221G (yellow slip) Toronto - September 12 2011

H1b_221G_yellow

One update. I got an email from Toronto FPU asking for my physical location of work and the client supervisor's contact. I have responded back through email itself. Not sure if I need to go in person and provide the details. The email did not specifically ask to come to consulate. Hoping that they'll call my client manager and ask for my details. Fingers crossed.

Client received second call on Oct 5.

Still waiting on reply from the consulate. It has been 30 calendar days.

My h1b has been rejected yesterday.

Reason: Your petitioner does not appear to be either able or willing to provide qualifying employment in the U.S. in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations.

All the best for everyone waiting.

hi everyone - need some urgent info pls.

I had my visa interview today and got handed a generic looking white slip which said additional administrative processing will be required despite being told by the consulate that my visa had been approved. do you know what this means and how long it typically takes to receive the passport? any input will be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Oh no...thats too bad. Sorry to hear that H1b_221G_yellow. What is the next step now? Can you reach out to your attorney and ask them whether you can request the consulate to reconsider their decision ?

Next and the only available step very sadly is to book a 3000$ flight back to India and go through the trauma of applying for a new h1b all over again,:(

Good luck and i am very sorry to hear this.

Karthikthiagu , dream16

Looks like finding a new employer and filing a new H1 is the only option at this point for me.

All the best for everyone waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

If your visa is struck under 221(g), your application is still open and might not get a transit or temporary visa until they reach a decision. * Not sure on this though

When I asked the VO the same question 'Is there any possibility of travelling back to India?' - He said I can go anywhere in the world other than the US, but I have to come back to submit the passport if called for and this cannot be processed in any US consulate other than here (Toronto).

So if you are traveling to Canada, make sure you get a multiple entry visa before you go.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had my interview today and received a yellow 221g. VO didn't ask for much documentation and kept my I797 and passport with him. Can anyone let me know what happen after this when should I be expecting the email to submit more information. And how much time does it takes for them to revert back with once we submit all the required details. Please let me know what should be done next.

After reading this post and their replies I am bit scared and so i guess my counting days begins today. Please reply soon as I am eager know what can be done next. I am in Toronto, anyone still here in Toronto waiting for their reply please let me know if possible would meet.

Thank You.

Hi All,

I had my visa Interview on Oct 17th in Toronto. I got a yellow slip 221g. The officer said that the consulate will contact me. They did not give any tentative dates. They asked me for my manager in Client location and his contact. I was able to provide his name but since his number was in my mobile I couldnt provide it. The officer gave me a yellow slip and returned my passport. If someone else is also in similar situation can you please respond how much time it usually takes for this? Appreciate your response.

Hello,

Hydro I am Deepak, i am in similar situation as u r. Pleas let me know the time frame in which you 221g was answered and solved.

Thanks.

One update. I got an email from Toronto FPU asking for my physical location of work and the client supervisor's contact. I have responded back through email itself. Not sure if I need to go in person and provide the details. The email did not specifically ask to come to consulate. Hoping that they'll call my client manager and ask for my details. Fingers crossed.

Hello Hydro,

Please can u share ur latest update with us. when did u receive ur passport back.

Thanks.

Hello,

I had my interview today and received a yellow 221g. VO didn't ask for much documentation and kept my I797 and passport with him. Can anyone let me know what happen after this when should I be expecting the email to submit more information. And how much time does it takes for them to revert back with once we submit all the required details. Please let me know what should be done next.

After reading this post and their replies I am bit scared and so i guess my counting days begins today. Please reply soon as I am eager know what can be done next. I am in Toronto, anyone still here in Toronto waiting for their reply please let me know if possible would meet.

Thank You.

Hi DCL,

I had H1B interview today and received yellow slip similar to yours. can you share your contact details so that we can be touch.

Thank You.

@DCL,

Sorry to hear your case. Me too got 221G green form at Toronto on Nov 21st & still waiting to hear from the consulate.

Mine is EVC and what is your model? Though VO returned my PP, since I am single entry visitor visa to Canada, could not go out.

What is your email ID, I will drop a mail to you to discuss more about it offline.

But I am just wondering what are these different 221G colors signifies?

@DCL,

Sorry to hear your case. Me too got 221G green form at Toronto on Nov 21st & still waiting to hear from the consulate.

Mine is EVC and what is your model? Though VO returned my PP, since I am single entry visitor visa to Canada, could not go out.

What is your email ID, I will drop a mail to you to discuss more about it offline.

But I am just wondering what are these different 221G colors signifies?

Hello Kartek,

You can mail me at destinyschild786@gmail.com.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi folks -

I was given a yellow 221g with necessary admin processing form at Toronto Consulate. My appointment date was sep 4. I work directly for my employer and its my 2nd H1 visa stamp with this employer. All my previous 3 h1b stampings were smooth and neithermy company & attorneys nor I can fathom why they would want to do admin processing now on me who has clean records.

I was asked these questions:

1. Who is your current employer

2. Since when have ou been working there

3. What is highest level of education ?

- MS in CS

4. What was your research/project work in MS

- Computer networks

5. Did you work on any network security ?

- No

6. Did you do any encryption related research ?

- No

7. Can I have your resume

- Sure

VO said, everything looks good. I will recommend for your visa approval but it can take 3 weeks. Kept my 1-797 and my resume and returned my passport. She handed a Yellow 221g with necessary admin processing checked and asked no other documents.

I asked her if there's some problem with my application and the VO asked me not to worry about it and I should hear in 3 weeks.

Has anyone been this situation ? IS this some sort of security check ? Whats been the response time like for such cases ? To me it sounds like the whole MS major (computer networks) thing triggered the 221g. I feel that for some reason that officer wanted to save her tail and put my case under 221g for further review by some other authority.

Any information you guys could provide would be great. I have 3 more weeks before my current visa expires. I am still in Toronto now but decided to enter the US in the next few days before my visa expires since this admin process might take a while.

Is there something like if you visit Canada for less than 30days from US, they will not issue a new i-94 ? I travelled out of the US a month ago when I had my I-797 (valid until Sep 2015) and visa (valid until Sep 2012) with me, I got a new I-94 valid until sep 2015.

When I entered Canada after that, they did not take my I-94. So when I enter the US in a few days, do you know if they are gonna issue another I-94 valid until Sep 2012 or Sep 2015 ? given that I dont have my I-797 (sep 2015) now but only a visa that expires sep 2012.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived