H4 221 g Blue Slip Administrative Processing

nageshkumardg

I would like to know if we won't submit docs/respond to 221(g) with in a month....then case won't be consider or what?

bcoz the docs I submitted 2 months before through courier was not taken care, so I submitted them again in personal today.....

wondering if we have any dead lines to respond for 221(g)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@redhap

My wife submitted documents in hyd VFS office. They don't take documents sent by courier.I remember we can submit the documents with in 12 months. It should be mention in your 221g slip.

Regarding the case status online, its been 70 days since we submitted documents but our case is still not showing online. When i call VFS they say they say they received documents and case is pending.

You should have called VFS erlier to inquire about documents. Normally i call them once in a week to check the status.

Thanks

Finally we got the passport with visa stamped.

Interview Date =25 April 2011

Visa Issued = 27 July 2011

No documents requested.

The Hyd consulate website still displays as underprocessing (may be they dont update daily).

Have patiance guys.

If your case is more than 12 weeks long try to contact congressional representatives that might help.

Hi,

Finally I got my passport with Visa stamped today.

Intrv Date : 10MAY2011(got 221g, docs req)

Docs submitted : 25th MAY 2011 (thru courier)

Again Docs submitted: 28th July 2011(personally)

passport submitted: 01st AUG 2011

recieved Passport : 05th AUG 2011.

My case number always show as incorrect only till today.

All the best guys...

@radhap

can you please let me know, did you submit your husbands new h1 copy along with required documents.

bco'z i got h4221g yellow slip on may26 at hyd consulate.i was submitted required documents on aug 04 inperson.but my husbands h1 is going to expire in oct 2011.

i will be waiting for your reply

No I guess, bcoz my case was not under administrative processing...

They just verified the docs in HYDERABAD consulate itself.

The delay is bcoz I submitted the requested docs through POST,after 2 mnths I cam to know that we have to submit them personally.

After submitting the docs personaly they took only 1 day to respond.

my company applied for l1 indivisual pp and got petition approval but at consulate interview they gave me blue slip. After 1 week they sent me some docs to submit like client contract etc. We submitted those docs and then they again sent one blue slip "pending under admin process" and now they did not ask any more docs. I am waiting for last 3+ weeks for any reply from consulate. Our passports are with us only.

No updates from consulate till date. Its more than 3 months now.

Wife H4 Visa date: 16 may 2011 (got 221g)

Docs submitted on 18 May 2011

Passport given back

Meanwhile i applied for my H1 extension and got 3 years extension approved last week. Erlier my H1 stamping was valid till 26 Sept 2011.

We have sent a mail to VFS hyderabad attaching new I-797 and I-94. Based on VFS reply we might submit new docs in VFS office.

Hi all

i have got my H1B stamped in Aug 2011 hyd consulate. mine has cleared 211g admin processing and got visa with in 1 month.

i am planning to travel to USA in Mid of Sep

now i am planning to send my wife for her H4 visa stamping. i do not have any pay stubs to submit, as i have not yet travel to USA after stamping

i need your suggestions is it wise enough to send her for H4 stamping now or do i need to wait till we get some pay stubs working in USA.

i was there in USA till 2009 DEC and present applied for new H1b and got successful stamping after 221g admin processing

any suggestions reg questions that will be asked at time of interview are very valuable

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I wife went to for H4 stamping on Aug 25, VO was Indian after few question he said ur Visa is approved and you will be receiving ur passport in 1 week. she was waitig for, but VFS site didn't show anything except for "ur pp is us consulate" . I have waited long and contacted local Cong person as my son is US citizen and his INDIA visa will expire,so finally things moved and i got my passport with VISA.

Archived