H4 221 g Blue Slip Administrative Processing

nageshkumardg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aditih,

I am in similiar situation like your wife. I appeared for H4 interview in New delhi embassy on August 9th and was not asked for any docs. I didnt get my passpot even though VO said my visa is approved. Its been more than 9 weeks for me and still no reply /communication fom them. How did you get to know that the passport is ready. Any idea on how long I will need to wait?

Hope by now u got ur visa. average is 10 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Luck for the people waiting for their H4 visas. I have a question.

Which consulate among Hyderabad and Chennai is better to attend H4 interview ?

I have had a H1 refusal (hyd consulate) few months ago and plan to attend H4 after a couple of months. I want to play safe and have all documents in place and prepare well for H4.

Could anyone please share their opinion on this please. Thanks !

Hi All,

I attended H4 renewal visa interview today on 5th Dec 2011 at Chennai Consulate.

- Was given a blue 221(g) form for additional administrative processing

- Passport returned

- No additional documents requested

Would like to know if someone else faced the same situation?

Generally how much wait time is involved in such cases?

It would be good if we can share the experiences to keep each other updated on the processing times and updates from the consulate.

People who are going through similar situations or who have come out of it - request your sincere suggestions and guidance.

In addition to my earlier post, I would also like to know how will the consulate people or VFS contact me if they need additional documents?

As mentioned earlier I was given a blue 221(g) , passport given back, no additional documents asked at the time of interview.

Please guide:

- Where can I see the status of my case?

- Which phone numbers I should be contacting them on?

- How will I get to know if they need any additional information or documents? Will they mail or I need to check at some site?

Please provide your valuable inputs.

In addition to my earlier post, I would also like to know how will the consulate people or VFS contact me if they need additional documents?

As mentioned earlier I was given a blue 221(g) , passport given back, no additional documents asked at the time of interview.

Please guide:

- Where can I see the status of my case?

- Which phone numbers I should be contacting them on?

- How will I get to know if they need any additional information or documents? Will they mail or I need to check at some site?

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Hi Neha,

My case is same as yours. Here are my details:

Visa type: H1B new

Consulate: Hyderabad

Date of interview: 25th August

221g type: 221g Blue with AAP checked and no documents asked.

I have been waiting for more than 3 months now and there hasnt been any communication from the consulate. I have been sending them mails periodically and have been getting the automated response saying that my case is still under administrative processing. Now to answer your questions:

Where can I see the status of my case? - 221g Blue cases are not updated on the Consulate website, hence you wont be able to see the status online. Wait for the consulate to contact you, either via email or phone

Which phone numbers I should be contacting them on? - There is a VFS Helpline no. on which you can call and check for status, but VFS is as helpless as us, they just can see a generic update on the case and which usually is the same unless consulate has contacted you. The VFS helpline no. should be mentioned in the 221g form handed over to you.

How will I get to know if they need any additional information or documents? Will they mail or I need to check at some site? They will contact you themselves, via email or phone

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Diwakar

Thanks a lot Diwakar. The info surely helped.

Just hoping that the wait isn't too long. I will keep posting here in case of any updates from my end.

All the best to you too and i hope things work out soon for you! Please do post if you receive any further updates aswell.

Sure Neha, will keep you posted

Hi All,

I attended H4 visa stamping @HYD Consulate on 31st Oct. VO officer said my Visa was approved. When I went to collect my passport they have given me 221g blue form and returned my passport. They didn't ask me to submit any documents. Its already 45 days completed now and no repsonce from Consulate. Did any one of you go to interview around this date and in the same situation and heard any thing from consulate or waiting to hear from consulate...? Please share your experience. I am totally frustated and waiting for the reponse.

Thanks

Hi,

My wife appeared for her H4 restamping yesterday @ Mumbai consulate and received a Blue form 221 (g). They returned the passport and requested additional documents from primary applicant.

My wife's first visa stam expired in Sept 2010 and we already have our H1b, H4 renewed.

The blue form is checked mark with following documents.

From Petitioner

1 - copy of a petiton with all supporting documents as filed to USCIS (including full I129, cover letter for USCIS and educational equivalency report)

2 - A letter from the personel department at US job site stating there is a vacancy for you

3 - A letter from client company sponsoring the project and a copy of a contract betwen client company and IS based petitoner company with timing, terms and project agreement.

From Primary applicant

1 - Income tax returns and W-2s of 3 yrs

2 - copyies of last 10 pay stubs.

did any body have same experience with H4? how long it will take after submitting all documents and what basically they do when one receive blue from with above requests?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My husband attended his H4 visa interview on nov 9th 2011, at Hyderabad consultae..

He was given a blue 221(g) form for additional administrative processing.

No additional documents were requested & the passport is returned.

Would like to know if anyone else has faced the same situation?

People who are going through similar situations or who have come out of it - request your sincere suggestions and guidance.

thanks

deepa

Hi All,

My husband attended his H4 visa interview on nov 9th 2011, at Hyderabad consultae..

He was given a blue 221(g) form for additional administrative processing.

No additional documents were requested & the passport is returned.

Would like to know if anyone else has faced the same situation?

thanks

deepa

• 2 weeks later...

I am alos same boat i applied h4 on july 28th . in my pas port need a name corection the officer told me to submit new pp .... (at that time he told me u r visa is ok but u have to submit new pp with name correction...)after 2 months is submitted new one its already 3 months 20 days till now i didnt got my pp back still waiting any one help us??

Hi,

I finally recieved the visa stamped after administrative processing. I hope and wish things work out quickly for all others. All the best and good luck.

Here is a summary of timelines:

- 5th Dec 2011 - H4 Visa Renewal Interview

Was given a blue 221(g) form for additional administrative processing, Passport returned, No additional documents requested.

- 12th Dec 2011 - My husband's office recieved the information for me to send the passport vis VFS.

Sent the passport the next day.

- 21st Dec 2011 - Recieved the passport back with visa stamped.

There are no standards timelines which they follow to revert back on cases. Just keep your hopes high and hope for the best.

Archived