EB3 To EB2 Ported Successfully

sadboy

I did a EB3 to EB2 transfer successfully.

My new I140 shows the old priority date, I was able to capture my old PD and my A# is also the same on the new EB2 I-140 application.

My lawyer says we do not need to do an "INTERFILE" as my PD is current.

Is that correct?

How long does it take to get the GC after the approved I-140.

What do I need to do or what is that I can do to know that the 485 is processed?

Joe F/Belle/Others please kindly share your thoughts

Belle thanks for your reply...

"Yes Correct"..does that mean that the INS will pick it up automatically?

Also

How long does it take to get the GC after the approved I-140.

What do I need to do or what is that I can do to know that the 485 is processed?

• 3 weeks later...

Belle et all took infopass and then created service request on the phone.

CR told me that Nebraska was requesting my file from Texas.

How long does this process take?

Will this create an issue with my GC processing.

Kindly help....

Case Background:

Applied at Texas Service Center:

EB3 140 and 485

Applied at Nebraska Service Center:

EB2 140 with date successfully ported.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sadboy:

Belle et all took infopass and then created service request on the phone.

CR told me that Nebraska was requesting my file from Texas.

How long does this process take?

Will this create an issue with my GC processing.

Kindly help....

Case Background:

Applied at Texas Service Center:

EB3 140 and 485

Applied at Nebraska Service Center:

EB2 140 with date successfully ported.

Sadboy, Got your GC? What isthe latest update.

Just got EB2 I140 approved with the old EB3 PD. My laywer says he is going to send a letter along with the latest I-140 approval(waiting for the mail) to initiate the review of the pending I485 file.

But the discussion here says that this is something we can do it ourselves. what has happened with your service request & GC.

Sadboy, Got your GC? What is the latest update.

Just got EB2 I140 approved with the old EB3 PD. My laywer says he is going to send a letter along with the latest I-140 approval(waiting for the mail) to initiate the review of the pending I485 file.

But the discussion here says that this is something we can do it ourselves. what has happened with your service request & GC.

Tom76:

Nope not yet got my GC.

Took infopass appointment and got more information on my case, case is still waiting to be approved.

Opened Service Request on the phone and waiting for reply. Have taken another infopass appt for next week.

Keeping fingers crossed.

sadboy:

It'd be kind enough if u cud let me know if u had LUD changed for EB3 140 during EB2 140 approval. I'm in same boat but yet to receive EB2 140 approval notice, and we had submitted request to port PD during filing on EB2 140.

These days interfiling takes 45-60 days else raise SR. Good Luck u'll be greened soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"I am in the same boat as yours, my i140 just approved from NSC and the old 140 / 485 is at TSC. Could you please advice the steps you took to get my I485 approved?. "

@itzsaty : Please wait and watch. NSC probably will request the file from TSC. In my case NSC service center requested it 3 times and it was finally sent there however there will be a slight delay since your 485 is filed in TSC. Once received by NSC then its a matter of days before your application is approved.

On the other hand you might want to take an infopass and check the status. In addition to the infopass opening a SR can help,however SR has a time window of 30 days for a reply to be received (generally the reply comes before 30 days). If you open up SR make sure that the SR is opened with a second level cust rep.

Good Luck!!!

@itzsaty

"1) what question / reason you had raised the Service Request for?."

Initially Took Infopass, no information.

Raised SR stating about what's happening with the case.

Waited about 2 weeks took Infopass and then asked them the case, got a reply that NSC is requesting the file from TSC.

Waited about 2 more weeks got the 1st SR reply that we will send you a decision in 30 days.

Raised another SR to find out the case status.

Took Infopass , got answer that case has been assigned to an officer.

Waited for another 2-3 weeks got reply for the other SR that we will let you know the decision.

After 2 more weeks "Greened".

2) How long did it take for the entire process?. Just curious.

about 6-8 weeks. Yours may be faster in case your spouse did not apply for 485. My spouse applied after I had become current , my 485 was filed in 2007 and hers in June 2011 after PD became current.

In case u r not in the same boat then approx time taken will be about 6 weeks.

I know how it feels but u'll be greened soon.

Sadboy,

I finally got an email from USCIS that my application was moved from NSC to TSC on aug 24th.

My EB3 485 was applied at NSC, but my EB2 I140 was approved in TSC.

Looks like you had similar thing happen to you. I wanted to know how long did it take after you got to know that it was transferred to you getting your green card? Also when you got your's, did your spouse get it as well?

@ itzsaty

@Jambo,

1) How long it took for you to get it transferred?.

I had to reapply my perm and I140. It took 9 months.

2) How did you know that it got transferred?

When my EB2 I140 got approved, it had the priority date from my previous application

3) What steps you have taken so far?.

Since I have already applied for my 485 earlier, I am just waiting now for the final approval

@Jambo,

Sorry i should i have stated my questions better.

1) How long did it take to get your 485 case transferred from one Service Center to another?. (i am in the same boat).

2) What steps you took after your new I-140 is approved with old date to interfile and get your new I-485 approved.

@Abbaraju

Looks like Yes. Because the L2 rep said she is sending an email and creating SR to interlink the new 140.

But i have also sent an email to EBUPDATE.Tsc@dhs.gov with a proper format. Also my attorney has sent an interfiling letter.

Archived