H4 221 g Blue Slip Administrative Processing

nageshkumardg

Hi,

My wife went to India on 19th jan and apeared for Visa interview on 20th jan. they handed over her 221g green. Now my employer have everything ready, but my end client (EVC) is not giving me the end client. Actually through middle I got a email saying that End client cannot give me any letter.

what are the options for me now?

Regards

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

My wife went to India on 19th jan and apeared for Visa interview on 20th jan. they handed over her 221g green. Now my employer have everything ready, but my end client (EVC) is not giving me the end client. Actually through middle I got a email saying that End client cannot give me any letter.

what are the options for me now?

Regards

hi sshahab2008, in which consulate your wife applied for your h4 visa??? what are the doc requested in 221g?

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on my previous posts in this thread regarding my wife's first time H4 visa application at the Kolkata consulate that was put under 221g administrative processing. Also want to add that I work for a US pharma company (non IT) and she is from a non-bio background. Overall, the processing of her case took ~13 months with no additional documents requested at any time.

Type of visa: First time H4 (Kolkata consulate)

Date of interview: Feb 23, 2011

Slip issued: 221g Pink slip (no additional documents requested)

Date visa issued: Feb 13, 2012

For those stuck in this uncertain stage, from my earlier posts you will see that I had tried all the options (contacting consulate, DOS, lawyer, local Congressman and state Senator). Not much can be done in "expediting" the case. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

@saif007 - Congratulations and thanks for the advice.

My wife and 2 yr old kid went to Mumbai consulate for a visa interview on Feb 27th. The office was apparently in an indifferent mood. Started by asking to give 'proof' that I am working with the company I said in the form. She gave the letter and salary slips etc. He then found something mismatching in the salary slips and W2 for few months in 2011 where I worked with current employer. (I had been on L1A until November and switched to H1B via consulting company). My Nov salary was from previous company which he apparently didn't understand or didn't intend to.

Gave green 221g anyway, asking for -

- Employer's 2 year tax and financial statements,

- all his employees (with names, locations, salaries),

- client letter, project description,

- my tax return for 2011,

- my bank statements for 2011 and salary slips for 2011.

I am working towards getting the documents. Hopefully after sending it will not be very very long.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, my wife and daugher (20 months) had gone for stamping on the 27th of Feb. She was given a 221g blue with documents for employer and some for me required. Problem is she was only given 1 form with my wife's barcode on it. We submitted all the documents on the 13th of March and are now waiting.

My question is, do I have to submit anything separately for my daughter? What if they eventually ask for passports but only give visa to my wife as all documentation is with her reference?

Guys, my wife and daugher (20 months) had gone for stamping on the 27th of Feb. She was given a 221g blue with documents for employer and some for me required. Problem is she was only given 1 form with my wife's barcode on it. We submitted all the documents on the 13th of March and are now waiting.

My question is, do I have to submit anything separately for my daughter? What if they eventually ask for passports but only give visa to my wife as all documentation is with her reference?

I got a mail asking to submit passport today. Again I am not sure what they will do for the Visa of my daughter as all the processing was done with wife's application as reference.

Can someone please share their experiences?

Hi Rite_0074u

I dont think i will be able to answer your quetion , but please can you let me know what they mentioned in the email, because my wife H4 is also in admin processing yesterday the sent a email 'This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the VFS office in Hyderabad for further processing of your case.' is this the same content you got in the email

thank you in advance

@Svb_H4 - The content of the letter can vary but it basically means the same thing. It looks like ur visa is also about to be stamped.

My mail says the following:

Dear Madam:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Regards

Mumbai NIV/lp

@Svb_H4 - The content of the letter can vary but it basically means the same thing. It looks like ur visa is also about to be stamped.

My mail says the following:

Dear Madam:

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Regards

Mumbai NIV/lp

Thank you for the response ,Rite_0074u.

Hi Folks.... My wife case is little different but falls under the same category of 221G blue slip for H4. My wife initially attended for H1B interview @hyd they issued her 221G for h1 asking for more company documents, affidavit and so on **** things any company not willing to supply (to make hard on employer and employee part). After submitting the documents and waited for few months and no progress and withdrew the h1b application as my wife and 10months old baby stuck in Indoa for 6 long months (Insane i would say) so we scheduled h4 interview. She attended the interview recently with US born citizen baby. The VO asked is your baby US born citizen and my wife replied yes... then next immediate answer from VO was .. your H4 is approved.. All happy.. she was about to leave the consulate they called her back stating that you need to sign the H1B withdrawal form then they issued her a 221G blue slip for H4 (asking my h1b documents which was submitted for USCIS)... how does the decision changed from approved to 221G within the withdrawal of H1b applicaiton......

submitting the documents as requested... have to wait and see how things goes.. will come here and update for sure for others benefit so we people in the same situation can gauge the unnecessary wait-time for H4 (which got already hell lot of restrictions in US once they land here....) Its just the revolution US consulate set and we just got to follow.....

Hi

HelpNeeded_Please

I was on H1-b in US and came to India for marriage and got stuck due to H1 stamping since last 14 months.

Me and my attorney have submitted all required documents but my case is still pending under 221g.

Now i am planning to apply for H4 based on my wife's H1.

what should i do to withdraw pending H1 application with consulate ?

I get advice from attorney they said "You dont need to do anything with your pending H1 application, just schedule an appointment for H4 and go for interview",.....

I contact another lawyer they said "You can send an email to consulate and take copy with you OR you can withdraw your pending H1 application prior to your H4 interview"........

