Ideas? How to move EB3 forward

tkj1970

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless the required law is passed to increase the quota and to make much needed Immigration reforms, there will not be significant forward movement in EB3 or EB2.

But we can put forth some interim measures and lobby for these.

A temporary Green Card may be issued to those whose case has been pre-adjudicated, but waiting for a visa number to become available. It may also be issued to those who have waitied in line for 5+ years. The temporary GC should give its holder most of the privileges that Permanent GC holders enjoy - travel benefits, Financial aid in colleges, etc.

Originally posted by Illinois_Dude:

1) Person ABC passed out from a USA University with a Master Degree in 2004. He Started working for 2 years in the IT sector, and applied for his GC in EB2 category in March 2006.

2) Person XYZ has a 3 years Bachelor Degree, and has more than 10 years of experience in the IT sector. He applied for his GC in EB3 category in March 2006.

Most of the time the "10 years experience" of person XYZ is questionable..I mean did he start working in IT after 10th grade ???

Why is it questionable ? In more cases than you can imagine, folks have genuine experience. It is a small minority who fake their experience ... just the way "some" international students illegaly work.

Do you think that the Indian IT giants do not conduct a background verification ? You have to learn a lot.

Originally posted by pernalguy:

I have been working since 13 years on H1B. Shouldn't I be automatically considered as a Citizen?

Not to beat a dead horse but this is one of the classic cases to say that the current immigration system is flawed in this country given the current circumstances. The total validity period of an H1B is 6 years. This person has now worked 13 years on H1B, I am supposing by filing extensions based on a pending GC. That is more than twice the intended 6 year period and still counting.

Don't get me wrong, I am not putting this person down or his right to continue to work on H1B. I am just saying it is ironic that H1B has a defined validity period and yet could be extended infinitely...

The bottom line is that the country gets to decide who it wants to give permanent residence. It may have nothing to education, work (relatives, for example) or anything else for that matter. If there is a preference for advanced degrees, then there is a preference for advanced degrees. If you want to waste your time fighting it, then you can waste your time all you want.

Originally posted by chakrakr:

1) Person ABC passed out from a USA University with a Master Degree in 2004. He Started working for 2 years in the IT sector, and applied for his GC in EB2 category in March 2006.

2) Person XYZ has a 3 years Bachelor Degree, and has more than 10 years of experience in the IT sector. He applied for his GC in EB3 category in March 2006.

Most of the time the "10 years experience" of person XYZ is questionable..I mean did he start working in IT after 10th grade ???

Why is it questionable ? In more cases than you can imagine, folks have genuine experience. It is a small minority who fake their experience ... just the way "some" international students illegaly work.

Do you think that the Indian IT giants do not conduct a background verification ? You have to learn a lot.

Indeed.

10 years of experience cannot replace MS or PhD degree

It really depends on the case by case. But if you will always see that more experience people are preferred than freshers with MS or PhD degrees.

I know what it takes to do MS or PhD but simply that cannot be substituted for the years of the work in the relevant industry.

For CIS , right. For real life -- dozens of PhD and hundreds of MS works for a drop out -- Bill Gates.

Or for Larry Ellison, who dropped out after one semester...

Oh really……………………..

Then what’s about Bill Gates (Microsoft Founder), Mark Zuckerberg (Face book Founder), Steve Jobs (Apple Founder), Michael Dell (Dell Founder) etc. Forget about a MS, or PHD degree, these people did not even complete the course. In that case, do not the MS and PHD degree holders feel shame to work in those companies founded by college dropouts? So I am tweaking your sentence, you can never replace 10 years of relevant experience with anything in the world. You may have 10 MS degrees, and 5 PhDs in multiple disciplines, but that will not take into account when you apply for a job or how you perform in the job. Learning theories, and working in real-life is totally different. Come out from your dream.

…………..so you should feel happy that the 3 year degree person is atleast being considered for EB3..

Come on man. USCIS does not consider an applicant for EB3, just to make them happy. They are considered after verifying the credentials.

EB3s,

We just need to push USCIS to change the approach and ask them to consider number of years of experience, education, number of years in USA as criteria to allocation of unused numbers.

Let's figure out the best way to reach the right person in USCIS

Any ideas?

[This message was edited by Admin on April 19, 2011 at 09:58 AM.]

Originally posted by tkj1970:

Hi EB3s,

I am sure you all will agree that many of the EB3s are more eligible to get their 485's processed, but is stuck in age old laws. We should push for allocating the unused visa numbers equally among the three categories or depending on demand.

We should brain storm for ideas and see how to bring this in front of USCIS policy makers

Ideas?

One suggestion, since there are 2803 visas evenly available to each EB1, 2, 3, annually, in case of any unused visa numbers, like the 12000 left over from EB1 this time should be also evenly fall-down to EB2, 3, and proportionally to the rest EB4, 5...

For real life -- dozens of PhD and hundreds of MS works for a drop out -- Bill Gates

Jeez..I've heard this before..This is a very lame excuse..Bill Gates dropping out of Phd..Steve Jobs not having a degree..Einstein being a slow learner...Thomas Edison being a misfit in school...

I am talking about normal people..if they are indeed extraordinary then they would be beyond all this EB ****..So please stop these comparisons...

Archimedes ran naked in the streets after his discovery...Wanna emulate him as well ???

President Obama is interested in pushing the immigration reform agenda to the front-burner again. Perhaps the best time to lobby is now.

The point should be that there should be one bullet point to lobby the congress, not a wish list that panders to everyone's desires.

The most useful thing will be to go for a short-term increase in the number of EB immigrants per year for the next five years to reduce/eliminate backlog. In fact, this can be accomplished by capturing unused visa numbers from years past.

I have already contacted the senators from my state (MA) to indicate to them the need to reform the legal immigration system, and have suggested this one means to reduce backlog.

I suggest others contact their US senators and make a case. Then we can all hope that the legislators will act :)

The US prefers EB1 and THEN EB2 and THEN EB3.

I think it is pretty clear.

US wants to treat education and experience from a third world country questionable. I think they are right in that. Most degree certificates can be faked and experience can be faked.

Ofcourse there are exceptions everywhere.

If you want EB2, get a US education and be better qualified. Simple.

Originally posted by tkj1970:

EB3s,

Dont pay attention to these Belle, JoeF etc. Let's look for solutions and what we can do.

We just need to push USCIS to change the approach and ask them to consider number of years of experience, education, number of years in USA as criteria to allocation of unused numbers.

Let's figure out the best way to reach the right person in USCIS

Any ideas?

Its possible only because Bill Gates is a USC.

If you are an alien and a drop out don't expect the same.

For CIS , right. For real life -- dozens of PhD and hundreds of MS works for a drop out -- Bill Gates.

Archived