gc not received, but having valid AP

I have received my Green card & My wifes green card during March. But I did not receive my daughter's (2 yrs old) green card even though it was approved

by Immigration on Feb 24th. I received welcome letter also during March.

When I called the USCIS helpdesk number, they said it was mailed to my address on Feb 28th and it might have been lost and I need to apply for I-90 to get replacement card.

There is no tracking number also. They also said my daughter can use valid AP to enter to USA.

Today I made an appointment through INFO PASS and talked to Immigration officer. He also said the same thing and also added that a Bio-metrics should be taken along with I-90 for my kid.

My daughter is currently in India and planning to come back on July4th. She has a valid advance parole till Jan 2012. But the officer told that she can not enter to USA with Advance parole since her GC was approved. He asked me to contact local US embassy to get some travel document so that she can travel.

I am confused now. Did anyone faced such situation ?

I sent a detailed mail to Chennai Consulate yesterday for scheduling an appointment and got response in 2 hours! They said Transportation Letter is required for this case and i need to carry required documents to prove that my daughter's case was approved. Fee is around $175. Initially I thought I should apply for Returning resident visa, but they said it is not necessary and Transportation letter is fine.

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/immigrantstous/lost/stolen-green-card.html

Archived