with you. Good luck

@Arjunmca

I was given 221g yellow without asking for any documents. I had heard from some people on the forum that submitting documents even if they werent asked, kind of wakes up the Consulate to our case. It was three months so I thought I should try it and submitted a few documents as additional evidence. Do you think that triggered that email?

@northwest bobby

Thats what it sounds like to me. Again, from previous posts, people got info of approval/rejection from DoS a couple of days before VFS gave it. Since DoS still says my case is under processing I am guessing it means either another 221g or its just a bogus alert.

Whatever it is, its making me reconsider going for H4...

Archived