Tijuana Visa Experience

visaexperience

Tijuana Visa Experience

Hi I know lot of people might be looking for Tijuana Visa experience. I had my visa on Aug 15,16, 17th and I would like to share my experience

To get a visa in Tijuana you need to spare minimum of 3 days

Day 1: Photo capture and Finger printing (ASC Appointment)

Day 2: Visa Interview

Day 3: Passport collection

I Started on Sunday as I have an 11am appointment next day. Reached San Diego by air on Sunday, you have multiple options to go to San ysidro (Border).

Option1: Take a Bus 992 purchase a day pass of $5, get down at Broadway & Kettner intersection cross the road take a blue line trolley to San ysidro, day pass which you bought in the bus will work. You will have a trolley for every 15 mins, time of journey will be 45 mins. For schedule refer to www.sdmts.com

Option2: take a taxi they will charge you 54$

I opted for option 1 .

Crossing the Border: You will see a bridge once you get down trolley towards your left, just walk across that you will be in Mexico. If your stay is less than 72 hours in Mexico no need of Visa, if you know that you are going to stay more than that you need to get a permit and Immigration officials will stamp on your passport, but you have to make sure you return this permit when you are back.

Once you get this you will cross the gates and enter into Mexico, lot of yellow cabs will be waiting outside. Most of the people speak English, if not show them the hotel address they will drop you in there. I stayed at Marriott as everyone speak English there. Before getting into taxi make sure they have a title plate to the taxi and the taxi is either yellow taxi, Green&white, orange &white.. Don’t get into red taxis…

Took a taxi and dropped at hotel

Day1: My appointment with ASC was at 11, I just took a chance and reached there by 9, it was like 6 mins from my hotel. Luckily they let me in and figure printing and photo capture was done in like10 mins. All you need is Appointment Confirmation letter, Proof of payment of visa fees, Passport

Day2: My appointment with Consulate was at 10, I again wanted to take a chance and reached there by 8, it was like 14 mins from my hotel. Luckily they let me in by 8:20.

Step1: Your documents will be verified outside, token will be given

Step2: Security Check

Step3: Token number called, Visa officer asked my I797A and checked something in computer. she asked me to go for finger print verification

Step4: Finger Print verification will be done in another line, it is for all individuals who are having visa in Tijuana

Step 5: Token Number will be called for Visa Interview

VO: Why are you here

Me:H1B

VO: Do you what happens if visa is rejected?

Me: I said yes, I need to go back for India for visa stamping

VO: Show me you’re H1B Packet while applying for H1B

Me: Submitted all documents (LCA, H1B application)

VO: Took some time to review that, what you do in your company

Me: Explained

VO: Where is your work location?

VO: even though you know that you have to leave India if visa is rejected y did u came here

VO:Do you have a Mexican Permit

Me: Yes

VO: why did you took Mexican permit when you don’t need it

Me: If you give me 221G form I will have an option to go back to USA

VO: Ok your Visa is approved, come and collect your passport tomorrow at 2:30

Me: Thank you

Day3: Passport Collection, we need to go back to US Consulate around 2:30 they will announce the names you can go directly go there and collect your passport. You will select the DHL Location while booking the appointment, its of no use for now.

I reached border directly from Conuslate. I see a Big huge line to cross the border. I ignored the line and crossed the bridge to return the Mexican permit in the same location stamped on my passport.

We don’t have to stand in Huge Line as we will be getting the I94, so just keep walking and approach the US border gate, Office will let you in with separate entry, once you entered you will see a building on right side, go and get I94 there you have to pay 6$ and keep walking and clear the customs that’s it you will be in USA.

Feel free to reach me for any questions

Incredible man...thats awesome..cool..congrats visa exp..did you go for the first time or is it renewal?

I have seen your other posts too..and i guess this is the first time change of status from F1 to h1b right?

cool ..so do u suggest us to go to Tijuana? how good is the success rate buddy? did u go alone or were u with anyone else?

Its some relief for guys like us who are perplexed to go to india and get stuck there...

VO: even though you know that you have to leave India if visa is rejected y did u came here

This is most toughest question..I would have bailed out if some one asks me this question..would you please mind sharing your answer with me..if you dont mind..that would be an immense help for me...i tried to give my personal ***** id over here but it is being edited for some reason..may be its one of the forum rules i guess....how can i get in touch with you..personally like ***** or *****...?

please respond..you would be doing a huge favor..if u do so..thanks man

Hi

Congratlulations for the Visa and your ability to answer few bummers from the VO . for ex : why didnt you go to India . Why did you take Mexican permit

A very detailed experience infact. Thanks once again. . I am planning to go to Matamoros. I know each and every case is different. But do you have any suggestion/tips that you would liek to share .

