**** pending 498A case effect on green card processing***

Hi,

I am an indian citizen and came to US on H1B in the year 2005. I filed LC in jan 2007 and got married in march 2007. she was also working on H1b prior to our marriage. I filed I-485 in july 2007 with out including my wife due to martial differences. My I-485 is still pending. Now I am on EAD. My wife left US and filed 498a (dowry harassement) case on me and my parents in India in august 2007. Indian court issued Non bailable arrest warrent against me in november 2007 and the case has been pending in indian court from the past 3 years as i did not go to India. I went to india in august 2010 and was arrested by indian police.the police produced me before the court. the court sent me for judicial remand, i.e i was put in jail for 5 days.later i was released on bail.still the case is pending. now i would like to come to US, as my PD may become current in few months. my wife already informed all this to USCIS.

As I was put in jail for 5 days in india in 498a case , does it effect on my GC processing?

Any help is greatly appreciated .Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I think these kind of dowry harassment cases are quiet common in India that's why interpol does not accept/consider. Don't worry, you will get GC without fail USCIS knows that these cases are family matters. I knew people, who got even Citizenship too, when they have 489a case on them. I knew the procedure don't worry man.......I will let you know, if you send an email.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

Boss,

Nothing will happen. My friend's wife did the same. He closed the case at police level after 10 months. He got his GC without a glitch. My opinion - you should not have gone to India.

498A doesn't have any value - anymore. Everyone knows that its being used as weapon to extract money from wealthy husbands.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I am an indian citizen and came to US on H1B in the year 2005. I filed LC in jan 2007 and got married in march 2007. she was also working on H1b prior to our marriage. I filed I-485 in july 2007 with out including my wife due to martial differences. My I-485 is still pending. Now I am on EAD. My wife left US and filed 498a (dowry harassement) case on me and my parents in India in august 2007. Indian court issued Non bailable arrest warrent against me in november 2007 and the case has been pending in indian court from the past 3 years as i did not go to India. I went to india in august 2010 and was arrested by indian police.the police produced me before the court. the court sent me for judicial remand, i.e i was put in jail for 5 days.later i was released on bail.still the case is pending. now i would like to come to US, as my PD may become current in few months. my wife already informed all this to USCIS.

As I was put in jail for 5 days in india in 498a case , does it effect on my GC processing?

Any help is greatly appreciated .Thanks in advance

Hi Cnreddy,can you pls help me by providing your experience , I am also in same boat? Pls share your contact details.

Archived