STEM OPT Extension without degree posted

iloveCA

Hello Everyone,

My 12 month OPT has started on in Feb 2010 and it is going to expired soon. I am eligible for 17 months OPT extension. My employer is e-verified. I have completed all my graduate requirements in December 2010. At the time of project submission, my university told all the students that it will take 10-12 week from January 4th 2011 to post your degrees. And, I think that's why my degree is still not posted and not showing on unofficial transcript. As my OPT is going to expired soon, I will have to file for extension within a week. What can be done in this matter? Can I file for OPT extension with unofficial transcript without degree posted but with the letter from University/Department mentioning that I have completed all the requirements? And, If that's the case, it will take 80-90 days to approve my OPT extension, mean while can I submit the necessary documents to USCIS.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanking you in advance...

• 1 year later...

I am in the same situation. My OPT Started on Dec 2011, but could not graduate due to incomplete project work. I was working full time from then and finished my Project on OCT 19 2012. My opt expires on 12th Dec 2012 and have applied for extension without degree. However I have attached letter from registrar, grad school and department chairmen that I have completed all my course requirements and awaiting official confederation of degree scheduled on Dec 15 2012. I have attached my latest transcript also. Can you please guide how did you OPT get extended. I am very anxious now and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Archived