Gracias and Adios Amigo :)

Hi, I assume this was an H1 renewal. If so, where did you get your original H1 visa stamped? Was it in India?

The Tijuana website says this

"Applicants who obtained their current visa in a country other than that of their legal residence"

Does that mean, if my original H1 visa is stamped in Mexico, I can not go there for renewal?

I would appreciate if you could shed some light on this part of your post;

"If you give me 221G form I will have an option to go back to USA"

I am attending on 1st sept, your reply would really be helpful.

Thanks,

S

Originally posted by visaexperience:

Tijuana Visa Experience

Hi I know lot of people might be looking for Tijuana Visa experience. I had my visa on Aug 15,16, 17th and I would like to share my experience

I Started on Sunday as I have an 11am appointment next day. Reached San Diego by air on Sunday, you have multiple options to go to San ysidro (Border).

Option1: Take a Bus 992 purchase a day pass of $5, get down at Broadway & Kettner intersection cross the road take a blue line trolley to San ysidro, day pass which you bought in the bus will work. You will have a trolley for every 15 mins, time of journey will be 45 mins. For schedule refer to www.sdmts.com

I opted for option 1 .

Crossing the Border: You will see a bridge once you get down trolley towards your left, just walk across that you will be in Mexico. If your stay is less than 72 hours in Mexico no need of Visa, if you know that you are going to stay more than that you need to get a permit and Immigration officials will stamp on your passport, but you have to make sure you return this permit when you are back.

Once you get this you will cross the gates and enter into Mexico, lot of yellow cabs will be waiting outside. Most of the people speak English, if not show them the hotel address they will drop you in there. I stayed at Marriott as everyone speak English there. Before getting into taxi make sure they have a title plate to the taxi and the taxi is either yellow taxi, Green&white, orange &white.. Don’t get into red taxis…

Day1: My appointment with ASC was at 11, I just took a chance and reached there by 9, it was like 6 mins from my hotel. Luckily they let me in and figure printing and photo capture was done in like10 mins. All you need is Appointment Confirmation letter, Proof of payment of visa fees, Passport

Day2: My appointment with Consulate was at 10, I again wanted to take a chance and reached there by 8, it was like 14 mins from my hotel. Luckily they let me in by 8:20.

Step3: Token number called, Visa officer asked my I797A and checked something in computer. she asked me to go for finger print verification

Step4: Finger Print verification will be done in another line, it is for all individuals who are having visa in Tijuana

Day3: Passport Collection, we need to go back to US Consulate around 2:30 they will announce the names you can go directly go there and collect your passport. You will select the DHL Location while booking the appointment, its of no use for now.

I reached border directly from Conuslate. I see a Big huge line to cross the border. I ignored the line and crossed the bridge to return the Mexican permit in the same location stamped on my passport.

We don’t have to stand in Huge Line as we will be getting the I94, so just keep walking and approach the US border gate, Office will let you in with separate entry, once you entered you will see a building on right side, go and get I94 there you have to pay 6$ and keep walking and clear the customs that’s it you will be in USA.

Originally posted by indiagrad:

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. When you were asked, why you took the chance to go to Tijuana knowing that if rejected you had to go to India, what was your response? Please share. It will be helpful for others.

HCR

I told that i had all legal documents which i needed for my stamping, and im following all the H1b rules and regulations from the first day of my H1B, by paying all legal taxes and changing my LCA whenever i change my job location. I would think there must be a strong reason to reject my visa, if i would have to face the rejection, i will go to india with the same documentation which i have it now.

VO: Smiled..

Originally posted by lost_immigrant:

Incredible man...thats awesome..cool..congrats visa exp..did you go for the first time or is it renewal?

I have seen your other posts too..and i guess this is the first time change of status from F1 to h1b right?

cool ..so do u suggest us to go to Tijuana? how good is the success rate buddy? did u go alone or were u with anyone else?

Its some relief for guys like us who are perplexed to go to india and get stuck there...

This is my H1b Extension and i did my first time H1b stamping in India, i think mexico doesn't accepts first time H1b Visa. I'm not Sure whether Canada accepts of changing from F1 to h1B

Originally posted by lost_immigrant:

This is most toughest question..I would have bailed out if some one asks me this question..would you please mind sharing your answer with me..if you dont mind..that would be an immense help for me...i tried to give my personal ***** id over here but it is being edited for some reason..may be its one of the forum rules i guess....how can i get in touch with you..personally like ***** or *****...?

please respond..you would be doing a huge favor..if u do so..thanks man

Responded in the same thread...

