Ideas? How to move EB3 forward

tkj1970

Hi EB3s,

I am sure you all will agree that many of the EB3s are more eligible to get their 485's processed, but is stuck in age old laws. We should push for allocating the unused visa numbers equally among the three categories or depending on demand.

We should brain storm for ideas and see how to bring this in front of USCIS policy makers

Ideas?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I am sure you all will agree that many of the EB3s are more eligible to get their 485's processed"

More than who? Why?

"We should push for allocating the unused visa numbers equally among the three categories or depending on demand."

Always nice to hear suggestions on how to grab a bigger share of the pie for yourself. You should take it straight to the Republicans - they will agree in a heartbeat that unused visa allocation is not fair and thus needs to be ended. For everyone. So that nobody feels left out of the $hitty deal.

Belle, do not jump to conclusion too soon. If you do not have an answer, just stay quiet. As you said wisely (or not), Republicans should follow this thread, and stop this kind of visa allocation, where the entire non-used visa numbers are going from Eb1 to Eb2, whereas it should have been distributed equally among all EB categories. If EB3 does not get it's equal share, then I would prefer the USCIS to dump the unused visa numbers, rather to do an injustice to other categories. So Belle, I hope that this time you will stay away from this thread, because we do not need your help here.

I was sarcastic when I talked about the Republicans. But if you want to shoot yourself in the foot, then go ahead and follow my [wise - LOL!!!] plan.

"because we do not need your help here."

I believe, you may have heard about Karma. The fewer people you alienate, the stonger it bites. EB3s against EB2 India and China - that's a perfect anti-immgrant wet dream.

Good luck!

Republicans do not allocate visas. It begs the question as to the feasibility of Immigration reform in the context of almost 10 % apparent unemployment and the answers may not be palatable to people. Only EB1..anyone?

The only way to Immigrate faster is to consider finding an EB2 position if applicable.

In a public forum one has no business telling any person to shut up

yeah belle, what were you thinking? as confirmed by raj123 we don't care about EB2 or anybody else for that matter. if we dont get something then nobody should get anything... because somehow we are "more eligible". in fact it is not fair that EB1 is current and EB3 is backed up. so lets abandon immigration and go back home.

hey raj123, get a PhD and move up the ladder. that's how it works. otherwise wait for your turn.

Originally posted by roul_raj123:

Belle, do not jump to conclusion too soon. If you do not have an answer, just stay quiet. As you said wisely (or not), Republicans should follow this thread, and stop this kind of visa allocation, where the entire non-used visa numbers are going from Eb1 to Eb2, whereas it should have been distributed equally among all EB categories. If EB3 does not get it's equal share, then I would prefer the USCIS to dump the unused visa numbers, rather to do an injustice to other categories. So Belle, I hope that this time you will stay away from this thread, because we do not need your help here.

Yeah..if I do not get it, I'll make sure no one else does. Great! Just what we want.

Who says EB2 does not get it's equal share. Just that it is severely backlogged. Once EB2 backlog is cleared and is current, all unused numbers roll to the next category which would be EB3.

Originally posted by vvhk:

Yeah..if I do not get it, I'll make sure no one else does. Great! Just what we want.

Who says EB2 does not get it's equal share. Just that it is severely backlogged. Once EB2 backlog is cleared and is current, all unused numbers roll to the next category which would be EB3.

It should say "Who says EB3 does not get....."

Originally posted by vvhk:

Yeah right newbies from EB2 get GC and people waiting in EB3 10+ years wait generously for another 10 years to see EB2 becoming current....

I personally feel that the classification into EB3 and EB2 is blurred, specially in the IT field. There is a lot of gray area in saying who is qualified for an EB2 vs who is not. The guidelines are there but in practice it is not straightforward. Don't get me wrong, there are always candidates/jobs who/which will fall into the clearer parts of this spectrum. But there are also candidates/jobs (and a lot of them) who/which will fall into the gray area.

This categorization feels outdated in the context of IT oriented jobs and in a world of consulting companies.

A better categorization, perhaps, would be to leave EB1 as is and combine EB2 and EB3. I say 'perhaps', so don't lash out on me because I haven't done a thorough analysis of such a change!!

"A better categorization, perhaps, would be to leave EB1 as is and combine EB2 and EB3. I say 'perhaps', so don't lash out on me because I haven't done a thorough analysis of such a change!!"

That's not the problem. The problem is that 140K visas a year is not enough to cover everyone. Do you want to spend your time advocating rollup of EB2 and EB3, or do you want to spend your time and address the issue at hand (increasing quotas is just one way, but there are other, more creative ways to reduce backlogs for everyone)?

It's the same question why IV can't get 5,000 signatures to sign off on submitting petitions before dates are current - it is a very narrow issue, and does nothing to solve immigration problem even for EBs, let alone for everyone else. It's a waste of everyone's time. Just being honest.

Originally posted by StressedAbtGC:

Combine EB2 and EB3.