I am getting confused what to do? PLZ HELP............ Thanks in Advance .!!!

Thnx

-- R1212.

Hi R1212,

I don't want to give you wrong information. I think there is no specific rules of withdrawing the current visa application. At least I did not find that information any official site (VFS or USCIS site). What we did was, We sent the email to VFS to withdraw our H1B application and return our documents (as they kept the passport and all the original documents) after sending the email, We had to follow up to that email for over 1.5month (sent email 3times with 3-4 weeks time gap) then finally we receive the email from consulate stating, Please come to consulate at 2pm any day with that email and need to sign the withdrawal document , soon after we confirming to that email stating that my wife will come on Thursday next week, They replied back stating that you don't have to come twice as you are planning to apply for H4 you can do both at the same time. So when my went for H4 visa they initially said to my wife... you H4 is approved and soon they realized that she need to sign the withdrawal of H1B application... they issued her 221G Blue slip H4...... So, this is our case... I read on forums that some people did not withdrew the current application instead they applied for different visa and some got the approval without any issues.... I think there is not set of rules written anywhere on the official site on how to withdraw the application.... Good Luck!!

Hi

HelpNeeded_Please

I was on H1-b in US and came to India for marriage and got stuck due to H1 stamping since last 14 months.

Me and my attorney have submitted all required documents but my case is still pending under 221g.

Now i am planning to apply for H4 based on my wife's H1.

what should i do to withdraw pending H1 application with consulate ?

I get advice from attorney they said "You dont need to do anything with your pending H1 application, just schedule an appointment for H4 and go for interview",.....

I contact another lawyer they said "You can send an email to consulate and take copy with you OR you can withdraw your pending H1 application prior to your H4 interview"........

I am getting confused what to do? PLZ HELP............ Thanks in Advance .!!!

Thnx

-- R1212.

Hi all,

My wife apperaed for H4 visa interview on Apr 5 2012.

VO gave green slip and returned the passport with additional documents to be submitted at VFS.

-Bank statements for 2008-2011

I closed that particular bank account in 2009, so getting the statements for that 2 years is very difficult.I have statements for he rest of the years 2009-2011.

Is it ok to submit the documents or to get the statements and submit b'coz its almost 3 weeks she attended the interview.

Pls kindly help me in that point.

Pls.

Hi all,

My wife apperaed for H4 visa interview on Apr 5 2012.

VO gave green slip and returned the passport with additional documents to be submitted at VFS.

-Bank statements for 2008-2011

I closed that particular bank account in 2009, so getting the statements for that 2 years is very difficult.I have statements for he rest of the years 2009-2011.

Is it ok to submit the documents or to get the statements and submit b'coz its almost 3 weeks she attended the interview.

Pls kindly help me in that point.

Pls.

In the same boat, on April 5th my wife attended her interview at Mumbai Consulate and was asked to submit the pay slips and bank statement from Date Of Joining my current company, submitted documents on 9th April, and have been waiting since to hear back from them. Advice is to submit all the documents as requested.

• 1 month later...

Got the passport back with the visa stamp yesterday. Finally a 9 month long trauma came to an end. Thanks to everyone in this forum, it helped me alot through all this time.

Anyone who would like to understand on my case can drop me an email on diwakar85attherategmaildotcom

Thank you rite_0074, we have received the same email from the consulate.

Questions based on you experience:

After you received this email what are the next steps?

Did you get you visa stamped, after how long?

::My mail says the following:

Dear Madam:

Regards

Mumbai NIV/lp

• 1 month later...

Hi

HelpNeeded_Please,

My case is same as your wife's. I have been asked to come to consulate to sign withdrawal Affidavit for my H1 application in order to pursue my H-4 application.

Did they issue her H-4 visa after 221g for your wife.

Also can you give me the affidavit template for H1-B withdrawal form.

Hi R1212,

I don't want to give you wrong information. I think there is no specific rules of withdrawing the current visa application. At least I did not find that information any official site (VFS or USCIS site). What we did was, We sent the email to VFS to withdraw our H1B application and return our documents (as they kept the passport and all the original documents) after sending the email, We had to follow up to that email for over 1.5month (sent email 3times with 3-4 weeks time gap) then finally we receive the email from consulate stating, Please come to consulate at 2pm any day with that email and need to sign the withdrawal document , soon after we confirming to that email stating that my wife will come on Thursday next week, They replied back stating that you don't have to come twice as you are planning to apply for H4 you can do both at the same time. So when my went for H4 visa they initially said to my wife... you H4 is approved and soon they realized that she need to sign the withdrawal of H1B application... they issued her 221G Blue slip H4...... So, this is our case... I read on forums that some people did not withdrew the current application instead they applied for different visa and some got the approval without any issues.... I think there is not set of rules written anywhere on the official site on how to withdraw the application.... Good Luck!!

• 1 month later...

In the same boat, on April 5th my wife attended her interview at Mumbai Consulate and was asked to submit the pay slips and bank statement from Date Of Joining my current company, submitted documents on 9th April, and have been waiting since to hear back from them. Advice is to submit all the documents as requested.

@sopanda @ yoyoman

wat happnd to ur wife h4 visa..pls update ..it wil help others who hav got 221g...

• 2 months later...

My wife and my step son appeared in Delhi embassy on Ocober9th, 2012 for H4 visa . This is my second marriage and so is for my wife. No documents were asked relating to my job. The embassy kept our original divorce degrees. if anyone can share some experience , that may help . Needless to say , wait time is very frustrating.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived