Planning for H1B stamping in mexico

rkarthik4

Hi,

I came to US in Jan-2011 on my old H1B visa and a new petition(which is approved till 2013...even my I-94 card reflects till 2013). That visa got expired in Aug. Now i am planning to go to mexico for stamping...am looking at couple of places and one of them is Tijuana.

I work in EVC model and i work for a state Government project. So, is it the better time to go to stamping or do i need to wait till next year to get my w2 forms.Please, let me know your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Karthik.

No body can tell whether the situations will improve or get worsened.

If there is no big reason travelling to India , then dont go for stamping till you have the real big reason.

If it is mandatory to go to India, take a chance in Mexico . I am doing that this September.

As long as you have no issues with pay checks and client related questions/documents , Go for it.

Be it Tijuana , Nogales or Matamoros .

One final word I say is Luck factor plays a vital role .

If you are desperate to work in US , then dont go for stamping.

If you think , what ever happens you are ready to accept it , then go for it in Mexico

Originally posted by rkarthik4:

I work in EVC model and i work for a state Government project. So, is it the better time to go to stamping or do i need to wait till next year to get my w2 forms.Please, let me know your valuable suggestions.

~~ My personal opinion : Unless extremely urgent ; wait till you file your returns and then go.

Regards,

Karthik.

Archived