Originally posted by vmme:

Thank you so much for posting your experience!

I will be going for mine September 5th or around that!

Do you work in the EVC model? No W2s were asked?

Was your previous visa valid and canceled or no?

No I dont work for EVC Model, im a fulltime employee. When they issue a new visa they put a stamp which says " Cancelled without Prejudice".

Originally posted by vmme:

Thank you so much for posting your experience!

I will be going for mine September 5th or around that!

Do you work in the EVC model? No W2s were asked?

Was your previous visa valid and canceled or no?

I'm a fulltime employee. He didn't asked anything about W2s all that stuff. Previous Valid visa will be stamped "Cancelled with out Prejudice"

Originally posted by Desperate123:

Hi

Congratlulations for the Visa and your ability to answer few bummers from the VO . for ex : why didnt you go to India . Why did you take Mexican permit

A very detailed experience infact. Thanks once again. . I am planning to go to Matamoros. I know each and every case is different. But do you have any suggestion/tips that you would liek to share .

Gracias and Adios Amigo :)

If you are going to mexico, get small words like food, eating, vegetarian, etc.. converted to Spanish and take a print out, or use Google Translator. Mexicans can read spanish easily, so try to carry print out of hotel address, Embassy address etc...Once you complete the interview try to get out ASAP, I heard that there is a chance of interrogation to you if you talk with the people who are waiting for their visa interview.

Originally posted by ssr_5552003:

Thanks,

S

Tijuana Visa Experience

I opted for option 1 .

What i mean is. I have a valid visa for 2 more months, if i have a valid mexican permit and if Visa officer gives me a 221(g) i have an option of getting back to usa for responding to the query. If i dont have mexican permit i cannot enter back, i need to go to india and respond to query

Hi

You need a mexican visa , if your existing visa is expired.

I jsut applied for mexican visa today . Process is very simple. Just a walk in . No prior appointment necesaary .

I called mexican consulate on friday in san jose and asked how to get a visa and what docs do i need to get .

They asked me to get following docs [ Both original and photocopy ]

a. I 797

b. Passports [ Old and New ]

c. Last 3 months pay stubs [ or 6 paystuns if you are getting paid bi-weekly]

d. 2 photographs [ 2 inch X 2 inch like us visa should eb good ]

e. A letter from your employer with joining date and annaul salary

f. US consulate visa appointment in mexico [ one copy ]

I submitted all these docs today .

See asked me to come on wednesday so that they can stamp my passport.

Originally posted by Desperate123:

So nice fo you to respond to everyone's questions here.

I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

In a way , you are providing a moral support with thsi gesture.

All the best for everything @visa experience.

Take it easy,

Thanks Buddy. I thought it might be helpful as we are going to non english speaking country to do one of the big task in our lifetime.. Hopefully this might help and get their visa done with out any problem

Originally posted by ssr_5552003:

Thanks,

S

Tijuana Visa Experience

I opted for option 1 .

What i mean is. I have a valid visa for 2 more months, if i have a valid mexican permit and if Visa officer gives me a 221(g) i have an option of getting back to usa for responding to the query. If i dont have mexican permit i cannot enter back, i need to go to india and respond to query

Yes you are right for the first part. As per my attorney even second part is right but the catch here is sometimes it depends on Visa officer. He might ask you to go to India, sometimes the dont.

Originally posted by Shadow16:

I came to USA on F1 and later went to canada for my first time H1B stamping which expired on sep 2009. Now i am planning to Tijuana mexico for visa renewal. Can someone please let me know if i am eliglible for H1B renewal in Tijuana as i have went to Mexico stamping...

If im not wrong you cannot go to mexico, but get a confirmation on this if you are deciding on going to mexico. You can also reach out to mexico consulate which is in sanjose and get a confirmation

Originally posted by sagrock:

VisaExperience,

Congrats Dude and thanks alot for sharing your experience!

I have 2 questions for you, please help me out!

1. PIMS : Did you submitted your docs on prior to the appointment? Is that necessary?

2. Mexican Visa: How can we get a Mexican visa?

-Sagar

1) I have sent a email to Tijuana consulate but they said it is already registered in PIMS. When you apply for your H1b extension if you attorney request USCIS to send a copy of approval to PIMS it should be already there, that is what it happened to me

2) if you are traveling by air you need to get it stamped on your visa ahead of time by reaching out to mexican consulate in USA. If you are traveling by ship/road before crossing the usa border you will have a small room go there and ask them they will issue a multiple entry mexican permit. Generally you cross the steel rods to get into mexico, get the mexican permit before crossing that

• 3 weeks later...

Archived