I agree with your comment. Recently a house maid got a GC under EB3. Qualification: none. A lot of IT pros have applied in EB3 and they are struggling. What a pathetic immigration system. Don't you guys think it's outdated and need some clean-up job? Obama is busy with budget and re-election.

Well Guys. Here's a classic example.

Person reporting to the person reporting to me got GC recently. He filed 4 years after me.

I know you will say that I am not supposed to be in EB3, but that's where the absurdity of the laws.

Come on people , do you expect someone to stuck in the same job role after 10 years.

I suggest all of us should write to USCIS. I already did. We are just asking for a fare share.

That's not the problem. The problem is that 140K visas a year is not enough to cover everyone. Do you want to spend your time advocating rollup of EB2 and EB3, or do you want to spend your time and address the issue at hand (increasing quotas is just one way, but there are other, more creative ways to reduce backlogs for everyone)?.

I don't disagree with you. It is obvious that the quota is not enough. I was merely commenting on the point of discussion (dare I say contention? :-)) that EB3s don't get the trickle downs until EB2s are taken care off.

Again, waste of time. The procedure of what the categories are and how overflow is going is described in the laws. So, unless you change the laws (i.e. a bill would be approved by both House and Senate and signed by the President), nothing is going to happen.

Immigrants vs immigrants. NumbersUSA can't be happier. That's how they want you to waste your efforts.

Clearly, instead of focusing on finding a solution, we are busy finding faults. As Belle put it, that is the best way to fritter our energies on useless issues.

Problem is the numbers per year, and the solution is to increase the 140K to something larger - if not for the indefinite future, at least for the next 5 years to reduce the backlog. Another solution could be to not count dependents (derivatives) against the 140K.

Lobbying the congress for these will achieve a broad-based support, as it benefits all. No point in trying to undermine EB2 or (pardon the expression) overmine EB3... these will get us nowhere...

Originally posted by rs_1973:

Lobbying the congress for these will achieve a broad-based support, as it benefits all. No point in trying to undermine EB2 or (pardon the expression) overmine EB3... these will get us nowhere...

Indeed.

A thousand people having a thousand different self-interests results in everything canceling each other out. Nothing will improve that way.

Only if people learn to look at the big picture, at things that help all, like a CIR, then things will change.

Until then, everybody rants about their own self interest and achieves nothing.

No future in EB-3 guaranteed, unless laws are changed. EB-2 maybe some future, but not good enough either since EB-3 to EB-2 jumping will slow down things. Only EB-1 has something good to offer for now. Unless laws change there're no good solutions to the endless wait. Laws won't change unless unemployment comes down. What Belle said is right!

Originally posted by JoeF:

Only if people learn to look at the big picture, at things that help all, like a CIR, then things will change.

I can definitely get on board with the AILA advocated CIR regarding EB based GCs. It actually goes one step further than merging EB2 and EB3. It says merge all EBs and have no cap at all. Let the market dictate that quota, for skilled workers. No quota, no categorization.

I have nothing against any particular categories e.g. EB1, EB2 etc, but I am against all those tactics that are played by some people with vested interests to jump to a particular preferred categories like EB2 in this instance to get their green cards faster. Take this example:

1) Person ABC passed out from a USA University with a Master Degree in 2004. He Started working for 2 years in the IT sector, and applied for his GC in EB2 category in March 2006.

2) Person XYZ has a 3 years Bachelor Degree, and has more than 10 years of experience in the IT sector. He applied for his GC in EB3 category in March 2006.

3) Both of them work for the same company with the same role, and obviously person XYZ is in a better shape compared to Person ABC, based on the Technology point of view, because of his vast experience.

4) Company applied EB2 category for Person ABC by taking advantage of his Master’s degree, by creating a new role, whereas actually he is working as the same role as person XYZ.

Result: Person ABC got his GC in 2011, and Person XYZ is still waiting in languish to obtain his GC, which might take another 10 years in the current EB3 scenario.

If this is not called in-justice, then we are not living in a civilized society. And the truth is that, this is the absolute truth, in the IT sector for most of EB2 visa applicants. Of course there are persons, who are themselves beneficiary of such biased system, so they can never digest this simple truth, and those people will always try to defend their wrong-doings.

Originally posted by tkj1970:

In one way if you look at it, this is discrimination - just like the African Americans were not allowed to take the front seats of public transportation buses.

Oh boy.

In more than one way, you need to learn about these things before making a fool of yourself.

Can I work freely in your country? If not, isn't that "racism", according to your definition?

Can I own real estate in your country, as a non-citizen? Can I own farm land in your country? etc. etc. etc.

1) Person ABC passed out from a USA University with a Master Degree in 2004. He Started working for 2 years in the IT sector, and applied for his GC in EB2 category in March 2006.

2) Person XYZ has a 3 years Bachelor Degree, and has more than 10 years of experience in the IT sector. He applied for his GC in EB3 category in March 2006.

Most of the time the "10 years experience" of person XYZ is questionable..I mean did he start working in IT after 10th grade ???

Person ABC may have worked only a few a years after masters but his experience is 100% verifiable..

get the point now ?

Archived