221G (yellow slip) Toronto - September 12 2011

H1b_221G_yellow

Hi,

I attended H1b renewal on Sept 19th 2011 @ 9:30 AM in Toronto and I got 221g yellow form.

My Case: 2nd Term H1B

Interview: Sept 19th 2011

Model: Full time employee with American company that employs 140k employees.

Visa Officer kept I797A, resume, passport, gave back all employer related documents, I129, etc.

The Visa Officer told me that it will take about 1-3 weeks and told that DHL will contact for passport pickup.

It's been two weeks already. I haven't received any email.

Waiting on update from the consulate.!

Regards

Sri

Hello guys

Sorry to hear about your 221g case..

I was just wondering about your status in Canada. I meant to ask if you all are Permanent Resident of Canada or came on Tourist visa !!

I will appreciate if you can share the information and also about any update in your cases.

Thanks

Hello guys

Sorry to hear about your 221g case..

I was just wondering about your status in Canada. I meant to ask if you all are Permanent Resident of Canada or came on Tourist visa !!

I will appreciate if you can share the information and also about any update in your cases.

Thanks

I am on a Tourist visa (single entry). It has been 24 calendar days as of today, waiting for reply from the consulate.

I am on a Tourist visa (single entry). It has been 19 calendar days as of today, waiting for reply from the consulate.

I got an email from u.s consulate to submit my passport and after some time they recalled the same message. I think they realize that my passport is with them.

Is there anybody got similar situation?

@srini & h1b 221g yellow

I understand what you are going through.. I wish you get your stamping soon..

It is really not advisable to come to Canada for stamping if you are a short visitor ( and not a PR/Citizen) , this is what they have mentioned on US Consulate Toronto web site.

but anyways you will get your passport soon. They say it might take few weeks so just keep your fingers crosses.. in any case the processing time will be shorter than India..so thats a good point..

@srini & h1b 221g yellow

I understand what you are going through.. I wish you get your stamping soon..

It is really not advisable to come to Canada for stamping if you are a short visitor ( and not a PR/Citizen) , this is what they have mentioned on US Consulate Toronto web site.

but anyways you will get your passport soon. They say it might take few weeks so just keep your fingers crosses.. in any case the processing time will be shorter than India..so thats a good point..

Thanks, lets all hope for the best.

Srini09, how long did it take to get the email from the consulate regarding the passport?

Guys - my brother got stuck in the 221G rut in Toronto. He is an FTE with a reputed firm. This was his second H1B (same company), never got the first stamped in his passport. The interview was basic and the VO gave him a yellow sheet, told it could take up to 4 weeks. We are muslims and it it my guess that it was because of a name hit on some database. Although the VO didnt seem to say much more than admin process.

Anyone been through this (security check?) admin processing, how long does it take? Is anyone else stuck in Toronto, running up huge hotel bills? Any thoughts on temporary housing in toronto. I hope it doesn't take that long. thoughts.

Hi All,

I had my visa Interview on Oct 17th in Toronto. I got a yellow slip 221g. The officer said that the consulate will contact me. They did not give any tentative dates. They asked me for my manager in Client location and his contact. I was able to provide his name but since his number was in my mobile I couldnt provide it. The officer gave me a yellow slip and returned my passport. If someone else is also in similar situation can you please respond how much time it usually takes for this? Appreciate your response.

Basically, they asked me about my company and I answered all their questions. Then they asked about the client location and I told them about the location and my role there. Then they asked me if I have any letters from the client. My client doesnt give any client letters. I had some appreciation emails that I had printed out and I showed them. Then they asked who my manager in the client location was and I gave his name. They asked his contact. Unfortunately, his number was stored only in my phone which I had to leave outside since they dont allow any electronics inside. So, I told the officer about that. He said he'll need to do more processing and then returned my passport. He took my I797 and I94 though. He then gave me a yellow 221g form crossing the part which says more administrative processing required and told me that they would contact me and that I'll have to wait. He said it might take around a week or so. But not sure.

That was pretty much it.

Basically, they asked me about my company and I answered all their questions. Then they asked about the client location and I told them about the location and my role there. Then they asked me if I have any letters from the client. My client doesnt give any client letters. I had some appreciation emails that I had printed out and I showed them. Then they asked who my manager in the client location was and I gave his name. They asked his contact. Unfortunately, his number was stored only in my phone which I had to leave outside since they dont allow any electronics inside. So, I told the officer about that. He said he'll need to do more processing and then returned my passport. He took my I797 and I94 though. He then gave me a yellow 221g form crossing the part which says more administrative processing required and told me that they would contact me and that I'll have to wait. He said it might take around a week or so. But not sure.

That was pretty much it.

Its become very uncertain now a days in Toronto. I am waiting with a yellow 221 g from almost 25 days...

Lets hope the best for all of us.

Hi Karthikthiagu,

It has been 35 days and I am still waiting for a response.

Hi H1B_221G_yellow,

I really hope that you get your response soon. I can feel the pain of waiting. Each hour looks like years. 35 days is a lot.

Hope the USCIS makes a decision to speeden up these checks. They already did a lot of check during the I-797 approval. Again, now they are doing an administrative check which takes so long. I dont know if they realize that we dont get so much vacation days in a calendar year.

Anyways, we are here and lets keep hoping for the best and lets not lose our spirits.

-Karthik

Archived